4.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest model for my requirements., 3 Dec 2009
This review is from: Texas Instruments TI 82 Stats Graphing Calculator (Electronics)
I bought this because it is on the list of required models for Open University course MU120 Open Mathematics, which I am taking. This particular model happens to be the cheapest of the range, so I recommend it on that basis.

This calculator is surprisingly big, compared to most Casio models. It is not at all intuitive to use, either. Get it if you need it for a course.

Edit: After using this for a few months I have increased my rating of this calculator; since learning more of its graphic capability and programmability, I appreciate the powerful features.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 July 2014
happy with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Batteries Last Forever, 28 Dec 2013
I changed the batteries in this last week.
I have had the calculator for 4 years and only now the batteries needed changing.
It has been used in 3 Open University courses and for just about every calculation over the past 4 years.
It is a very powerful calculator and I have forgot how to use most of the graphing functions etc.
That said I don't use that sort of thing anyway.
The case is very sturdy, It would look better if it was black.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good buy, 24 Sep 2014
usual hi quality product from TI, only bitch is that the cable etc. to download screen dump from calculator is so expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 12 April 2013
Bought this for my son, he quickly tested it, it works very well. This is exactly what he needs. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stats Graphing Calculator, 14 July 2010
Judith M. Berry (Garforth Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
Bought as a gift for my Grand-daughter taking her A levels excellent value and excellent product, thankyou Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars TI-82, 4 Jun 2012
I purchased this item because of my math finals and I must say that it helped me a lot more than I can imagine.
The option of having an instant graph without actually drawing it is really helpfull and time-conserving.
Futhermore, I added some programs to solve binomial func. etc. which also saved me a lot of time and unnecessary mistakes.
It's probably worth the money.

P.S.: The only thing I didn't like are the spaces near the display which literally collect the dust etc. and that the lid (cover) will actually scratch your calc. everytime you try to slide it open.

5.0 out of 5 stars calculator review, 4 Jan 2011
I purchased this calculator for my daughter for her GCSE and she is very happy with it. And as always Amazon delivered it on time.

Texas Instruments TI 82 Stats Graphing Calculator