Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 April 2014
Despite the fact that many consider Elvis to be primarily a rock 'n' roll singer, Elvis returned to singing and recording gospel songs throughout his career. This CD includes songs spanning the period 1957-1969, and includes all of the tracks featured on Elvis' million selling EP 'Peace In The Valley' (1957). The remainder of the songs in this collection are lifted from Elvis' movie soundtracks or were singles recorded in the 1960's. The influence of such gospel giants as Mahalia Jackson is evident throughout as Elvis turns in one impassioned performance after another, my favourites being Let Us Pray, We Call On Him and the title track. Like many of the other buyers, I owned this album in its original vinyl format and was delighted when the album was re-issued in CD format. Despite originally being a budget priced album, it is arguably Elvis' finest gospel album.
on 8 August 2014
I've been listening to this for forty-odd years (since the early 70s). Put it on again today and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck as the king sang the first bars of 'You'll never walk alone...'and tears in my eyes at 'Who am I'. What a man. What a voice , what a recording. Although I have the full gospel remasters that includes all these songs, I still had to replace my ancient vinyl album with the remastered cd of this recording, this song collection is just so right and captures Elvis at his vocal height. Surely a voice gifted by God, and I'm not a religious man. Elvis was, and his devotion is proven so clearly in this stunning vocal performance of these incredibly moving songs.
on 9 January 2013
What can you say about this man. He was and still is the King. I losst the original record many years ago and thanks to Amazon I have now got in on cd.
on 30 July 2012
THE CD IS A MASTERCLASS OF THE KING IN PERFECT VOICE AS EVERY TRACK IS SANG WITH A LOT OF FEELING TO IT, THIS IS A MUST FOR ALL ELVIS FANS.
on 7 June 2014
i played you`ll never walk alone by elvis in my car through bluetooth, i transferred it to my phone from the original vinyl l.p. my brother was in the car and said he didn`t know elvis had covered the song. i saw this c.d. on amazon a couple of days later so i bought it for him. it`s elvis at his gospel best and very easy listening.
on 28 March 2008
i bought this album many years ago as a young boy,and still listen to it till this day one of my many gospel albums,,well done elvis
on 3 January 2016
Great mixture of gospel singing from the man known as The King of Rocknroll but this selectio shows thta gospel music was his first love & where he got most of his style from!!...It is ironic that in the 50's he was castigated for being a bad influence on juvenile deliquency but he got his feel from singing early in his life from singing in church....A superb collection headed off with an amazing version of the title song ( which he only ever sang live once in Nassau Coliseum on July 19th 1975 )...
on 18 September 2014
It is a meanning full CD.When Eiivis sings You Never Walk Alone he sings it from the heart..
on 31 July 2013
I have you'll never walk alone on LP and was really pleased to find it on CD, now I can play it in the car
Delivery was very good, came the next morning after ordered, so would recommend this site to friends
on 23 October 2015
Love this album.Bought the original LP in the early seventies.Its worth it for the title track alone but also has some other solid tunes.One of my favourites being Let Us Pray from Elvis's last movie Change Of Habit.