5.0 out of 5 stars Homage or parody, Hot Fuzz is the best of modern British comedy.
Police Constable Nicholas Angel is the pride of the London Service, trouble is is that he is making everybody else look bad, so much so his superiors promote him to Sergeant in the sleepy village of Sandford, Gloucestershire. Yet all is not right with Sandford as the locals start meeting grizzly deaths, thus thrusting Angel into his biggest case so far.

The...
Published 11 months ago by Spike Owen

3.0 out of 5 stars Over rated...
I was brought up on films such as The Naked Gun (Police Squad was the tv series) and im only 18, those films were hilarious and i still laugh at them, however, in my opinion, Hot Fuzz is a good film, but it lacks the comedy that i first saw from the trailers, yes there are some funny parts, but i felt the film was slow and i was quite dissapointed with the outcome of it
Published on 23 Nov. 2008 by Mr. I. Powell Morley

‹ Previous | 135 36 3745 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Different Action, 27 Oct. 2007
Mrs. D. A. Northgate (Hornsey, North London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not actually a fan of Shaun of the Dead, I just didn't find it that funny, but this really made me laugh and I recommend it to all. Simon Pegg plays Nicholas Angel, the Met's top Police Officer, the best at everything. Only he's so good that he's making them look bad so they ship him off to the countryside to a little village in the middle of nowhere. He's still doing everything by the book, which means rounding up all the underage drinkers and glaring at hoodies. His sidekick is Danny, obsessed with Bad Boys II and Point Break, he wants to shoot things while jumping through the air. All goes along nicely until the grisly 'accidents' that keep occurring. Angel thinks they could be linked but no one believes him. Can he crack the case? This is daft beyond belief, but it knows it. I love Simon Pegg's face throughout it all, totally straight, I don't know how he did it. And of course the uber geek in me loves all the references to other films it does, which is what I loved best about Spaced. Go watch it when it's out and have a good laugh. It's been ages since a film tickled me so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here comes the Fuzz, 7 April 2007
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
This film is an amazingly high octain intelligently made movie, it's like a cross between Midsomer Murders and Shaun of the Dead. The film is so well done in fact, it is probably the best cop film since the Lethal Weapon movies. It is set in the somerset town of Wells (called Sandford in the film) which is about 15 miles southwest of Bristol, and focuses on the usual theme of how odd english people are in a typical large village/ small town in the country - even if the goings on are slightly exacturated off the scale.

The police force at the start of the film are your typical lazy, can't be bothered, sooner leg it in the opposite direction then solve a crime type of police - bit like the Hull police force on a Saturday Night.

The film then moves onto this conspiracy between the yocals/yocal police trying to do in the new sergant (simon pegg) who has arrived in the village and is apparantly trying to do too good a job.

I won't tell you how it ends because there is no point unless you go and see the film yourself.

So all in all a very good film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 6 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
Finally we have some good British Comedy that stands out from the rest.
This is a brilliant Movie and is the first I've seen of Simon Pegg - who has a very good and distinctive voice. It has brilliant acting, with a lot of laughs.
Slightly gory, however your take on this depends whether you like that sort of film. Including a spire going through a man's neck at the end... suprisingly he survives this! But otherwise it's a great film, but not for under twelves. It looks at Officer Nicholas who works in London, and happens to be the best police officer there. But he's making the others look bad, so he is put in a countryside villiage, where nothing ever happens... or does it?
Fantastic flim!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Mar. 2015
Ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Feb. 2015
G.C. (TRENTO, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Fuzz [DVD] (DVD)
OK

5.0 out of 5 stars A good movie., 5 Oct. 2007
ZE Jordan "zothepro" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
This film had a lot to live up to after shawn of the dead. I was expecting it to be wetting my pants funny constantly and a movie not to be missed. Did it live up to my expectations? honestly - no. But they were unreasonably high. If I hadn't seen Shawn, I would have loved it. It is funny - genuinely hilarious in parts - and a good addition to most DVD collections. It deserves the 5 I gave it

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 12 July 2014
J. C. CRONIN (UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
Don't remember ordering this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Fuzz certainly is!, 25 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
My son purchased me this DVD for fathers day, and due to family commitments I had to watch it over 2 days. This only really added to the enjoyment, in short I think this will become a sort of cult film, the references to other great works is fantastic, as well as the wonderful performances from the whole cast. Highly recommended to all. I am glad I have a first edition, so I can sell it for millions in 50 years time.

Spud>

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilerious!, 25 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
This movie is one of the rare British comedys, not written by Americans!
There are some quite violent scenes, so if you don't find grannys shooting funny, well don't watch it! For the rest of us....it's a great comedy movie to watch with friends (maybe not some family).

go on....you know you want to buy it! :P

you won't be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud, 29 Oct. 2007
Anne-Marie Craven (Lancs, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
this is the 1st time I have been moved to write a review so that is saying a lot about this film, comedy films can be so hit & miss and I don't like "stupid" humour films but this was so funny. I felt the lines delivered by the female police "officer" were hilarious. Watch & enjoy.

‹ Previous | 135 36 3745 | Next ›