5.0 out of 5 stars You'll love it if you pay attention
This is an intelligent British spoof cop film. It is rather different from American spoof movies, the list of which is almost endless and which rely on rather cheap gags, all the way back to Airplane and Naked Gun. This film has a proper plot line which is at the same time quite clever and in the end too ridiculous for words. Having a proper plot line means that (unlike...
Published on 20 Jan 2008 by Kamran Rahman

3.0 out of 5 stars Over rated...
I was brought up on films such as The Naked Gun (Police Squad was the tv series) and im only 18, those films were hilarious and i still laugh at them, however, in my opinion, Hot Fuzz is a good film, but it lacks the comedy that i first saw from the trailers, yes there are some funny parts, but i felt the film was slow and i was quite dissapointed with the outcome of it
Published on 23 Nov 2008 by Mr. I. Powell Morley

‹ Previous | 134 35 36 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely rubbish, 5 July 2011
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
This film is awful. It is the first film in a long time that I have switched off before the end. Maybe funny if you are 12 but I didn't laugh at all. Don't believe the rave reviews. My copy is up for sale!

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Not That Funny, 26 Aug 2007
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I've read loads of glowing reviews from people saying this was was of the funniest films ever but I just didn't get it ! Sure , it made me smile in places and had a great cast but nowhere near as good as I thought it would be .

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish from start to finish., 13 Jun 2007
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
A poor follow-up to Shaun of the Dead. Far too long, silly plot and a confused sense of story direction. The action is just stupid, the jokes aren't funny and it all comes across as a bit tedious. Lots of anoying montage moments too. Don't bother.

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time..., 25 Jun 2008
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
You need to have had a lobotomy to find this funny. It's just rubbish. Don't waste your life watching it.

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT BOTHER READING THE GOOD REVIEWS, 25 Aug 2007
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
this film is not funny at all this is nothing like shawn of the dead (as in comedy) and the plot is just pathetic

1.0 out of 5 stars When does the comedy start?, 11 Nov 2007
J. Nichol (Northumberland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I do not believe this film even deserved one star.
I have never seen such a load of total rubbish in all my life. It was as funny as sitting in a waiting room for two hours. How it was a hit is beyond me. I can't believe so many well-known actors were in this, they must have been mad. I asked my boyfriend twice if we could turn it off, but we kept watching till the end, hoping it was going to get better. Needless to say, it didn't. It went from downright boringingly flat to ridiculously stupid. At the very end my boyfriend turned to me and said, "So, when are we watching the comedy film?"
By the way, I have been watching DVD's for years, but this is the first time I felt I had to leave a review for one, that's how BAD it was.

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst films I've seen, 24 Oct 2007
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
Obviously this type of humour goes right over my head. I just do not think this film was remotely comedic. It started off bad and got worse. Terrible.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, just terrible!, 15 Sep 2007
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
This was like watching a really poor episode of the Comic Strip Presents.. from the 1980's, but at least they were funny, this was just very dull and the actors in it just loved themselves and could not wipe the smug look off their faces. I am bemused that this film was a hit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Even more unfunny than shaun of the dead, 9 Nov 2007
This review is from: Hot Fuzz (2 Disc Special Edition) [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
This is the worst film since mars attacks. I didnt realise it was a comedy for an hour its so bad. It is a 90 minute long bumpkin joke - enough said.

1.0 out of 5 stars dreadful, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Hot Fuzz [DVD] (DVD)
watched about ten mins, turned it off and threw it away, purile and mind numbing shouting is not funny - will be on itv soon, if you like that sort of thing you will love this

‹ Previous | 134 35 36 | Next ›