5.0 out of 5 stars ikaraoke gadget review
Published on 4 Feb 2009 by V. J. McNamee

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware - there are two versions of iKaraoke!
9757-IKAROKE is the original (now discontinued) version that will not work with recent iPods including the iPhone and iPod Touch.
9757-IKAROKE-2 is the new version (advertised here) that works with every iPod to date.

Just to confirm that, here's what we got back from the helpful people at Griffin when we queried our version:

"Hello,
There...
Published on 4 Dec 2009 by dilksung

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware - there are two versions of iKaraoke!, 4 Dec 2009

"Hello,
There are two different models, and the first one is NOT compatible with the touch.
Hope this helps,
Curt
Griffin Technology
Technical Support"

We bought an iKaraoke from BestBuyDeals via this Amazon page - advertised as 9757-IKAROKE-2 in the listing. We received the earlier version. Luckily BestBuyDeals offered a no quibble refund.
So double check what you get when buying an iKaraoke, and make sure its not just old discontinued stock be sold as something it isn't. Its easy to spot which version you've got by the packaging - the new version will will list the iPod Touch as compatible. Don't get ripped off with an older version!

5.0 out of 5 stars ikaraoke gadget review, 4 Feb 2009
V. J. McNamee (Redditch, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin iKaraoke - Karaoke Device For iPod (Electronics)
I got this gadget for my girlfriend as she is always singing along to her ipod tunes,but this quirky piece of tech allows you to put your own vocals over the actual tune. She rates it as her best pressie for christmas She's gone back to being a teenager in her bedroom again! It could also be a hit at parties if we can prise it away from her. Good and fun piece of kit, I would recommend it for all those who want to have a bit of a laugh with yourself or a group of slightly merry friends singing along to some questionable tunes at the weekend, have fun with it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars iKaraoke, 18 Nov 2007
This review is from: Griffin iKaraoke - Karaoke Device For iPod (Electronics)
To disagree with the previous review, I found the ikaraoke was really good quality, neatly presented and easy to work. It was really amazing to have your own "karaoke" set and me and my friends have had hours of fun. You can also turn the original vocals of the song off which is great for professional gigs or shows. It's also an alternative to speakers. It was generally easy to tune the radio to it, I found, although sometimes it takes a while to find the frequency. I think that would improve if I used a line in though, which I haven't got yet. The only complaint I would have is that without careful positioning, there can be horrible feedback and interference. However, I haven't generally had a problem with that. This is a great present or purchase overall.

1.0 out of 5 stars Let Down iKaraoke, 30 Dec 2007
This review is from: Griffin iKaraoke - Karaoke Device For iPod (Electronics)
The sound quality of the Griffin iKaraoke is extremely poor. I have tried it with the line out option & it does not improve the sound in anyway. I have honestly heard microphones on toddler toys with a stronger, clearer sound. I would have hoped Griffin could have manufactured a better product. As has been said the concept is great but until some other manufacturer takes time to put the proper technology in place to improve on the quality i would strongly advice you keep your money in your pocket. Santas little disapointment this year im afraid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 19 Jan 2008
Christopher Weinberg (Sale.UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin iKaraoke - Karaoke Device For iPod (Electronics)
I bought this item, took it out of its package(one of those horrendous plastic bubble packs that you have to get the scissors to) and within a couple of minutes was singing along to my ipod classic. For the price of this item I don't think that you could really complain, the only thing it does not do well is remove the vocals. I'm sure the sound quality depends what you connect it to. I have used it on FM and line in both giving a satisfactory output.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review, 21 May 2009
This review is from: Griffin iKaraoke - Karaoke Device For iPod (Electronics)
this worked fine on an ipod video but did not work on ipod touch. just be aware of this. Product worked perfectly though on ipod classic and if thats what you want it for. go for it

1.0 out of 5 stars I karaoke review, 31 Mar 2009
Jm Ballan-whitfield (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin iKaraoke - Karaoke Device For iPod (Electronics)
This didn't work on the ipod we bought it for, we tried another ipod and it worked but the sound quality is rubbish and the instructions are not very clear.

1.0 out of 5 stars Griffin iKaraoke, 8 April 2008
M. Dawson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin iKaraoke - Karaoke Device For iPod (Electronics)
I will NEVER subscribe to the view that just because something is cheap it doesn't matter if it's useless. This doesn't work at all with Line In and barely works with FM. However, it has given my friends one of their best laughs in years - watching me try to set this up and get it working. I may have bought a dud one, but I suspect mine works as well as they all do, and they don't - if you get my meaning. Don't buy one. Pay more, get something that works.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with any modern iPod, 2 Oct 2010
This review is from: Griffin iKaraoke - Karaoke Device For iPod (Electronics)
Although the product information says : 9757-IKAROKE-2, they actually ship the much older 9757-IKaraoke which means it does not work with any iPod manufactured over the past four years. Presumably they bought a cheap batch of outdated iKaraoke products and are trying to offload them cheap. Really unpleasant Del-boy sales tactic and the item should really be advertised for what it is -- an out-of-date end-of-line product that will probably go straight in the bin because it will cost more to return it than it is worth. Avoid.

4.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS, 5 Mar 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Griffin iKaraoke - Karaoke Device For iPod (Electronics)
i thought it was fabulous i never thought a little microphone would make such a difference to the sound BUY IT u would be a fool not to buy it!
it was a christmas present from my papa i am so lucky!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›