on 8 November 2007
This DVD (2006 - 54 minutes) is about Bill Travers who in 1967 leaves his surrey home and visits George Adamson in Kora, Kenya. There he meets Ugas, Boy and Girl and 4 other cubs.
Bill helps Adamson with the lions and meets Girl cubs. The lions recognise Travers from making of the Born Free movie.
Ugas has to have one of his eyes out after infection. It is a very moving DVD and shows immence efforts gone into preservation of the lions.
The Kenyan countryside is also beautiful. Other DVD's with similar theme are:-
(1) To Walk With Lions, Richard Harris 1999
(2) Where No Vultures Fly, Anthony Steel 1951
(3) Christian The Lion, George Adamson 2006
(4) Big Cat Special, Jonathan Scott 2009
(5) Born Free, Virginnia Mckenna/Bill Travers 1965
(6) Cheetah, Keith Coogan 1989
(7) Lord of The Lions, VHS George Adamson 1991
(8) Lions - Deluxe 4 DVD Set, George Adamson 2008
Watch and ENJOY.
Books with Similar theme are:-
(1) Bwana Game, George Adamson 1968
(2) My Pride and Joy, George Adamson 1986
(3) The Great Safari, Adrian House 1993
(4) Born Free/Living Free/Forever Free, Joy Adamson 1960/61/62
(5) Last of The Free, Gareth Patterson 1994
(6) On Playing With Lions, Virginnia Mckenna 1966
(7) Return To The Wild, Norman carr 1963
(8) A Lion Called christian, Bourke and Randall 1971 (2009)
(9) Born Wild, Tony Fitzjohn 2010
(10)Lord of the Lions, Sandy Gall 1991
Having Born in Kenya, I enjoyed reading these books.
Read and ENJOY.