Price:£30.95+ £4.06 shipping

on 6 August 2007
When I placed the order for Cars at amazon, I was looking for a small racing game. I know that the remote controller is not the best thing to handle car movements, so I didn't want to spend a lot of money just yet to get a racing game. Read some other verdicts for Cars and I thought, okay, I will give it a go.

DID NOT EXPECT SO MUCH FUN!!!! There are many mini games available, many (mostly race tracks) needs to be unlocked. I have been enjoying it since I got it last Friday, and have to say there is nothing bad at all about the game. It would definitely please the kids, but also the grown ups as well.

The only worries are the "2" button on the remote controller. You use it as the accelerator and you know what we do when it comes to racing games! I am quite afraid that it will stop working one day just because I won't release it during a race!

In terms of handling, have to say Lightening McQueen can be quite a handful. You will see me driving it in wavy S curves all the time, so at the moment I am waiting for my racing grip to arrive. Unfortunately McQueen is the only character you can use to win races and unlock games. Sally, on the other hand, seems to go much smoother and is much easier to handle. We are compaing an MX5 to a Porsher afterall so I suppose it might just reflect some sort of reality here!

There are different sort of games, once the mini games are unlocked you can race the different characters on different tracts, like the Piston Cup, off road tracts, normal road races, even a truck race. There are also mini games to train you how to control the cars, like finding tyres, pit stops (which is really funny!). There are just so many things that you will have to explore.

Definitely worth the money for less than 20 quid, and I think it will be a good build up before we come to more race like games, such as Need for Speed.
on 16 February 2008
Bought this for my three year old who is cars crazy. He loves it and is getting to grips with the controls. Also great for us to play together.
I didn't expect much but so many mini games and characters you can play for hours
on 18 June 2008
(by Jiordan 12) My mum ordered this game for me and when i got it i was so exciting. I love this game and it never ends one of the best games. The reason i am deducting a star is because it is quite hard to steer and my 3 year old cousin struggles trying to go around a corner because iit is quite hard to steer. Other then that itis pretty easy, and you can do the full size experience (for teenagers, older children or adults) or the small cars one (for younger children). I reccommend this game to any one who was lookin to buy it.
on 4 May 2009
When selecting games for my grand-children, reading reviews helps me out. So the rating given is mainly on their enjoyment of the game. I haven't been allowed much time to experience 'Cars' game for myself, but my 6 year old grandson plays it regularly and gets alot of pleasure from it. I was a bit worried that his slight learning difficulties would hamper him, but the lowest level is very user friendly and he manages the control of the car quite easily using the Wii wheel. He also enjoys just selecting a practice mode, driving on and off road, doing spins, raising dust and bumping into anything that moves. We are only gaming novices and are perhaps easily pleased. I can only rate 'Cars' game as we have found it and HEY!! even the gaming experts were novices once upon a time.
on 3 February 2011
Every bit as good as everyone says. I've been playing this one constantly with my 6 year old . Very good graphics and in every sense true to the film. Tons of unlockable games and very progressive. It's what Wii's about.
on 20 June 2012
My 6 y old is a car's racing type of guy. Red cars are always fast! He loves this game. It has got different characters to choose and different modes to play.. Long hours of entertainment! Perfect!
on 9 January 2011
Daughter very pleased with this product. Arrived in good time.Overall brill!!! made my daughters christmas. Good price for bundle, games included were mario kart, sports resort and donkey kong.
on 10 March 2009
good fun game, was hooked on mario kart and wanted another driving style game to be a bit different....has plenty of different style races and courses and some good options to open up as you complete more levels
on 27 June 2011
After spending time and money on Wii games for my three year old to be able to just play and play this is top so far. On story mode he can drive the cars anywhere he likes doing jumps, off road and around the roads, without time restrictions, restarts or resets, he loves it his sister a little older likes the mini games when it's her turn. My three year olds confidence has soared now he can do what he wants to do, which is just get on and play the game. I can finally walk away for a moment brilliant. There are less favourable reviews, however it is what it is a kiddie's game based on a kiddies cartoon and is very age appropriate and my three year old and five year old love it. Hope this helps
on 18 January 2013
It is quite easy to use once you know how to navigate around the options. As I am over 50 and bought it for my grandchildren, this took me some time! The kids love it!