1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Great compact camera packed with features, 14 Mar 2007
Mr. P. R. Walters (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon IXUS i7 Digital Camera (7.1MP, 2.4x optical zoom) - Grey (Electronics)
I purchased this camera as a replacement for my aging and well used 3.2mp Canon camera. The Canon Ixus i7 is fantastic value, at 7.1 megapixel a great deal of detail is packed in and the camera is the size of an average mobile phone, so ideal for keeping in your pocket.

The camera uses rechargable battery packs which last very well, I would recommend buying a spare however. The kit comes with software, a cradle for charging and downloading your photos, and a compact remote - ideal for showing the photos on a TV. Its a shame a case is not included. Buying a case to fit is a little difficult as the shape is different to most digital cameras, I would recommend purchasing the official canon leather case which is stylish and tough to protect the camera. The camera itself feels very well made, being completely metal.

The only thing I was dissapointed with was the fact that low light photos seem to be very grainy, much more so than my old Canon A70, but that may be due to the small size of the camera lens. I was very impressed with the video quality, it appears to be almost the same as that of a camcorder with a full frame rate too, giving very pleasing results both indoor and out.

Overall I would say this is a great camera, it takes excellent quality photos generally, and the camera itself is pleasing to the eye. I would recommend this over any other camera in the price range. A very nice piece of kit!