5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful piece of kit !
Published on 20 May 2007 by Jimmy L

3.0 out of 5 stars How long should the ink cartidgel ast?
I bought the Picturemate 240 as an "extra" present for my daughter and her family at Christmas. Super product - super pictures and even my 11 year old grand-daughter can work it fine.

Published on 12 Feb 2007 by J. Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful piece of kit !, 20 May 2007
This review is from: EPSON PictureMate 240 Photo Printer (Electronics)
I recently received this printer and was amazed by the quality of the glossy prints. Yes, they really are like actual photographs. I am using it with photos taken on my Sony N2 10mp camera. The speed of the prints are really fast and are less than a minute each. It has a built in lcd viewer that you can use to preview the photos you want to print but it can take a second or two for it to display the picture clearly. It has the ability to print one, two or 4 photos per 4x6 print paper which is a nice touch. It did have one small niggle though,when it has printed the photo you selected the viewer returns to the first photo all the time which can be annoying (not sure if there is a setting for it but I guess I should read the manual :P)

I have no hesistation in recommending this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, good quality., 23 Jan 2007
This review is from: EPSON PictureMate 240 Photo Printer (Electronics)
A fantastic photo printer for the price. Print colour is as good as 'shop' prints. USB connector for PC is not included (I used the one from my scanner) but printing from memory card is just as easy.
<edit> Just an edit in Nov 2007. My prints began to get ghosted lines lines across them. I cleaned the heads, changed the cartridge, got different paper, realigned the print etc etc and the lines remained.
Eventually I solved the problem. Not sure if this is common knowledge but the lines seemed to be caused by having the printer on the carpet. Moving the printer onto a hard surface and the lines no longer occurred.

3.0 out of 5 stars How long should the ink cartidgel ast?, 12 Feb 2007
J. Cole (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EPSON PictureMate 240 Photo Printer (Electronics)

My only beef is the availability of ink cartidges. The one supplied with the 240 is warning "replace me" after LESS THAN 20 prints - which I put down to it being the first one as I know ink is lost in primary charging.

We have 100s of 6x4 sheets of photo paper, but can you buy the cartidge WITHOUT paper? NO, which is the usual Epson fiddle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 26 Oct 2007
D. Hopgood (South West France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EPSON PictureMate 240 Photo Printer (Electronics)
After just FIVE copies, the first THREE of which were hopeless, we were told that the cartridge needed to be replaced. We tried to clean the heads as suggested by the Epson helpline but this made no difference. The general attitude of the Epson helpline was complaisant. We are very unhappy and hope that the new cartridge we have ordered will produce the 150 prints we are promised.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lottie plop, 28 July 2007
C. Eccles "Choccylot" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EPSON PictureMate 240 Photo Printer (Electronics)
Disappointed it didn't have a cable to connect to PC and picture pack is quite limited, but quality amazing, easy to use if you have memory card, easy to print, nice size, a bit like a small bucket so easy to move around

1.0 out of 5 stars Ink cartridges last for 15 photos each, 1 Mar 2008
This review is from: EPSON PictureMate 240 Photo Printer (Electronics)
That's your lot. 15 photos per cartridge. Constantly replacing it (not easy to buy either) and being ripped off. Also, Epson printers are generally slow and noisy and this one's no different (wasn't me that bought this one!). It looks neat and tidy but that's its only virtue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Andy Vincent - See all my reviews
highly recommend

2.0 out of 5 stars good for a while, 3 Jan 2011
Dorothy Connor (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EPSON PictureMate 240 Photo Printer (Electronics)
A belated review - I don't think this photo printer is sold now. What's worse, I bought it only a couple of years ago, and already it's considered obsolescent I think because it is very hard to find the ink cartridges it needs. It doesn't make me want to buy the current Epson PictureMate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Picturemate 240, 12 May 2009
Michael J. Bromley (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EPSON PictureMate 240 Photo Printer (Electronics)
First class,easy to use 6x4" film printer.Uses quite a lot of ink if used for small print runs, when switched on and off due to ink re-charging process. All in all a first rate product.

EPSON PictureMate 240 Photo Printer