Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 4 September 2005
First of all, a message to 'gator_macready'. Theres no need to tell the whole story of the film for those who havnt watched it.
I'm from Nigeria and this movie really made me feel at home as it touched the tribal problems. I nearly cried at the end. Its a film to get especially if you come from Nigeria.
on 5 April 2016
One of the best Bruce Willis' film in my opinion.
on 12 August 2014
Dark & gritty movie. Bruce Willis in great form.
on 4 January 2007
I saw this movie in 2005 when it first aired on C5. Due to a very argumentative ex of the time, I only saw about 10 minutes of it up to where the choppers take off with Bruce and team onboard. My point is,however,that in such an incredibly short space of time this movie had already tugged at the heartstrings from that little bit i saw.

As such, a few weeks later, I bought it on dvd and was moved,touched and disgusted all in one with the barbarity and human sacrifice made in this truly remarkable movie.

I work for an asylum seekers psychological therapy team and much of the occurances in this movie are pretty close to what i have heard first hand and from the same North Africa region where the phrase "ethnic cleansing" should bring a chill to any compassionate soul's heart.

I dont really want to say anymore about this movie as I fear anything I write will do it a great disservice. So I will simply say that if you have it in your mind that this is a real "gung ho U.S flagwaver" flick then you could not be more mistaken. Maybe toward the end it does get a bit pro-US but if you overlook that then i defy anyone not to be moved by what is quite simply a film of powerful acting,solid characters,great tension and heartwrenching brutality.

Just for the record, I watched the original dvd version so i have no idea what the extra content,if any,will be in the new special edition. But who cares, buy this now. You wont regret it.
on 7 December 2015
Everything was absolutely fine. Thanks a lot
on 10 April 2016
Exciting, thought provoking, involving.
on 24 March 2016
good action adventure would recommend.
on 30 August 2014
VERY GOOD ACTIONEER FROM BRUCE WILLIS.
on 30 April 2016
Usual BW type of film. Formulaic.
on 10 September 2015
great action very graphic images