5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth considering
Published on 1 April 2007 by JA Foxton

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for lower-spec PCs
I bought this for a 1 GHz Celeron machine using 256 MB of memory that had previously been running Kaspersky 6 with no problems. On installing the BitDefender however it was clear that the system was now running slower, with a noticeable 'satellite delay'.

Published on 10 Sept. 2007 by P. Paintin

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth considering, 1 April 2007
JA Foxton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BitDefender Anti-virus Plus version 10 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Having used EZ anti-virus software courtesy of CA for the past year - which was available free as a download from the Microsoft website - it came to the point where I had to pay for my software once again. Although I was broadly happy with the free software it did have some minor niggles which were quite acceptable in free software but which would have been an annoyance if I was paying.

Time to do a bit of research and find out what was available. The review which I stumbled across had BitDefender as the first choice followed by Kaspersky. Having used some of the big names in the past, I didn't really want to return to McAfee or Norton. I have always felt inclined to try Kaspersky but it was more expensive and, at precisely the time I was doing my investigations, there was a report about a vulnerability in it - so it became a bit of a no-brainer.

When the software arrived I was surprised to find that it included two years of updates and was usable on two computers. This made it seem very good value.

The installation of Bit Defender went very smoothly. Initial impressions when it was up and running were that it possibly isn't the slickest in terms of appearance but it is highly functional. For those who like to tweak settings to their own requirements there is plenty of scope to do this. In addition it doesn't seem to slow things down as much as some of the big name brands seem to manage to do.

My one criticism is that there is a problem with scheduling scans. The scheduled time has a habit of re-setting itself an hour earlier than intended and continues to reset itself in this way. On e-mailing customer support I was told that they were aware of this problem - so hopefully it will get fixed at some point.

Nothing seems to polarize opinions quite as much as anti-virus software. For those who have problems with it, it can become the bane of their lives. With Bit Defender - so far so good. Since it includes not only anti-virus but also anti-spam, firewall and anti-spyware this software is great value and comes highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Norton Internet Security, 25 Aug. 2007
This review is from: BitDefender Anti-virus Plus version 10 (PC) (CD-ROM)
I purchased Bitdefender Anti-virus Plus V10 with some caution, after using the Symantec product for many years. It's Faster, it doesn't take up so much space, and when scanning doesn't radically slow down my PC. Plus I can use it on two PCs for 2(yes Two) years for 20-30% less than the Symantec product! So far it has caused no problems with my PC, and while I use Spybot And Spyware Blaster as well, I have as yet found no breaches of security. The Windows Firewall is also left running, unlike the symantec product, which disables this function.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for lower-spec PCs, 10 Sept. 2007
P. Paintin (GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BitDefender Anti-virus Plus version 10 (PC) (CD-ROM)

Despite fiddling with settings and attempting to pare-down the software burden the problems persisted. On uninstalling BitDefender, the problem disappeared. I wasn't permitted to return the product, so despite appearing cheaper than some competing products, the price was money wasted.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish Company, 9 Nov. 2010
This review is from: BitDefender Anti-virus Plus version 10 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Bit Defender Anti Virus Software.
Do not bother with this company. Purchased a Download which did not work and they do not answer emails at all. So I am left with something that does not work and unable to obtain a refund.

BitDefender Anti-virus Plus version 10 (PC)
BitDefender Anti-virus Plus version 10 (PC) by Bit Defender (Windows 2000 / 98 / XP)
Out of stock