‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 14 May 2010
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Master Class Cast Iron Enamelled Cream Fondue Set (Kitchen & Home)
This looks as good as the photo suggests it will! The enamel quality is excellent, lovely even, soft cream colour. It certainly does not look out of place alongside my cream Le Creuset kitchenware!
The pot is a nice heavy cast iron pot that heats evenly and retains the heat very well. The stand did seem a little flimsy on first inspection, but is adequate and stable enough not to be of concern. It coped well enough without threat of tipping at all with my children all eagerly dipping in! The size of the pot is excellent. It holds more than enough fondue to feed a hungry group of 6 adults as a main course cheese fondue.

While I usually try to purchase top quality kitchen equipment names rather than cheaper "false economy" items that could need replacing faster, I bought this thinking I would not be using it frequently and so worth a risk buying something a little "cheaper". I was delighted to find such a well made, attractive set of decent quality for a fraction of the cost of the kind of brands I would usually consider first. There is nothing "cheap" about this and has also had more use that I expected too. It is popular with my children and so much easier to clean than anticipated. The heavy base spreads heat well and stops the fondue burning. I would certainly consider Kitchen Craft products in the future.

One note of caution - it does not come with any fondue gel packs or fuel. While we have used the meths method as a standby while locating gel packs, I recommend you purchase the gel. Not only seems a little safer to use, the meths can smell a little.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fondues, 11 April 2009
Mrs. H. E. Gray "Liz Gray" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I searched high and low in the shops for a fondue set and found none! Fortunately Amazon came to the rescue with an amazing selection of them. The one I chose was an excellent choice - looks good, works well and can be used for many types of fondue. Fondues are an excellent and different way of socializing and this set is thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this fondue set!, 10 Jan. 2010
Very stylish in the cream colour, the Kitchen Craft Cast Iron Enamelled Fondue Gift Set was a lot of fun and easy to use. We use this to make cheese and chocolate fondues, works well for both. It's nice and sturdy, works on the hob if you're in a rush, the flame is adjustable, and the addition of the base to protect your table surfaces is a nice touch. It is very heavy though, and we don't usually end up using the lid with large groups of people as it limits the number of people that can dip in at the same time. But all in all, does the job well. Delivery was in good time as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fondue rocks!, 15 Sept. 2011
This is the second set I have bought.
The first one was for us, this one was for a house warming gift.
Fondue is brilliant for parties, as its great for getting people together.
This set is great for meat fondue, fill the pot with oil and herbs. Put it on the hob to heat up, then bring it to the table. Serve with a big plate of steak and away you go!
There are plenty of recipes out there, for chocolate, cheese or meat fondue.

It makes the perfect house warming gift, at a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, 10 Nov. 2011
This is a great, quite heavy gauge fondue set. The pot itself is large enough for a big batch of fondue, just remember to keep stirring it so it doesn't burn on the bottom.

We've had a couple of evenings with friends and family, and this has really held up well - cheaper ones are too flimsy, and easy to knock over. We used gel cartridges with this, hoping they'd be safer than liquid fuel, and thankfully no mishaps.

However, the fuel holder was really tricky to get into - so bear that in mind if you're not very dexterous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fondue beginners, 31 Dec. 2010
Having found a very tasty recipe, that looked excellent for Christmas entertaining, I was at a loss to know where to get hold of a reasonably priced fondue set at short notice. Having seen plenty of sets online that were more than double the price I settled on this one as it looked neat, sturdy and the reviews of it were good! It really is an excellent kitchenware addition. As a beginner to this style of cooking I found the instructions quite clear, the set is easy to use and easy to clean too.

The only slight quibble I had is with the forks. I think I was just unlucky with this, but, I'd advise others to check the forks carefully once out of the packaging. I found very tiny rust discolourations on the prongs of two, however with some careful cleaning this was removed. As the rest of the set was completely satisfactory I didn't bother to return it - so this is just a small note. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the set to anyone who wanted to try fondue for the first time, I'm definitely a fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fondue Set, 19 Mar. 2010
N. Aldwinckle - See all my reviews
Excellent product very good value for money, would highly recommend to anyone looking to buy a Fondue set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish fondue, 7 April 2010
I bought the cream coloured cast iron fondue. Looks very nice and does what it is supposed to do. Cheese fondue is better with the lid off. Oil and stock fondue better with the lid on. Stylish and well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent finish, lovely quality feel, 22 Dec. 2014
The cast iron is heavy and smooth, with a nice finish. I love the quality feel to this. I don't use it with the fancy lid, as it restricts access to the contents. I also didn't use the burner as I didn't have any of my own fuel (it doesn't come with any), but instead used it with 3 tealights underneath (to get it started) and eventually left it with just 1.

Lovely set, great for dinner parties - both for savoury or sweet fondues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fondoo it!, 16 Oct. 2013
When you want Fondue - there's really no other way to do it than with a proper fondue set. I looked at the one made by a well-known French manufacturer of cast iron cookware, but considering that this is for fondue (rather than day-to-day, everyday cooking) I saw absolutely no reason to spend way over three times the price for that one.
This one is nicely finished, reasonably priced and will probably outlast me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›