4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun... get a sense of humour!
I feel I need to write a positive review looking at the list of abuse this has been subjected to!

I can't understand how so many people hated this film. Yeah, it's daft, but come on, how many action films don't have a credibility stretching premise? (Face Off, The Rock, Gone in 60 Seconds, all of the Mission Impossible films etc).

I sat and watched...
Published on 21 Mar 2007 by Mr. W. J. Robbins

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed
Published on 25 Oct 2007 by Charles Gosling

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun... get a sense of humour!, 21 Mar 2007
This review is from: Crank [DVD] (DVD)

I sat and watched this with my partner last night and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. It pretty much runs in real time, and doesn't let up from start to finish. Jason Statham does exactly what you want (and expect) of him, with his perpetual scowl and well delivered one liners. There was a nice thread of humour throughout, and some fun characters (the dead-pan doctor was a nice touch).

Lighten up people, and get a sense of humour.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great at doing what it's meant to do..., 30 Jun 2007
CR78 (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crank [DVD] (DVD)
It always amuses me when people go see a movie and comment on it not being something that it never intended to be. If you want believable storylines and actions, character development and seriousness then you'd never come and watch this movie to begin with.

Crank is an all out actionfest film, a thrillride from beginning to end. Yes there's unrealistic events, yes there's moments that are downright amusing, but it does what it says on the tin. We're not talking The Shawshank Redemption here people.

Statham plays his typical Lock Stock/Transporter style which fits this film perfectly. Basically it's action at 200mph from beginning to end with some fantastic camerawork and some great moments which you can't help but enjoy. Sure there are some scenes (especially coming towards the end but I won't leave any spoilers) that look a bit dodgy, but I think we can forgive that for this type of film.

Personally I loved it. If you want an all out action packed film full of stunts, women and a few laughs then you can't go wrong with this. If you want character driven thoughtfulness then look elsewhere. All I can say is, send the mrs out, get the mates round, crack open a few beers, whack this on and prepare to be entertained.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 25 Oct 2007
This review is from: Crank [DVD] (DVD)
I normally enjoy action films, recognising that they are generally full of stunts which in reality would leave the actors dead or crippled. Crank really takes the biscuit though, it is frankly ridiculous, as well as disjointed and totally lacking in any sublety or cleverness. There is a lot of action but in my oppinion this is not enough to save a mess of a film. I'm frankly amazed that the actors were persuaded to appear in this film - the public sex scene is particularly cringeworthy. Sorry not one I would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite Statham film, 21 Jan 2014
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Crank [DVD] (DVD)
Chev Chelios (Statham) has been injected with a poison that will kill him if his adrenalin levels in his blood drop. So he has to start out on a quest to find the anti-dote whilst at the same time scaring the bejesus out of himself in order to maintain his adrenalin level.

It is a non-stop roller coaster ride that leaves you feeling a bit exhausted after a while and you begin to look forward to a break from it.

If you are a Statham fan you will enjoy it, I thought it was OK, but I don't personally rate it as his best. This does score quite high in the Internet Movie Database (7.0) and so I am very much in a minority

1.0 out of 5 stars did not say it would not play in uk, 29 Mar 2013
would not play on my region thought blu- ray played on all blu ray players make sure it play over here before buying

4.0 out of 5 stars the most entertaining film of 2006, 20 May 2007
This review is from: Crank [DVD] (DVD)
Crank may not be the most intelligent or cohesive film of all time but for sheer entertainment value its up there with the best. I read a review here which said this wasn't as good as the transporter series??!!!!..are you crazy!! this was way way better than the very poor transporter 2 at least..this film also is so so funny,me and my mate were in hysterics all the way through and before you say was it intentional..the answer is yes.Staham plays his usual cockney character and does a good job throughout..the running time is only about 80 mins or so but its not too short as any longer and it wouldve run out of steam,the pacing is spot on.

Please get this movie..you'll have a great time!!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 20 Mar 2007
This review is from: Crank [DVD] (DVD)
All these other reviews seem to take this movie too seriously. It's full-on action from start to finish, and very funny... it's just got it's tongue firmly planted in cheek... hilarious and brilliant.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Furious, 6 Jan 2007
T. Cosens (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crank [DVD] (DVD)
So there is no confusion, this is an action film! Thats all. No romance, drama, thriller staples. Just out and out action. Thats why I loved it. If, like me, your getting a bit fed up with every action blockbuster trying to inject a little character development, and forgetting to add the action, then you will really enjoy this.

Jason Statham is top notch, and makes the cheesiest lines sound good! The set pieces are blistering and sometimes brutal. This has got to be one of the fastest paced films I have seen in a long time. Alot of people will moan that it doesnt have any brains! Who cares? Its fun, and simple and doesnt pretend to be anything else. The story is daft and the whole concept is held together by mediocre characters. But if you switch your brain off and sit back and relax, I can guarantee you'll have a good time.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome ride!, 1 Jan 2007
Mark (Newcastle, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crank [DVD] (DVD)
As soon as this film starts, it is fast paced all the ay to the end! Not only is it fast paced, it has alot of action in it from start to finish too! One thing that I wasn't expecting was the comedy side of it, and this actually worked within the film! I missed this at the cinemas so I decided to get it on DVD and I'm glad because it is just so good and even my girlfriend loved it! Jason Statham is just brilliant throughout the film and Amy Smart is very good too despite not really being in the film that long, but this is worth buying!

4.0 out of 5 stars POISON IN HIS VEINS, VENGEANCE IN HIS HEART, 30 April 2007
This review is from: Crank [DVD] (DVD)
Having first seen Jason Statham from Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, I can safely say he has become a sort of tough guy. Most of the movies he has been in (except for Snatch) have been your run of the mill action films.

Thankfully someone learned from these films and came up with Crank. Crank has a very simple plot. Chev Celios is a well known hitman, who wakes up to discover he has been poisoned with a concoction called the Beijing cocktail and it was stop his heart unless he keeps it going by ANY MEANS NECESSARY. The rest of the film is figuring out how to tell his clueless girlfriend. The formula is simple enough but can be difficult in execution. The first time director duo of Mark Neveldine & Brian Taylor do an exceptional job or portraying a stylish non - stop action film.

This is a good action film, not that the film does anything overly original. What it does do it does very well and keeps it going throughout the entire film. The film actually delivers and it delivers everything - car chases, helicopter fights, gun shoot outs, explosions, sex, blood, bad language etc.

I highly recommend this for fans of action films.

Thank you for reading my review.

Crank [DVD]
Crank [DVD] by Mark Neveldine (DVD - 2011)
2.72