5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful addition as well as being functional.
Published 11 months ago by Mimyx

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but rust is an issue
I've had this kettle for just over a month now, and it's been great, pour control is fantastic, however, rust has begun to form on the inside of the kettle which is rather disappointing. I do use the kettle frequently on an electric stove which I assume must has accelerated the issue, but, considering it is advertised as being able to do so, I am dissappointed.
Published 17 months ago by James

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful addition as well as being functional., 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Hario 1.2 Litre 1-Piece Stainless Steel Hario Buono Coffee Drip Kettle, Silver (Kitchen & Home)
This is a great addition to my growing coffee related paraphernalia. It looks very sophisticated and it heats up water fairly quickly considering it's a fully metal body. It pours water very smoothly and helps create even extraction when using it as a pour over kettle. I think that the price was reasonable for the product. It's a renowned company that specialises in this kind of thing and it shows. It's easy to clean, minimal upkeep and is a nice conversation starter if you like to bore your friends with coffee talk, and I really do.

5.0 out of 5 stars For me its perfect, 2 Oct 2014
I'm a little bit of a tea snob :D I drink a lot of high grade Sencha, Gyokuro and Assam out of small clay pots. I was after a replacement to my Kamjove that was bought in China. I needed a precise pour and prefer the taste of water heated without electricity. I bought this to go on my gas hob oven and its perfect. Firstly the fit and finish is superb. The tolerance levels from the lid fit to the spout beak is very high and precise. It heats water quick and provides a laser beam of water without being too slow.....for instance if I just want to make some mugs of tea for people its fast enough not to be annoying.

I also wanted a kettle with no internal plastic....something which is just becoming near impossible these days however this is 100% free from plastic within the kettle. I bought this for just £30 which seems like a bargain.....would happily pay £40+ and will replace with another in a heart beat if necessary.

All in all would highly recommend for anyone looking for a decent kettle for tea and I'd imagine it will be perfect for drip coffee as that's its intended use. For me its perfect!

Thanks Hario!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 10 Dec 2012
This is a very good quality product. Ergonomic - very easy to pour. Water tastes much better than from an electric kettle. Looks brilliant too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but rust is an issue, 2 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Searching for a kettle to make tea with for ages, 2 Oct 2014
I was searching for a kettle to make tea with for ages. Kept on buying kettles online only to find that they had nasty plastics inside in contact with the water or a huge spout. I don't use this pot for coffee I use it for Sencha/Assam poured in to small clay teapots. Its perfect for that. Heated on my gas hob it heats quickly and the pour is like a laser. If anything happened to it I'd buy another in a heart beat! Japanese made and a very fair price (@ £30)

Thanks Hario!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best teapot!, 7 Oct 2013
A great pourer! Wanted it as a teapot and does the job beautifully and with great style. Have bought 3 more as presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars valuable buy, 23 Oct 2014
A really valuable buy and most excellent delivery and shipping, I can fuldt recommend this Hario from Fuji, Japan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 July 2014
Great value and delivered within the timeframe promised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my kettle, 28 Sep 2013
Mr. D. Bruce - See all my reviews
Over priced but it is a designer label. Works great to control flow of water. Use it in conjunction with my Cheney twice daily. Bit pants to heat on the stove... Makes a weird smell. Would advise to get a cosy too. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Oct 2014