Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 17 March 2007
If the blues be the music of the devil, then give me the express lift to hell!

10 Days Out is a recorded road trip that Kenny undertook a couple of years back to re-connect with his blues roots playing alongside his heroes (both famous and otherwise) and is a magnificent piece of work.

Well recorded and well executed, this album of live takes covers the entire spectrum that is blues music; electric and acoustic, folk and rock.

Red Rooster, Spoonful George, Thrill Is Gone, Tears Came Rollin' Down are just a few of the highlights that will have the hairs standing up on the back of your neck - Kenny's delivery really is that good!

And as for the DVD - well, this filmed documentary of performances and conversations with Kenny and his heroes serve only to show just how much fun these guys had putting this whole package together.

Brilliant, nothing less - well, what else would you expect from this man?
on 10 April 2007
I can only second what the previous reviewer had to say about this cd/dvd album - an absolute essential purchase for any blues fan or anyone with an appreciation of great music.

Personally I found the dvd just incredible - an opportunity to see some of the real blues greats in action.

Tremendous and one to treasure!
on 24 April 2007
If you are a lover of the blues then this album must find it's way into your collection. I saw Kenny Wayne play in London back in 1998 and have never seen him since. I only hope that this superb Album and DVD is a huge success so that KWS can be perhaps be enticed back to the UK.
on 22 May 2014
Kenny Wayne Shepard takes a step back and allows blues legends space to show of a diversity of talent. The interviews are as entertaining as the music and the music doesn't disappoint. Cootie Stark's two contributions Prison Blues with Big Daddy Pattman and U Haul are the two stand out tracks for me, both injecting infectious glee in the playing and presentation. Tina Marie is rocked out by Bryan Lee with KWS stepping in for a blistering guitar solo only for Lee to step it up a notch when he steps forward.

Some blues classics are also here Spoonful, Thrill is gone and Red Rooster but there is no thrill bigger than hearing a classic blues song for the first time and this album is liberally sprinkled with gems like Grindin' Man by Pine Top Perkins, a charming Knoxville Rag by Etta Baker and Chapel Hill Boogie by John Dee Holeman.

All this and an excellent documentary DVD which has a recipe for beer chicken. What more could you want.
on 23 September 2011
This album is the epitome of good, old-style blues, given extra gravitas by the unrivalled electric guitar playing of Kenny Wayne-Shepherd. For those who may not have heard of KWS, I can recommend every album he has done to date. As though this particular CD itself weren't sufficient, it comes with the added bonus of a DVD, which includes footage of Kenny playing with B.B. King, the Howlin' Wolf Band, Etta Baker, Bryan Lee, Buddy Flett, Pinetop Perkins and the Muddy Waters' Band and others. Give it a try before it becomes too rare.
on 12 December 2007
I hadnt until recently heard of Kenny Wayne Sheppard, but I am pleased to have found him.
This CD and DVD is one of the best tributes to the great Blues Artists of our time. If you dont buy any other Blues CD this year make sure you DO BUY THIS ONE. Fantastic.
on 8 October 2013
An album of great quality throughout featuring a stellar line-up of guest musicians.The accompanying DVD would sit proudly alongside Martin Scorsese's epic tribute, " The Blues. A Musical Journey".
on 31 March 2011
This album demonstrates the significant talent of this blues guitarist. His ability to adapt to the various blues guitar styles is masterful and the DVD serves to give a visual and entertaining enhancement to this incredible journey.This is a blues lovers must have.
on 17 January 2011
The CD is all right, even great, but I can't stand this DVD. Kenny comes out as totally PHONY on this, playing with the grand old men, who can't play so well anymore due to old age, while he is the wiz kid with the suitably weathered Strat. Meant as a tribute I guess, but comes out to me as patronizing ("these guys won't live forever, and then there are guys like me left", says K: made me cringe - come on man, be modest, Henry Gray or Gatemouth Brown will remain in history but who will remember you?). I really like Kenny as long as he remains in his spot, i.e. just a quick finger skilled imitator - but I think this DVD where he tries to claim some legitimity is a huge mistake. Made me sick. And the cherry on the cake: "the blues can only be plaid by Americans" (or something like that he says in the beginning). Point taken, maybe the real blues comes from deep sadness and hardship, but has Kenny picked up cotton with bleeding fingers? come on! ever heard of Clapton, Gallagher, and others of his own age like Matt Schofield ? Don't get me wrong, I really like Kenny's music and respect his skills but I cannot accept some stuff he says and does on this DVD.
on 4 July 2010
Just heard Kenny Wayne Shepherd a month ago, this is the third of his discs that I have bought. Why have I never heard of him as this album is excellent?All the others which I have heard are great too!! Brilliant!