Colour Name: Yellow|Number of Items: 2|Change

TOP 50 REVIEWERon 16 August 2013
Every person, car, truck, vehicle and keyring should be sporting one of these bad boys. For around £10, you can save your own life, and those of your loved ones multiple times over.

It lives on my car keys and never gets in the way. It consists of, and splits into, two segments. The main ResQme tool, and the blade guard. The blade guard is the thin black part (easily seen in the pictures of the brighter coloured tools) that you attach to your keyring.

To use, simply grab the ResQme tool and pull. The blade guard will remain attached to the keyring, allowing the blade to be used. It is designed to cut seatbelts in a safe manner. I physically can't cut my finger with it, the gap is too small. It is very sharp. I have used it to cut paper and envelopes etc, and I imagine in an emergency it could be used to cut clothing.

The other main feature is the window breaker. Push it against one of your cars side windows with very little force, and the spike will spring out and smash it. The spike is self retracting, and can be used multiple times. There are many videos online of it being used successfully on car windows.

Compared to many of its rivals, it's smaller, it's cheaper, it's better looking and it comes in different colours! It also makes a great gift for friends and family who drive, trust me.

Bottom line, if you don't yet own a safety tool for your car, get one. I would strongly recommend this one. But seriously, irrelevant of which one you get, just get one, they save lives.

If lost/damaged would I repurchase product? Yes, definitely

PROS:
✓ Cheap
✓ Small size (put on car keys and forget about)
✓ Solid design and materials
✓ Cuts seat belts
✓ Smashes windows
✓ Saves lives

CONS:
✗ None
on 9 July 2013
As a UK FireFighter, on our fire appliance's we have various tools to use during an RTC (road traffic collision), however sometimes the first initial access of the vehicle is time critical.
Due to our own road procedures, the fire appliance has to fend off at incidents, this can mean that the piece of equipment you require can be a distance from the vehicle involved in the collision, I have found that having the small yet powerful res-q-me device in your tunic is not only a time saver but a possible casualty saver too, being able to access the vehicle using the spring loaded glass breaker and then with one movement cut through a seatbelt really can save time and lives, and all for just £10 each, I have recommended these units to my work colleagues and they also have them now, if this device can save just one casualty's life in a time critical RTC then how can you not justify the £10, thanks amazon for making this item so readily available, a low cost product which really can save lives!!!!
11 comment|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 April 2014
Good standard of injection moulding with no sharp edges - except the blade.

I've tried the seatbelt cutter and window breaker out on a scrap car and both are effortless.
on 25 March 2016
This item can quite literally save your life or the life of a loved one/member of the public.
This tool sits quietly on your key ring providing you with reassurance that when you need it it will be there waiting for you.

The tool detaches from its key ring holder with a slight pull. This removes the blade guard from the body of the tool and then you are free to use the seat-belt cutter or the window punch. My advice is that you keep this in the car or on your keys within arms reach of sitting bolt upright. I say this because seat-belts lock in position in a violent crash so you may be strapped to the seat and not able to lean forwards.

The blade is exceptionally sharp but you are unable to cut yourself with it because of thr design. It slices through seat-belt webbing like a hot knife through butter, it will save your life.
The window punch is used by pushing the black round end against a corner of the window and pushing. The black part is spring loaded and retracts as you push it. The powerful spring inside throws a sharp metal punch at the glass smashing it instantly. The punch reloads and can be used time and time again.

I have used mine twice. Once to rescue an elderly person from a crashed car who was locked in and disoriented and the second time to get into a window that was laminated. This took 3 tries with the punch because of the internal tinting lamination. 3rd time was a charm and the window gave way. This again will save your life in the event you need to get in or out of a vehicle.

I cannot underestimate their value. Have one in the car within reach of the driver for that unpredictable event that might just call for it to be used.
on 4 March 2016
What a great piece of kit.
I love this thing.
I bought it for my mum to keep on her car keys, so that in the event of her driving into a lake or river (or any large body over water over 5ft deep) she can easily break the window, cut her seatbelt for the sake of it, and swim to safety.
It's as robust as a rock, and has taken everyday bashings with ease.
I have tested the window breaking feature (much to the noisy protest of my brother), and can confirm, it breaks a passenger window.
Also hurts ALOT when you press the button down with your finger.

But seriously, you would never accidentally fire this thing if that is a concern to anyone. It requires a fair amount of force - that any standard human has the ability to apply.

Sits great on the keys and is just a nice piece of mind.

Definitely getting one for myself if I ever find a car to go with it.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 16 August 2013

The other main feature is the window breaker. Push it against one of your cars side windows and the spike will spring out and smash it. The spike is self retracting, so can be used multiple times. I can personally attest to it being effective at breaking not only car windows, but I've also heard of someone using it on a normal house window successfully.

Compared to many of it's rivals, it's smaller, it's cheaper, it's better looking and it comes in different colours! It also makes a great gift for friends and family who drive, trust me.

If lost/damaged would I repurchase product? Yes, definitely

PROS:
+ Cheap
+ Small size (put on car keys and forget about)
+ Solid design and materials
+ Cuts seat belts
+ Smashes windows
+ Saves lives

CONS:
- None
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 6 February 2013

To use, simply grab the ResQme tool and pull. The blade guard will remain attached to the keyring, allowing the blade to be used. It is designed to cut seatbelts in a safe manner. I physically can’t cut my finger with it, the gap is too small. It is very sharp. I have used it to cut paper and envelopes etc, and I imagine in an emergency it could be used to cut clothing.

Compared to many of its rivals, it’s smaller, it’s cheaper, it’s better looking and it comes in different colours! It also makes a great gift for friends and family who drive, trust me.

Bottom line, if you don’t yet own a safety tool for your car, get one. I would strongly recommend this one. But seriously, irrelevant of which one you get, just get one, they save lives.

If lost/damaged would I repurchase product? Yes, definitely

PROS:
✓ Cheap
✓ Small size (put on car keys and forget about)
✓ Solid design and materials
✓ Cuts seat belts
✓ Smashes windows
✓ Saves lives

CONS:
✗ None
on 6 August 2014
4 stars for design and availablity it will be 5 stars if i actually have to use it for real. The design is a convienant size and does not add excess weight to your bunch of keys. Tried the mechanism on a block of wood and left ~1mm indent in a block of very hard wood. I believe that the the item should work if placed in the corner of the window pane - but not sure how it would work in real life situations, especially if your were stressed and potentially updide down. More useful for the rescuer to use as positioning may be cruical for effective use. DOES NOT WORK ON WINDSCREENS or Laminated windows. The length of the blade is short and well protected: no prospect of accidental injury when placed in the pocket. I am not sure whether the item will be allowed on planes (hand luggage) - current rules state:Small scissors (with blades no longer than 6cm) are allowed. depends on whether sesecurity woudl class the item as a knife (not allowed any size) or a scissor blade.Will form part of my gnernerla emergency kit which i hope I will never have to use but added piece of mind - if i ever have to personnaly have to help anyone out of car when the door does not work.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 16 August 2013
Every person, car, truck, vehicle and keyring should be sporting one of these bad boys. For a small price, you can save your own life, and those of your loved ones multiple times over.

If lost/damaged would I repurchase product? Yes, definitely

PROS:
+ Cheap
+ Small size (put on car keys and forget about)
+ Solid design and materials
+ Cuts seat belts
+ Smashes windows
+ Saves lives

CONS:
- None
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
on 18 September 2015
A poor comparison but this little device has to be like having a spare wheel/tyre. You carry it around and hope it will never have to be used. I have this on my car ignition key ring. Hard luck if you have keyless entry and start you'll need to find somewhere close to hand to secure it.
I wonder how many Darwin award candidates have checked to see if it works on their own car windows!?
I checked the operation on a piece of softwood and it certainly springs out with a fair force makes a nice little dent in that. I don't doubt it's capabilities in disintegrating a car side window.
I am so impressed with this little item that I bought two more for each of my daughters. Not only could it save your own and your passengers' lives it could also do similar for persons trapped in another vehicle.
A good quality thing and has to be recommended.