5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for the iPod
I have been struggling with the iPod supplied earbuds for quite some time, they truly are awful. I switched to a Phillips set which sounded good but broke within 3 weeks. After searching Amazon and various places for reviews on the net Sennheiser came out as the best again and again, so I went for it. Glad I did, they are great. Brilliant sound, very comfortable with a...
Published on 26 April 2007 by K. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for Classical Music
I was really hoping that these headphones would be an improvement on my iPod's standard pair, but I was really disappointed to find that I simply couldn't use them to listen to most of my music as I am a classical music listener. I tried a number of different styles of classical music from solo voices and chamber music up to orchestral music and found the sound distorted...
Published on 13 Jun 2007 by T. Salisbury

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure they are genuine, 5 Feb 2008
Bob (Onchan, Isle of Man United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White) (Electronics)
I bought the black version previously, through the Amazon site but not from them. I posted a review that the sound was of very poor quality, but later found that they were fakes. I recently bought a pair of 'genuine' ones and there is a massive difference. I find these excellent. Its worth paying a bit more to buy from Amazon themselves be sure of what you are getting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea - poorly executed, 24 Jan 2008
D. Howells (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White) (Electronics)
These headphones are good at cutting out external noise such as the train you are on. This means you can have the volume down lower so you don't ruin your hearing and also not annoy everyone around you (unlike apples new earbuds). They fit well in the ear once you get used to the sensation. The trouble starts when you have to walk around in the open because the cable rubs on your clothes and sends the noise straight into your ears which completely spoils anything you are listening to. This is down to the material they have used which is rubbery and sticky. Also, if there is the slightest breeze, it seems to howl round the headphones again making it pointless listening to anything. There isn't much high end range to the speakers themselves and everything gets swamped by the soggy bass so all in all fairly disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 Jun 2007
This review is from: Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White) (Electronics)
There isn't a lot more positivity to add to these amazing headphones than what has already been written by previous reviewers. I listen to music each day on my journey to work and these headphones carry me into a world of my own. I really like them and quite often I've thought about buying a second set ... just in case ...

The only thing I can contribute is to inform users who have been disappointed with these on how I would advise them to wear the headphones. Long lead up to the right earphone goes round the back of the neck and this has already been mentioned. However, if you also rest each headphone lead over the ear (where the arms of sunglasses or spectacles would go) before inserting each one upside down into the ear socket you will cut out the microphonics (the sound of the wires touching against your face) resulting in a quality sound.

Hope this helps. If not, you've probably been sold fakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth about these headphones!, 1 May 2008
Daniel LINGER "crunchyfrog555" (Spalding, Lincs, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White) (Electronics)
Bearing in mind the chalk and cheese reviews on here, I thought I'd make some attempt to set the record staright, rather than confuse the issue more.

Firstly, my tastes: all styles of music, predominantly rock and indie. My home stereo is a Primare I30 amp, Primare CD31 with Monitor Audio GS20 loudspeakers - I don't tell you this to boast, just to make you realise that I have good ears!

Normally, for most private listening I use Grado SR60s, which are fantastic, but they do leak noise like buggery. Needing something that doesn't do this, I looked at these Sennheisers.

Now I've got them, they are excellent. As I'm of fairly small build (5'7"), my ideal rubber pads would be somewhere between the large and the medium ones supplied, but the large ones do the job fine. Follow the instructions on how to put them in your ears, and adjust until you've find a good seal ... enjoy.

Sound is clear, and spacious (in typical Sennheiser fashion), some users may find them a little harsh at high volumes, but at these volumes, you're only doing damage to your ears anyhow, so it's a bit of a moot point.

So, to those who claim the sound is rubbish (weak bass, tinny sound), all I can say is you either cannot follow simple usage instructions or your hearing needs medical attention (you'd be surprised how many are the latter).

Also, at the RRP of some £30-40 they would have been a good buy, but at a fiver - amazing value for money!

Anyhow, don't just take my word for this. What HiFi rate these headphones as "spot-on ear-canal design that deliver a highly detailed performance", and give them 5/5. What HiFi have never let me astray, so...

So, who are you going to believe? Me and the professionals, or gits of dubious intelligence and/or hearing?

QED.

4.0 out of 5 stars great buy for an ipod, 19 Aug 2007
A. Joorik - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White) (Electronics)
when i got my ipod last christmas, i was really excited. yeah - the opportunity to save music and video clips to ipod was nice. however, listening music wasnt so neat anymore. the standard ipod headphones were just so unconformable and rigid to my ears, also they would occasionally fell out. then i decided to get some better ones.
i looked really hard and considered aome philips ear canal headphones until i saw sennheiser cx300s. needles to say, i fell completely in love with them. gosh they looked so tasty and modest all at the same time.
cx300s would also fit very well to my ears and the quality of music they produced was just overwhelming (especially compared to the standard ipod hearphones). the asymmetric cord took some time of getting used to but it turned out to be a quite smart solution.
i have used them now for seven months and there have been some drawbacks. first, if i place cx300s in my rucksack together with ipod when going somewhere, i often discover that the rubber buds have fallen off from the speakers. secondly, one day one of the speakers snapped into two pieces - it turns out that cx300s are somewhat fragile. luckily i was able to repair the speaker with super glue.

to summarize, i really recommend this product. and also suggest that all headphones supplied with ipods should be replaced with cx300s!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Earphones, 3 Jan 2008
This review is from: Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White) (Electronics)
I only read the Amazon reviews after ordering my CX-300s off eBay, and was understandably anxious when I came across the 1- and 2-star ratings, and thought I may have had a mistake. I found, however, that these Sennheisers were pretty decent in doing what they're designed to do - after all, they're earphones, and not exactly the most expensive ones, so absolute clarity will of course never be guaranteed.

The CX-300s handle most music well, and bass is warm and rich if not exactly very punchy. Complex rock songs get somewhat muddled but, again, they're reasonably-priced earphones.

I think these are quite decent-quality earphones, though I got them for £9.99 off eBay (they're priced £19.99 on Amazon at the time of writing), so for my price they're fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones but Beware of Fakes, 4 Jun 2007
Nick C (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White) (Electronics)
I bought a set of these from the marketplace and received fakes. They looked pretty good but had horrible sound quality. A good guide revealed how to spot clones and I took them to a store to make a direct contrast and borrowed another pair from a friend for sound-test comparisons; it became pretty obvious the marketplace version wasn't real and I asked for (and received) a full refund.

I have now bought my own replacements direct from Amazon and am very happy with the headphones. The sound quality is excellent. Any potential buyers should be careful; the fakes are doing harm to the CX300's reputation (and Amazon's - they should really clamp down on the fake-dealers).

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked, 9 Sep 2007
Matthew Colthart "Fatboy" (london uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White) (Electronics)
I bought these headphones after trying a lot of others which just kept breaking. My mum bought a different pair of sennheisers for my dad at christmas from apple which cost twice the amount for these and lets just say that after him using my cx300's he's thrown them away and bought a pair of these for himself.

These headphones are great if you commute or listen to your ipod in noisy environments as they completely block outdoor noise which also saves your ears as it means you don't have to play the music so loud to hear it. My parents hate these headphones as I can't hear a word they say when I'm listening to them...its great!! lol!!!

I'm also a professional singer and recently went to a festival and got talking to the singers who were using in ear monitors. After talking to them I found out that they were in fact using these headphones and paid upwards of £40 for them...So honestly if you want something that is professional and yet very very affordable these are fantastic (the only warning is that the pads have a tendency of falling off in your pocket so when you find the size that fits maybe glue them on as there aren't any spares in the box)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 14 Jun 2007
R. Grant (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White) (Electronics)
My ears are generally not well-designed for receiving earphones, and usually I find trying to combine the two either frustrating or painful. I bought the CX300s almost on a whim to replace the sub-standard ones that shipped with my iPod, and have been extremely pleased so far.

They stay in (even while jogging), they isolate sound well, and sound reproduction is good (although I've not tried anything with a massive dynamic/tonal range). My one slight bugbear is I can sometimes hear a "seashell" effect of my own ear rushing around inside my left ear a bit, but I'll work on that. Overall, a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars If only these came as standard with purchase of i-pod, 16 Feb 2007
This review is from: Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White) (Electronics)
These ear-phones are OUTSTANDING. The sound quality is brilliant, bass is delivered without distortion and the treble is crisp and sharp. The standard earphones you get with the purchase of any i-pod are probably the worst i have ever experienced, they are uncomfortable and the sound quality is awful, they cannot even handle the slightest amount of bass. Purchasing these Sennheiser ear-phones has breathed a new lease of life into my i-pod, its as if i have never heard any of my favourite tunes before, such is the advance in sound quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White)
Out of stock