5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great - but get the latest!
Make sure you buy the latest version from about 2010 onwards.
The early versions of Eneloops have had some bad press, but the latest versions outperform anything I've tried.

Published on 6 Feb. 2011 by D. J. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch what you're buying!
It's generally agreed that Sanyo's Eneloops are the best NiMH batteries available, especially for digital cameras. But beware - these are not the best Eneloops! The type number is given as HR-3UTG, which Sanyo have since replaced by the HR-3UTGA with lower rates of self-discharge. People paying this much for batteries are surely looking for the best?
Published on 19 Aug. 2010 by John Tamar

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great - but get the latest!, 6 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Sanyo Eneloop AA 4 Pack Batteries 1900mAh (Accessory)
Make sure you buy the latest version from about 2010 onwards.

I'm an electronics engineer and very anal about batteries. I've tried and tested at least fifty different brands and capacities of NiMH in the last ten years. I've tried thousands of other types since my parents bought me my first science kit. I've even got a collection of ex-military NiCds from the eighties which still work fine.

You may think that your fancy brand name 2800 mAh AA NiMH are good, but some of the modern cameras will not give them the time of day. Although they may deliver 2.8 A for an hour, their terminal voltage drops quickly and they can have quite a high internal resistance. I've found that in some cases, the amount of starting current can be inversely proportional to overall capacity in these batteries. So, the 1000 mAh cells from the pound shop can often deliver more initial current than the 2800 mAh top brand cells. Some new cameras demand a high initial starting current that even branded batteries lose after only a couple of on/off cycles. Also, I'm always dissapointed that even good quality NiMH batteries can lose charge within a couple of weeks.

NiCd batteries, despite being very environmentally unfriendly, were always much better at keeping charge, terminal voltage and delivering a high current on demand. However, these new Eneloop batteries have at last turned the tide. They work straight from the pack, take months to discharge, keep their terminal voltage and despite lower capacity figures (2000 mAh), I reckon they easily outperform my 2850 mAh traditional branded NiMH cells.

You'll save money and the environment with these cells, as you'll recharge them less and they'll effectively last longer as a result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eneloop batteries are brilliant, 3 Jun. 2008
derekm (Sheffield UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanyo Eneloop AA 4 Pack Batteries 1900mAh (Accessory)
These are the answer for digital cameras - and in fact anywhere you want a long life, high capacity battery. They hold their charge, sustain their performance and recharge quickly - we use several sets in school cameras which were always running flat (on ordinary NiMh batteries) just when the students needed them, a real pain. The Eneloops last for weeks!!! Our only problem is, we have to check they are still there when the cameras are returned, they are very desirable batteries!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great batteries, do what they are supposed to., 20 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Sanyo Eneloop AA 4 Pack Batteries 1900mAh (Accessory)
I ordered these from amazon recently as they were on sale at half price and I have a few devices around the house that suffer from using normal nimh rechargeable batteries because of the self discharge issue. Anyhow, these came out the packet and were pre-charged and they did what they are supposed to. I've also noticed people saying getting other eneloops out of the packet was tricky due to the plastic, these are packaged just in a normal paper and plastic blister pack and are easy to get out the packet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last Forever, 22 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Sanyo Eneloop AA 4 Pack Batteries 1900mAh (Accessory)
I am using these in my Nintendo Wii and my digital camera. They seem to last twice as long as others I have used. Execellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best by far, 5 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Sanyo Eneloop AA 4 Pack Batteries 1900mAh (Accessory)
Got myself some of these when they first come out having tried many rechargables before and always being disappointed. Often i would go out with my Fuji camera and have to change the batteries half way through a 2gb mem card. Not anymore, I have gone through 2 cards before without charging, weeks apart. Even still the battery indicator was showing full but i didnt trust my camera as I thought it would be impossible these could last so long. They also retain there charge unbelievably well so no longer do I have to charge up batteries before I can use the camera and last long enough that I dont need to carry a spare set (handy when on a night out somewhere). I also have tried Uniross Hybrio and Vapex Instant which are similar products, but eneloops are by far the best. Hybrio's in particular are too wide for some products and dont seem to hold there charge quite as well. If you are thinking of buying rechargeable batteries pay the extra and get these. They last far longer than any 2700mAh batteries I have tried (and these are only 2000mAh!).

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant battery technology!, 8 Jun. 2008
Paul Villa "technophile" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanyo Eneloop AA 4 Pack Batteries 1900mAh (Accessory)
Wish I'd discovered these sooner. One day all rechargeables will be like this. They can be charged and left for months. No more problems with having to remember to put them on charge the night before etc. Great value too.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a devout follower, 5 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Sanyo Eneloop AA 4 Pack Batteries 1900mAh (Accessory)
Having used these for almost a year now, I can testify that the hype isn't overstated. I haven't made any scientific tests or the like, but every use has convinced me.
I put the first set in my camera december 2008, and although I'm not running around taking pictures all the time, I'm using it frequently when I visit my young son. He is 2 yo and loves to play with the camera watching all the pictures on the lcd screen and trying to take pictures on his own. Still the first set lasted about half a year, and when they eventually faded out I put in the replacements, and they had not been charged in the meantime and they still run!! It's unbeliveable, but I do believe :-)
And at the moment you get a pack of 4 for just 6.45. That's a bargain, although I don't know how long that lasts, but I just increased my stock with 48 more and use them for everything.
It is not only Sanyo who makes these kind of low drain Nimh, but I have only used Eneloops so I cannot say how they fare compared to the real competition, but compared to standard Nimh, it's hardly a competition, regardless of their claimed capacity. I simply don't understand why standard Nimh are still being produced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best rechargeable batteries ever used, 1 May 2009
This review is from: Sanyo Eneloop AA 4 Pack Batteries 1900mAh (Accessory)
Read lots of reviews on this product and use in practice has confirmed that they keep their charge far longer than any other rechargeable batteries I have used. Purchased and charged over a month ago and they are still holding their charge. I bought specifically for my Nikon SB 900 flashgun to reduce recycling time. I suggest you track down an eneloop EN60 Fast Travel Charger as this will recharge batteries within 3 hours. Only downside is they do not come with a storage case.

5.0 out of 5 stars They just last...and last!, 9 Nov. 2008
iHugoF "iHugoF" (Lisboa, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanyo Eneloop AA 4 Pack Batteries 1900mAh (Accessory)
What can I say...I'm impressed! Do you the feeling of going for your batteries, just to remember that you forgot to charge them and now you have no time?! Well...that will not happen with this ones! :-) As they say, these batteries can hold the charge for more than 5 months after charged. It's like buying batteries...but you can re-charge them over and over again!
You can't go wrong with these ones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great batteries, for an even better price!, 25 Mar. 2009
Duracell Supreme AA 2650mAh Pack of 4
Own both of these, and you can definitely see the difference in time the charge is held for (don't get me wrong, the Duracell's are really good the day after a charge).

Not sure which powers my camera for longer - both seem to cope with around 700 photos (flash-free), which makes for an extremely long test. However, I believe that if those 700 photos are to be spread over a month or so that the Sanyo will outperform Duracell. Would also be interested to know how they perform in the cold (eg. when skiing).

Sanyo Eneloop AA 4 Pack Batteries 1900mAh