5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Mac max Fun, 24 July 2007
This review is from: Apple Mac mini MA608B/A, Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz, 512MB, 80GB, SuperDrive (Electronics)
I bought the Mac Mini cos I wanted a small computer for web browsing, email, music downloads (iPod) and my photo library. It has met or exceeded my expectation. I have the dual core 1.83 Ghz processor model fully loaded with Ram,I bought the wireless keyboard and mouse. I also run Photoshop Elements, MS Office and Equinox 6. VDU is a BenQ FP93VWwhich is an excellent match. Photoshop is a little slow when processing large images however when measured against the price the performance is excellent. The 4 USB and 1 Firewire ports mean I do not keep having to swap cables every time I want to synchronise something or upload/download photos. The remote control is an excellent feature that enable me to wake my Mac up quickly whenever I need it and send it back to sleep when I dont. If an attractive and compact presentation coupled with decent performance and high useability are your priorities then this one must be very high on your list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised and delighted, 3 Sep 2007
Paul Johnson "Dog" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought the mac mini to be a small, neat but limited little home theatre computer - basically just to bring web, email and music to my main TV. It has totally surpassed my expectations. It's pretty much silent and works beautifully - to the extent that it has supplanted my main PC for daily use. The included software is great and covers everything I need. Compared with all the fiddling and mucking about setting up a windows PC, it's easy peasy to set up and you don't need to worry as much about things like anti-virus software etc... if you need MS office compatibility have a look at NeoOffice rather than spending loads of cash if you don't need to. I'd maybe consider upping the RAM on the mini a bit at some point if I start doing things like video processing - this isn't straightforward so if you're buying one then I'd consider having extra RAM put in from the outset. Camcorder connects fine to the built-in firewire port, however one thing missing is TV capture - if you need it, then look up Elgato USB capture devices.