5.0 out of 5 stars "Skinheads, Oi!!!"
Bought these to replace a pair of Phillips clippers that dropped and broke. I actually felt that the Phillips ones were ok for a regular crewcut and I felt that they served me well...how wrong I was!

Published on 8 Aug 2007 by Interpol_NYC

3.0 out of 5 stars Returned to Amazon
Published on 20 Mar 2011 by Granite

5.0 out of 5 stars "Skinheads, Oi!!!", 8 Aug 2007
This review is from: Wahl Vogue Mains Hair Clipper Set Satin / Black 79305-017 (Personal Care)

These Wahl Clippers are in a different league. They weigh about three times as much as my old ones, and the motor in them is about three times as powerful (the Phillips made a "puny buzzing" sound, these things make a "powerful thrumming" sound...just like the ones that the barber uses). Construction is also rock solid...they are built to last.

So, if you are looking for a decent pair of hair clippers that will give you a pro haircut, look no further than these (although the weight and power may take some getting used to if you have been using "lesser" clippers).

They kit includes ten different combs/attachments (I've only used the No1), a hair comb, lubricating oil for the blades, Scissors, a cleaning brush and a neat little bag to hold everything in.

Excellent product - Great price - Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 28 Dec 2009
hi,
I have this device one month ago, Its very good compared to more than 3 similare products i used before.
I recommend it for everyone as its stable and simple to use.
cheers,

5.0 out of 5 stars a good clipper, 20 May 2007
R. Wallace - See all my reviews
Received this yesterday and started using it straight away. It has numerous attachments, so that hair can be cut quite long to very short. The pouch is handy to store everything and it even comes with oil to keep it going. First class and at 18 it pays for itself after two cuts!

4.0 out of 5 stars hair clippers, 31 Aug 2010
I ordered these as I wanted some hair clippers and they had some good reviews.

They have a really solid feel about them and look well made, so no complaints there. I also have really thick hair which some clippers struggle to cut. These clippers cut through it all really easily and quickly.

I'm very happy with my purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Returned to Amazon, 20 Mar 2011
Update - Having returned the original clippers to Amazon I received a replacement. Now having had the chance to try them, what a difference. These cut very well leaving the professional finish that I was expecting. Nevertheless its a pity it had to take two attempts and Wahl really need to look to there quality control processes to make sure they deliver right first time. Taking all into account I have revised the orignal 1 star rating to 3 stars.

These clippers are the first item I have ever returned to Amazon. I have to believe they are faulty because quite simply the performance is useless. If you want stripes in your hair like those on a garden lawn and a totally uneven cut then they are for you. Multiple passes in all directions spending 3 times longer than using my old Remmington clipper made no difference. To get a finish that was at all acceptable I had to in fact use the Remmington after the Wahl. Not exactly what I had in mind when I purchased these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best and handy, 16 Jan 2011
This piece of product is very cheap and handy. I bought this through Amazon.co.uk which I found exactly same as described in the diplayed specification. In cutting hair no need of assistance and no need of travel to Saloon and pass out time in the que.
This product can be bought in the cost of single hair cutting cost of the Saloon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wahl Clipper, 17 Dec 2010
N. Hampson "Noel" (U.K) - See all my reviews
Lots of cutting grades helpful to the beginner attempting a cut that is acceptable.
Cut your own hair 3 times and the item is paid for.
Relatively quite operation.
For the price you pay its a quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost a Professional, 16 May 2009
Mrs. E. Proctor (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Excellent product - comfortable to handle, simple to use. My husband had recently come out of hospital and had no haircut for some time. His mobility was not good and thus he could not get to a barber. With some trepidation, I decided to have a go myself. Result - perfect (almost professional) and so easy. We were delighted with the result. Thanks to Wahl!

4.0 out of 5 stars A well priced and impressive hair styling tool, 23 Jan 2013
When I was eighteen I had the worst haircut ever. I had long hair at the time and asked the barber to trim it by a few inches. Instead he butchered it and make me look like a lesbian from the 1980s. Then I had to pay him. I vowed never to pay for a haircut again. If someone was going to ruin my hair it might as well be me. Now I have shorter hair and use these clippers to shave the back and sides of my head. It works very well and requires little maintenance. The attachments fit on very easily and it's understandable why Wahl is so commonly used in the hair industry. Plus it's great for shaving my nads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, all you really need, 23 Oct 2011
My second Wahl trimmer, the first one lasted for about 10 years, and this one seems better built, more comfy to hold, and has even more bits in the accessories. I doubt you'd ever need any more than this. Great stuff.