5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the previous album

Published on 13 Feb 2008 by B. C. Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the previous album, 25 Aug 2007
D. Rowe "Tenacious Dan" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phobia (Audio CD)
Very good, well written album, if you have this album but do not have the one that preceeds it (we are not alone), go and buy it, you will not be disappointed. Although the other album has a few better tracks on it like "firefly" this current offering does not disappoint, the album is quite diverse in itself, There are some heavy tracks but also quieter slower tracks with good melodies and fantastic vocals. A good listen.

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't like it, 13 Feb 2008
This review is from: Phobia (Audio CD)
I thought "Saturate" was really good due to its raw quality and progressive nature with some good structure and catchy songs. I didn't think it had any "hits" on it but the songs made a lasting impression. "We Are Not Alone" was different because it was instantly accessable, had alot of catchy tunes, many of which could have easily been singles and it was just generally a fun album to listen to. "Phobia" didn't captivate me on first listen and whenever I go back to it, I still think the songs are pretty "meh" by BB standards. The two singles Diary of Jane and Breath were pretty good, the best songs on the album probably, and past that, the album doesn't have much depth to it. There are some heavier parts, but I don't think that suits the BB style. I prefer the sound they created on "We Are Not Alone" and hoped they would have stuck to it for this album. If you are a BB fan and don't have this album yet, try it, you might like it, but I didn't as much as I thought I might.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly surprising, 1 Jun 2009
This review is from: Phobia (Audio CD)
I bought phobia expecting it to be very much like We Are Not Alone, and was surprised at how different it was, but pleasantly so, this starts out strongly with Diary of Jane and doesn't let up until the outro, after which your treated to the acoustic version Diary of Jane.
This is one of those rare albums which is solid from start to finish, a great album and hopefully a great indication of what's to come from this band who are sadly rather unknown here.

This album is most definitely worth the price of the CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Phobia (Audio CD)
cd arrived early, well packed and the content of the cd is superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
great band

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy that this item came quickly, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Phobia (Audio CD)
Arrived quickly which is great as it was a present for my son. We could not find this in the high street, well done Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars listen and love, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Phobia (Audio CD)
My daughter loves it. I simply purchased it as a gift for her. I at least know who Breaking Benjamin are now.

5.0 out of 5 stars you, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Phobia (Audio CD)
Dear God, why have I never heard of these guys until now, when I caught a song on a Claymore amv? Immediately ordered this album and love it. Almost every song on this album is good enough to stand alone, with five too close to call a favourite. Sick of almost all modern music I have been searching the past for great bands I've never heard of, and this is seriously good rock music. Don't know anything about them over in England, doubt they're still together, but there are several albums in the back catalogue for me to get through and I now actually have something music-based to look forward to.

5.0 out of 5 stars At it's best, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Phobia (Audio CD)
This album has most of my favourite Breaking Benjamin songs on it - including the accoustical version of diary of jane.
I'd recommend it to anyone who likes the genre (:

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Phobia (Audio CD)
heard this music whilst watching youtube,so had to buy it no regrets as it is growing on me,a lot like linkin park but no matter

Phobia
Phobia by Breaking Benjamin (Audio CD - 2006)