5.0 out of 5 stars The right pouch
Published on 9 Sep 2011 by Nigel Bushell

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed
Stitching broke after only a short time - unable to repair as leather too thin and insufficient material. A waste of time
Published on 13 Feb 2011 by peldridge

5.0 out of 5 stars The right pouch, 9 Sep 2011
This review is from: Victorinox Belt Pouch Red 5-8 Layer for Pocket Tool (Sports)
When you buy a Swiss Army Knife, you should realise that having the matching pouch is more important than it seems. Despite protecting the knife from scratches and getting chipped ( if you drop it when not actually using it )there is also the matter of dust and fluff. I have used various Swiss Army knives for many years and apart from cleaning the tool/blade used on the job, I have never had to lubricate or clean the main body of the knife.

They seem expensive at first sight, but will definitely justify your purchase over the years - I have a number of Swiss Army Knives ( some more than 20 years old) and I am a user not a collector and they all still look like new because of the pouches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply red, 6 Jan 2012
Amazon Addict (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have had a Victorinox Swisschamp Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Champ for 20 years, and love it to bits. However its 20 year-old black leather case has also been loved to bits and is now falling to bits. It's done extremely well, but in spite of a couple of emergency repairs to stitching and Velcro, it is time to retire. I also fancied a change of colour and this caught my eye.

It feels very sturdy -the leather is thick and quite stiff, and is not thin as has been described in another review. A single layer is 2.5 - 3mm thick, and the joins are almost 5mm thick where layered and stitched. I expect it will soften with use but should remain sturdy. I like the simplicity of the design, and the bright red colour is as vivid and attractive as seen here.

One major advantage over its predecessor and the new black pouch seen here on Amazon Victorinox Leather Pouch - 5-8 Layer, Black is the popper rather than Velcro fastening. It feels much more positive than the Velcro as a closure. The knife sits snugly in the case and, at least for now, would have difficulty in falling out accidentally if the popper was accidentally released. I'd expect this grip to reduce as the leather wears.

I have only given four stars to this otherwise excellent case because one of the two slits on the back, that make the belt loop, was not cut all the way through. I had to carefully complete the slit along its whole length with my Swisschamp -slightly hazardous as the inner lining is only thin nylon woven fabric. Really I should have sent it back for exchange but I couldn't be bothered to go to all the trouble and was prepared to take the risk and take care not to slit the lining too -but others might not be so lucky, and then you'd be left with a damaged case and no comeback.

This problem is not mentioned elsewhere so I hope it is a simple and unusual manufacturing defect. The case is otherwise top class and I am very pleased with it. I fully expect this case to last another 20 years.

Highly recommended.

AA

UPDATE APRIL 2012

The case has been my constant companion in the garden for the last few weeks, and has proved its worth. It is very secure, and I've had no problems with the Swisschamp falling out. Access is easy and the popper fastener is as good as I thought it would be.

AA

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice item, 8 July 2010
F. Thompson (North Wales) - See all my reviews
I got this for my new Victorinox Cybertool and it fits in perfectly. The colour and quality is excellent. I recommend this item

5.0 out of 5 stars Pouch for swiss knife, 25 Mar 2013
Mrs. Jean Mary Fegan (Stirling, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Brilliant as it keeps the knife safe in the one place.

My husband loves it.as he lost his last knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Victorinox Belt Pouch, 21 Nov 2012
Quality materials and good looking. The red colour is more than smart - it helps you to find the thing! Even my 8 layer knife fits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 July 2014
Fast delivery. Outstanding quality for tinker penknife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belt pouch for Swiss Army Knife, 25 Jun 2014
A. Lorimer "TL" (Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent quality and fair price. need this to protect my knife from scratches and damage if left loose in pocket or bag. Tend to use it loose but also fits to belt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 17 April 2014
S. Dence "Toy Magnet" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
So pleased exactly as described and fits my Swiss Champ perfectly. It is strong and good quality and the popper fastening it excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars well made pouch, 18 Feb 2014
Best cover for Victorinox Swiss Champ, I bought this when I purchased the knife and keep it with me at all times since I use it so much odd jobbing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pouch for Swiss Army knife, 5 Aug 2013
Great pouch for Swiss Army knife.
Good high quality feel.
I Would reccomend for anyone buying a Swiss Army knife.

Victorinox Belt Pouch Red 5-8 Layer for Pocket Tool