4.0 out of 5 stars Mine wasn't cat 5e, but still a bargain.
Published on 9 April 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY POOR CABLE!!!
Bought this to run form the switch in my living room to my front room.
Published on 27 Mar 2012 by M SANDHU

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY POOR CABLE!!!, 27 Mar 2012
M SANDHU (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 30M CAT5e RJ45 ETHERNET LAN NETWORK PATCH LEAD CABLE (Electronics)
Bought this to run form the switch in my living room to my front room.
Routed the cable through the walls, some of it is running alongside my sky coax cabling, into the garage and then into the front room. After all the effort i went through today in doing that i came to crimping the ends and discovered that this is NOT TWISTED PAIR CABLING and the wiring itself is VERY POOR QUALITY. Certainly it is very thin and doesn't compare anything to the cable i purchased from Screwfix. So imagine my MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT to find that the cable does not do it's job at all - if i'm lucky my laptops will show a network connection for a split second before they just disconnect again. The cable struggles to carry any sort of signal whatsoever. It is certainly not fit for purpose if you wish to run it alongside other cabling. And yes, before you wonder, i crimped, re-crimped and lost count of how many times i crimped the ends - just to be sure it wasn't a bad crimp.

Avoid at all costs. How this can be advertised and sold as twisted pair is beyond me.

I have learnt you certainly do get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mine wasn't cat 5e, but still a bargain., 9 April 2010
This cable is not fully cat5e compliant (or at least the one shipped to me was not). It's a cat 5 multicore cable as stamped on the cable itself. If I remember correctly? multicore is specified as maximum length of 10m, so 30m may or may not work. In fact this is exactly what I found. It connected and worked perfectly to/from two of my routers (LinksyS & BT HUB V1.1) but not from the other one (BT V2 hub) until I trimmed the length down to ~18m. Thereafter it worked fine. (The actual situation was a bit more complex depending on the actual host/client being connected to, and the eye-diagram closure was more than I would have liked even at 18m but this is a reasonable summary!)

I still consider it a bargain for 18m of cable, but if you REALLY want 30m length with guaranteed operation, then you may want to pay a bit more.

1.0 out of 5 stars ethernet cable, 14 Jan 2012
received the lead on time in november but the quality is poor havent used it because the wires are loose where they connect to the ends very cheaply made only just opened it to use but decided not to because of the quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 5 Mar 2010
Ross P. Furmidge (Middlesbrough, England) - See all my reviews
I've hooked my xbox from upstairs with the router that is downstairs, thought i'd need at least most of the cable to reach them but I still have a huge coil! Delivery was also very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 28 July 2009
P. Beasley "iFrag" (Ashford, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Does the job that it's meant to do, got it running from my dinning room to an upstairs bedroom, I send it outside the house to reach this. Not a problem as of yet. Recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective, 1 Mar 2010
It's a basic ethernet cable of high quality that works absolutely as expected. Good value for money.

One thing though, I'm not entirely sure some people realise just how long 30 metres is (I certainly didn't), it really is insane and probably excessive even for small office environments. Try a 15 metre version, it's far more manageable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 17 Feb 2010
M. King (UK) - See all my reviews
Not much to write about this product, it is a very good cable for people who have the computer miles away from there router, i bought mine as i do online gaming and i was using wireless but as you know this lags but by using this cable i have got rid of all lag and now my games online run much smoother, Derlivery is fairly quick & for the price go for it :D.

5.0 out of 5 stars its a very long cable, 21 Sep 2009
as written in the description it is a very long Ethernet cable , I bought this to connect my PC downstairs to the Cable router upstairs .

4.0 out of 5 stars Long eithernet cable., 23 Feb 2009
Sw Campbell "SW Campbell" (France) - See all my reviews
WIFI was not always good due to walls and distance, this gave me intermittent quality & speed. So I bought this cable Worked fine right out of the packaging 100gig txf rate.

Stewart

1.0 out of 5 stars Be warned! This is not Cat5e!!, 5 Mar 2013
Russell Moody (London) - See all my reviews
Cable is not Cat5e and will not get go faster than 10meg! Will be returning it.

Spend a bit more and get a real Cat5e