5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED HER FIRST, 24 Aug 2010
This review is from: I Loved Her First (Audio CD)
My husband and I first heard the song 'I loved her first' whilst driving around Vermont on a holiday in 2006. The song is about a father's love for his daughter and it is sung to his future son-in-law. We said that we would play that song on our daughter's wedding day. Fast forward four years, our elder daughter is planning her wedding. I remembered the song and searched Amazon to find it and - voila! It's a lovely song, but the album is full of other really good songs too. So, we're really pleased with the purchase. Well done Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good country record, 14 May 2011
A. Owen "anthonymowen" (Orpington, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Loved Her First (Audio CD)
Unless you are a country fan it is likely that you will find this album too 'American' for British taste. If you like country music then Heartland is to be savoured and enjoyed. The stand out track is 'I Loved Her First' which, in terms of lyrics, must be close to the best father/daughter wedding song of all time. Do take a look on You Tube for a full rendition. I have known grown men cry!! I have known others call for the sick bag! The track is not typical of the album which is full of good ol' boys songs and well worth a listen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heartland - I loved her first, 19 Mar 2010
J. S. Hardy "postie tef" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Loved Her First (Audio CD)
Heartland first came to my attention whilst watch Y'all wire whilst on the net, with their video for I loved her first. I loved the song and the video, i am the father of three daughters, two of them red heads, so the song and the video really moved me. So much so i purchased the CD and was not disappointed.
The album has a good mixture of rowdy country songs, southern rock, another ballad called 'built to last' about a home town return to a 50th wedding anniversary, as well a slow starting bluesy number with excellent slide guitar called 'Freebird in a firebird. Well worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars country boy, 4 Dec 2006
P. A. Mccullock (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Loved Her First (Audio CD)
I am not usually a country fan ,But i heard this album on the radio , and just had to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: I Loved Her First (Audio CD)
I just love this, i heard iron the telly in a programme. You had and sent very quickly.it always brings a tear to my eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Special, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: I Loved Her First (Audio CD)
I bought this album for my dad because I Loved Her First was our dance at my wedding. I still can't listen to it without crying! I'm pleased with the rest of the album as well so would recommend this to Country & Western fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: I Loved Her First (Audio CD)
I bought this album because it had I loved her First which was played at a wedding and I just fell in love with it - the other songs are nice as well

4.0 out of 5 stars easy listening, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: I Loved Her First (Audio CD)
This album is very good and easy on the ear, it's a bit like country music and makes a change from rapp

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 28 May 2013
This review is from: I Loved Her First (Audio CD)
Like many other people I bought this cd for 1 song "I loved her first" but the rest of the album is very good, I have never heard of Heartlands before but I am glad I bought this cd, BRILLIANT

4.0 out of 5 stars purchased as gift, 20 May 2013
This review is from: I Loved Her First (Audio CD)
Reasonable arrival time, packaging good have not yet heard any of the tracks as it is to be giv3n as a gift

I Loved Her First
I Loved Her First by Heartland (Audio CD - 2006)