Price:£19.99+ Free shipping

on 22 September 2008
This is an excellent little tripod, the pull out twist and click lock legs make this so easy to use!. quality metal construction and sturdy camera mount makes for good trouble free use. If your looking for a good tripod then you can't go wrong with this one.
on 11 June 2009
I bought this because I wanted to use it for macro photography. This tripod would also allow me to position the camera into places that would be otherwise awkward to reach with a standard tripod. As I own both a digital and a video camera - I thought this would be good for both. After reading some promising reviews, and making sure that both my cameras did not exceed the recommended 3kg weight for the tripod - I decided to buy this, as it seemed very reasonable for the price. When the tripod arrived, the three legs were very loose and had to be tightened up with a screwdriver. I also found the "Pan Head" to be very loose and had far too much movement on it, even when locked. The locking mechanism is spring loaded and clips the head into position, and can not be tightened up. When I put my camera onto the tripod and took a picture, it came out as if it had been taken on the side of a hill. I should have spent a bit more money and avoided a mini tripod with a "Pan Head" and gone for one with a "Ball Tilt Head" instead. Avoid this tripod if you don't want to be disappointed as I was.
22 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2011
The tripod is very small so ideal for traveling. As you would expect from such a cheap option it does not hold the camera level without manually adjusting the legs by wedging extra objects under it. No extension but fine to just get the camera off the ground, quick to set up and held my slr fine after levelling the legs out.
I have just started to shoot video reviews and was looking for a handy desk-top stand which wasn't going to break my budget (or my new camcorder!).

This Hama mini tripod fit the bill perfectly. It extends to around 2 feet, but I have kept it at the minimum height of around 10 inches. It allows for tilt or rotate of the camcorder (but not both!), and this must be pre thought, as your camera will be fixed via the universal acre according to this.

I must admit that the overall feel of the item is a little flimsy, but for £6.50, it is a acceptable. On a plus point, the actual look of the tripod are spot-on, and it has no problem blending in with my work space.

Overall, I am impressed with this mini tripod and can definitely recommend it to those who need a desk top height one, and on a budget. 4/5
on 12 June 2010
There is potentially so much to like about this tripod. Sadly the poor design, assembly and finishing make it impossible to recommend.

The price is certainly cheap and naturally one cannot expect too much for so little however there are some significant defects in the design.
The pan head to which you attach your scope or camera is constructed in two parts and held in place by a spring.

The idea is that you push the top part of the panhead in order to release a lock so that you can tilt the horizontal panhead 90 degrees until vertical.
Unfortunately the poor fit and finish of these parts leaves the pan head floppy in both horizontal and vertical planes . This play is so pronounced that your digiscope or digi camera or whatever is flopping about all over the place and quite impossible to focus.

The legs do not spread sufficiently to provide a stable base and you would need to remove the legs and do a bit of judicious grinding or filing to spread the legs and make the tripod more stable.

The legs are telescopic and have two extensions which twist n lock into place. Neat and effective

The panhead swivel lock works well as does the panhead tilt lock and if it wasn't for the loose panhead platform I would recommend this tripod highly with 4/5 stars however I can sadly only award 2 stars .

I intend to keep and use the tripod with a compact digiscope with digital camera attachment lens . To make the tripod more stable i shall permently fix the panhead platform to the panhead assembly with some resin and adjust the legs for a more stable spread
on 14 November 2012
I really wanted a small tripod that I could carry round in my pocket. It didn't need to have flexibility, it just needed to hold a camera straight. Unfortunately, this fails to do so. The head is just so flimsy and awkward to get straight that it makes the task impossible. The camera constant sits tilted to one side, making it entirely useless.
on 28 April 2009
Hama Mini Tripod Traveller CompactExcellent product for wehen you want a steady hand for those extra close up shots. Useful for use in macro photography when normal tripods become too cumbersome. Easily transported and set up - clever extending mechanism.
on 10 January 2014
This is not a tripod to rely on for all occasions but it has proven invaluable and has a permanent home in my equipment bag. The tripod is ideal for table-top use or where there is a solid base available at a convenient height. I use a Canon EOS600D digital SLR and the tripod has proven to be solid and sturdy in landscape mode but less so in portrait mode as the centre of gravity shifts. This is easily overcome if there is a leg under the camera but I also lent a bit of support in this mode.

The legs do extend but at full stretch the tripod feels a little less secure...think Bambi (if over a certain age) and you will get the idea...but the feet are rubberised and do grip well on a number of surfaces. I bought the tripod to use without the legs extended so this for me is a minor issue.

The footprint is also quite small, needing a base around 8 inches wide, and the legs don't feel loose in the housing when extended. The mount screw is easy to turn even with a camera attached though some with larger fingers may find it easier to flip the mount into portrait mode which is quick and easy.
on 14 September 2011
Bought this to mount a iPhone tripod mount for using in close up shots. Came fast and is built great. Had no problems and is stable. Goes tall too.
on 15 June 2014
I am incredibly disappointed with the quality of this product received. The product is flimsy and of poor quality (which has been highlighted by some previous reviewers). We should have paid more attention to some of the negative reviews before making a purchase! The item broke while switching from portrait to landscape mode which was due to no fault on my 12 year old son's part. I emailed Hama separately to inform them of my son's disappointment having spent his pocket money on this purchase and disappointingly received no reply! On this particular product take the negative feedback seriously !