5.0 out of 5 stars It actually works!
This is my first ever fitness dvd buy! In the past I thought all fitness dvd's were a waste of money and didn't work. But I decided to give this a go, as I'm abit of a cheapskate and didn't want to join a gym! And after reading all of these positive reviews on here, I thought it must be good!

The Power of 3: I do this workout (the full hour) every...
Published on 2 May 2007 by KMS

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be much better...
This is the first exercise/fitness video I've bought - and chose it based on the reviews I'd read by people who had bought it.
Having worked through the first 30 minute session, I was very disappointed...
To my mind it is of paramount importance that you can see the instructor's body from head to foot throughout, so that you can see what you should be doing and...
Published on 4 Nov. 2007 by Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually works!, 2 May 2007
KMS (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Davina - The Box Set : The Power Of 3 / My Three 30 Minute Workouts [2005] [DVD] (DVD)

The Power of 3: I do this workout (the full hour) every weekend...it's a good pace, not TOO strenuous, but not so you feel it's not doing anything. It basically runs through some squats, (which HURT!) and then moves to work on your arms and upper body, then you move onto working the abs.

3 thirty minute workouts: With working full time, I find these 3 workouts to be useful during weekdays...i do these 2 or 3 times in the week, alternating between the 3. Even though it's only for thirty minutes, it really does you good and you really work up a sweat! 'The Pump' is probably the hardest of the the three and is jam packed of really painful squats, so if you wanna tighten those thighs and bum, do this one! I felt the pain for 3 days after doing this one, but atleast I know it works! The definate plus side to this dvd is the fact that it's not just some ex-popstar / soapstar...it's davina, with her 2 professional trainers, and they are really really helpful and make it so much more encouraging to do :)

I started a healthier eating regime when I got this dvd...so i've been intaking about 1500 calories per day and up to 40g fat per day...doing a workout 3/4 times a week, and weighing and measuring myself weekly.

Just to let you know how much this has worked for me...In just under a month, I have lost 10 pounds in weight, 7cms from my waist and 4cms from my bum! I feel and look a whole lot better!

UPDATE: June 07 - I've stopped my regime now as I have met my target weight. I did this healthy regime for 40 days, and I lost 1 stone (14 pounds), 9cms from my waist and 5cms from my bum. I still do this workout 3 times a week. A must buy for anyone looking to tone and sculpt!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 11 May 2007
Alyson van Wickern (Leopoldshöhe, Germany) - See all my reviews
After having given birth in October of last year and not being able to afford the gym any more, I was looking for a fitness DVD that would offer a challenging workout (not just for beginners)- and this is it! It doesn't become boring, because you can rotate the sections every day, which I find great. Other fitness DVDs that I bought in the past either required you had a living room the size of a gym, or were not hard enough. This DVD takes the restrictions that you have at home into consideration and is good both for beginners and the more advanced. Davina may get on your nerves if you don't like her, but personally, I found her quite funny and natural. The 2 personal trainers are also down-to-earth (unlike some American fitness trainers, who are over the top). Very professionally done and worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars ******3 inches in 6 days!!*****, 13 Jan. 2007
Debra Yates "loukabooga" (Belper, UK) - See all my reviews
I have never owned a workout dvd before, or written a review but this purchase was massively worth the money I wanted to share my experience!

Firstly, if you are thinking of buying a Davina DVD and don't know which one, this box set is for you. It gives you the equivilant of a different workout every day for up to 2 weeks (based on a workout every other day) and has seperate sections so you can work individual areas.

I lost my figure after having a baby. I have never been one to exersise, being lucky to have a naturally slim figure! But I have gone up to a size 16 and felt embarrassed to go to a gym. This New Year I have decided to loose a stone before the end of Feb and got this box set to help. IT'S AMAZING!!!

It is easy enough for even me to do, yet really works key areas. I have been doing it for 7 days now and have lost just over 3 inches around my flabby waist! I had a horrible "overhang" before, but that's gone! I haven't lost any weight yet though and would advise you measure yourself as well as weigh yourself before you start as muscle weighs more than fat and you'll notice the inches go before the pounds!

Be warned though, you WILL ache!! My body doesn't know what's hit it! I'm doing 30 mins a day but it just isn't a chore.

There are so many fitness DVD's on the market it's hard to choose which one suits you but I like Davina so would rather her have my money!

(this is a genuine review!! It sounds fake but I am that pleased with this boxset. It's worth spending a couple more pounds to get the 2 DVD's)

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!!, 11 Mar. 2007
I struggled to decide which fitness DVD to get, wanted something not too easy, but not too hard - either would just put me off ever exercising again. Bought Davina's box set about 4 weeks ago and it is certainly making a difference, not to weight los but definitely my body shape and fitnes level. I'm only on the power of 3 dvd so far, and have when I can, done it at least 3 times a week. The 60 second fat burner sessions can be quite intensive if you're not fit, but the good thing is the trainers will indicate where you should rest up and then bring you back in again. Don't be put off by how fit Davina clearly is, she does mention in the intro she's been on her own fitness regime for a year. Having said that, IT IS HARD WORK!!

Only two negatives for me - first, for the floor exercising they move into different positions too quick sometimes and I have my finger ready on the pause button to try and keep up - second, for those that really aren't used to exercise other than using the stairs, the cool down stretches just aren't held for long enough. After my first attempt of the dvd, every muscle below my boobs ached for a week. Again I now hit pause and hold the stretches for twice the length of time and it's much better.

I had planned to try and lose about 3 stone but in fairness, doing these workouts 3 or more times a week will help to change my body shape so much that I probably won't need to lose even half that weight, I'm already losing inches off my waist and hips.

Definately recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy first time buyer!, 5 Mar. 2007
C. Sandys (Huddersfield, W Yorks) - See all my reviews
I'm 25 years old and was after a video that would help improve my overall fitness and toning. I wanted something that would be cheaper than joining a gym and that I could do at my leisure in the comfort of my own home. After looking through many videos I decided on this box set and have been extremelly happy with it.

The exercises are easy to follow and they do them for long enough for you to feel you're really working your muscles. It's not too easy and each time you do it you hope to get better and be less tired at the end!

Having the three 30min work outs and the power of 3 dvd is great, as it provides many options for working different areas of the body or a total work out, or a core stability workout - more yoga/pilates based. There are warm ups and cool downs which are great and I'm definitely aching the next day...which I always feel means I'm doing something that's a good level for me.

A great buy all-in-all and around 3 hours of exercise - most dvds can only offer 30mins for the same price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Power of 3 - Great, 12 Aug. 2008
Ms. K. A. Macpherson "mcbay19761983" (Aberdeenshire UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this after I bought the High Energy Five.

The Power Of 3 is brilliant. I usually do it from start to finish (lasts about an hour) with the warm up and cool down.

The first section is the legs and bums section. This I find, is excellent and definately works. There are so many squats in there, if done regularly, you will have legs and buns of steel. It's hard to begin with, especially if you are new to excercise, but keep up with it. The results are worth it.

The next section is the upper body, my favourite. You need weights for this. This really works the upper body hard, again, stick with it. The intervals are sure to help with fat burning as there is no point in toning and cutting muscle if it is covered with fat. Davina, Mark and Jackie are so down to earth, it makes you feel at ease.

The abs section in this DVD is better than the High Energy Five, works them more. You also get a bums section in this and *ouch* sure works! Again, just stick with it and you will get results.

Make sure you do the warm up and cool down....I was incredibly uncomfortable the day after when I didn't do the cool down...not a good idea.

If you dont have the time for the whole DVD, break it down into sections!

The extra bits, Davina on Clothes, Food etc...is nice too have too.

The only reason I gave this 4 out of 5 was because some of the sections in the 30 minute work outs let this down. Just didnt seem to get a good enough work out, or maybe I am becoming an excercise junkie, who knows!!

All in all, I recommend this one too, Davina's DVDs are fantastic and you never feel 'out of place', she's so 'girl next door', and with a body like hers, makes you more determined to do that work out, no matter what's on TV!!

You won't be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars My first review of anything!!!, 7 Feb. 2008
Hi there people, I just bought this and it arrived yesterday, so here are my first impressions.

About me, I am trying to lose some weight and tone up a bit. I am reasonably fit and try to exercise about 5 times a week, but I hate the idea of spending ages in the gym, and I want some results NOW so I bought this video for a quick and effective workout that I could try and get in the habit of doing daily. I was not disappointed.

I did the first one, "pump" last night, and I am feeling a bit stiff today!!!

Pros:
There was a good warm-up lots of stretches.
I quite liked the music.
Davina was nice and smiley, and everyone generally was quite chirpy.
I worked up a sweat.
I managed to do it in my small apartment without falling over anything.
There were also lots of cool off stretches.
If you don't like chat- I dont- then you can use the mostly music option.
Davina's celebrity didn't get in the way- I am not a fan- I hate big brother!!!
I felt that this was a workout I could do every day- and I thought I would see results.
The 30 minutes is really effective- no time wasting!

Cons:
Davina's facial expressions can be annoying after a while, as one other reviewer complained- she gurns!!!- this is the main reason I dropped a star.
I found some of the choreography hard to follow in places.
Some of the camera work was unhelpful.
I did not think it was good for beginners really- but I am quite experienced at aerobics so I was happy.
They should have had a time left to go clock on the screen I thought.

I was delighted with this DVD and I am going to try and do it once a day to try and fight fat.

If you are not sure about DVDs go for this one- I am going to recommend it to my nearest and dearest!!!

If you are a total beginner and have a lot of weight to lose maybe go for something a bit slower, I used to LOVE Anthea Turner's YMCA video from back in the day!!!

That's all folks!!!xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like an exercise class.. but fits modest livingrooms!, 31 Dec. 2007
Ms. C. L. Reid (Aberdeen UK) - See all my reviews
I just bought this boxset and I am thoroughily happy I did.. being a skint student I don't easily part with my pennies.. but definately worth the money!
It is honeslty just like going to an exercise class.. I have been to many and I always wished I could tape the instructor and do it at home so I dont have to sit in rush hour to get to the gym or waste valuable studying time (ahem) on the journey time! And now that wish has come through..

SO I feel that the 3 30 minute workouts get you sweating more.. proper cardio stuff, and the power of 3 are all excellent toners with intermittent interval training..which is ideal as it keeps your heartrate up and continuously burns fat. I love how you can pick and choose which bits you want to do to tailor to your time, and you never feel like it drags, and usually when your begging for it to be over because you are pooped then thats when they say.. "ok now time for some cooldown stretches" and you are like "yeeeesssssss thank you dear GOD!!"..

Davina is lovely and comes across very down to earth.. as though she could be a ridiculous over the top gym buddy.. and yes at times she might be a tad overly ridiculous but its not a problem and she really is very likable but if you do find she does your head in for whatever reason, you can turn her jibbering off and turn on the music. Speaking of which.. the music is quite good, however I'm not a fan of dance music, but I do realise that it's the primary type of music used with exercise in general.. but theres a few decent tunes on there and theres nothing atall offensive or anything!

All in all I love this boxset.. I did the whole of the three 30 minute workouts 2 days ago and could barely move until today which is always a good sign! I already feel the benefits and feel less like eating and more like being healthy and energetic.. so give Divina a go, I've also bought her other DVD.. 5 something?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value-for-money workout!!, 25 Jan. 2007
Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I got this DVD two weeks ago, and while it is a punishing workout it is fantastic! I can feel myself getting fitter each time I do it! It's nice to have the 2 DVD's as well, because you can alternate between the two, and work different areas of your body.

I personally do the Power of 3 workout complete every evening and 1 30 minute workout in the day when my son sleeps. The cardio-box one on the 30 minute workout DVD is very intense but a fantastic workout for your whole body.

This DVD is great for a beginner, or an expert at working out. The trainers and Davina offer the easy and the hard versions of each exercise, and they let you walk through as much as you need to.

I would certainly recommend this to anyone wanting to get fit!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Workout DVD, 6 July 2007
Fiona Wynn "Cyzaki" (Shropshire, England) - See all my reviews
I've never done a workout DVD before, but my sister brought this one home from uni and said we should all do it, so my, my sister, and my mum have all been doing this in our living room three times a week. It's really good fun, although hard work, but it's nice to see Davina is finding it hard too and her and the personal trainers are really encouraging.

There are three 30-minute workouts, plus one hour-long one, so there's plenty of chance to change which workout you do each day so you don't get bored. All the major muscle groups are exercised, and there's lots of fat-burning too, so there's something for everyone. And for almost every exercise they show you an easier option for if you're getting tired or just can't manage the full version yet.

All in all I love this DVD!