5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners
This is my first heart rate monitor and I am completely satisfied with it. The only negative point I can think of is that the menu is not intuitive, but it is easy to learn, because Beurer provided excellent diagrams showing the available options. I am satisfied with the quality of the product descriptions as well. I recommend reading the instructions first before trying...
Published on 21 May 2011 by mz/x

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if you sweat
The watch is OK. None too stylish, and rather bulky, but it does the job. The colour appears grey until you put it next to something actually grey - then you can see that it is indeed dark grey/blue.

The controls are quirky, but they work.

The issue, and why this has 3 stars, not 4 or 5, is that the heart monitor side does not always register. It...
Published on 14 July 2011 by Ian Hobson

‹ Previous | 112 13 1421 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A little funky to set up......., 6 May 2013
David Greaves (Sutton, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beurer PM25 Award Winning Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Sports)
It's a little funky to discover how to use this and all the programmes, but once you've spent a little time on it and set up your upper and lower limits, it's absolutely marvellous.

Fantastic for monitering heart rate, work rate, cals burned....and telling the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 3 May 2013
Like some others, I was put off by the cheap price - half the price of the nearest rival. But actually, this is really well made, a good piece of German engineering. It might not have the bells and whistles of some expensive monitors, but for me that is a plus - it is really simple and does all I want. I have only given it 4 stars as the menu system could be more intuitive, but it works really well and links to the Life Fitness machines in my gym.

4.0 out of 5 stars Value buy, 15 April 2013
Value Buy
Does what it says on the tin. Looks worth more than the price I paid for it. Good

3.0 out of 5 stars it's OKayish..., 19 Mar 2013
I tend to moisture the straps every single time I put the belt on, so I haven't had any problems in that department.
However having exercised today for 1hr 26min at an average heart rate 119 bpm I have only burned 360 kcals. Very offputting if you really try hard in the workout.
Normally I refer to a calorie heart rate based calculator. The calories expenditure goes up by at least 30%. The problem is not due to poor calibration, but possibly wrong software of this HRM.
I would love to try more expensive HRMs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab piece of kit!, 9 Mar 2013
Renstar (Milton Keynes) - See all my reviews
This is my first ever heart rate monitor. I have recently started getting serious about fitness and started doing some research into HRMs. I initially was going to purchase a polar but was put off by the price. This one here appears to have the same functions as the polar but at half the price so I decided to take punt. Well, it arrived this afternoon and I used it straight away. In the box, is the box is the HRM wrist watch, chest strap, extension belt, instructions booklet and a little drawstring pouch to house the units which is very handy.

It's fairly straight forward to set up and the instructions provided are clear and and concise. Within minutes, I had changed, the date and time and units of measurment and entered my personal profile (gender, weight, height and my upper and lower heart rate limits). I then put on the chest strap and it took a little while to register my heart rate. I followed the instructions and wet the sensors and after a while the watch registered my heart rate.

I used it this evening to record a work out DVD that I normally do. I set the watch to training mode and run and off I went! It was great being able to glance on my wrist to see whether I was working with my optimal heart rate for fat burning which made me push myself a little harder. For the first time ever, I also have an accurate reading of the amount of calories I burnt during the session. It was a revelation!

My only tiny complaint is that each of the 4 buttons on the watch have separate functions, but these are not labelled on the watch. You have to refer to the booklet to work it out which is the menu button and which is start/stop etc. I don't understand which the manufacturers just didn't lablethe buttons im some wasy. Still, I guess I will get used to it with time or nick some of my kids stickers to remind me which is which! One other thing, if you go a little over say your actual weight when inputting, I couldn't figure a way to go back one, so had to go up till the maximum to restart. If anyone worked out how to go back one, do please let me know.

The watch itself is very chunky, not the most faminine but hey, that's not is primary purpose! It feels solid and well made with a large display so its functional rather than pretty.

All in all, I'm extremely pleased with the kit, worked straight out of the box, didn't take me long to set it up and does exactly what it says on the tin. As this is my first HRM, I can't say its the best out there but it's pretty good for the price and makes you wonder what makes the other brands charge so much for theirs?? If you're looking for a good solid HRM at a decent price, then definitely go for this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 9 Mar 2013
Bought as an Xmas gift and it went down really well. The item arrived quickly and was just as described.

5.0 out of 5 stars For basic information, it is very good, 8 Mar 2013
I. Nightingale (Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I only require heart rate during excersise. This gives this in a large display and has some session stats such as average and max HR. I found it easy to use:

top right button scrolls through modes
top left is start/stop of session and if held for five seconds resets the data

The beep for if HR is too low or high is fairly quiet, particularly if you are training outside.

No problems with it picking up the chest belt signal after excersise for one minute.

I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 3 Mar 2013
The watch itself is really ugly but works excellent!

you can make a user profile with your age, height and weight. it reads very fast and both the transmitter and watch can be easily cleaned from sweat, use a towel right after working out

the transmitter works also on the other equipment around the gym, like treadmills and bikes, something that allows me to use more functions with them, although you shoud use the watch for a better reading

According to the data you put in your profile, the watch makes a reading of your average heart rate, your max, calories burned and grams of fat burned as well, all during your workout

i'm still trying to find what other functions can i do with it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 23 Feb 2013
Takes some time to work out how to set it up, but am very pleased with it as does what is needed quite efficiently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor for in the gym, 20 Feb 2013
Compared to my old York watch this had more functions and is much lighter. After a bit of effort it is easy to get through all of these functions. My heart rate on the old watch went sometimes all over the place but the Beuer's readings are very stable.particularly like that whilst you are in training mode you can still go through the menus and get the time etc. very useful indeed. Very pleased with this purchase.

‹ Previous | 112 13 1421 | Next ›