5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners
Published on 21 May 2011 by mz/x

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if you sweat
The watch is OK. None too stylish, and rather bulky, but it does the job. The colour appears grey until you put it next to something actually grey - then you can see that it is indeed dark grey/blue.

The controls are quirky, but they work.

Published on 14 July 2011 by Ian Hobson

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners, 21 May 2011
This review is from: Beurer PM25 Award Winning Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Sports)
This is my first heart rate monitor and I am completely satisfied with it. The only negative point I can think of is that the menu is not intuitive, but it is easy to learn, because Beurer provided excellent diagrams showing the available options. I am satisfied with the quality of the product descriptions as well. I recommend reading the instructions first before trying to push the buttons randomly. Apart from this the device is superb.

It finds signal very quickly for me and does not lose it during the workout, despite the fact that I usually run near overhead wires and having a mobile phone close to the monitor. It displays the most important information during a workout: time, heart rate and whether you are in the target zones or not.

The sensor's range is 70 cm which is ideal, because it is less likely to interfere with other devices when not running alone. The contrast of the display is excellent, perfectly readable even in direct sunlight, and the backlight is very bright, too. I especially like the design of the watch strap. The heart rate monitor's strap is a good one, as well.

Maintenance is not a problem, you can replace the battery by yourself in the monitor and you can have the battery replaced in the watch in every small shop offering this service (both batteries are the common CR2032). All parts can be cleaned with soapy water.

All in all this is a simple device, but it does exactly what it says on the tin - it is a 5 star product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beurer heart rate monitor, 18 July 2011
I love this item. Its suprisingly comfortable, i dont even know ive got it on. Its easy to use and not a bad looking watch either. Im a little concerned as to the accuracy of calories burned but i have researched and it appears to be one of the most accurate ways of calculating calories burned (wish someone would tell my muffin top that !!!) Great product and as usual great service from amazon :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy indeed!, 29 Jan 2012
I spent two months on and off looking at reviews for heart rate monitors before settling on this one. I have read many of the reviews for this watch and I can say, having never used a heart rate monitor in my life, this one fits the bill perfectly. I simply needed to know my heart rate during interval specific training.

The signal picks up within about 10 seconds and I have never needed to use a gel to aid this detection. What's even better is that the Life Fitness machines at the gym also pick up the signal which is handy.

I'm training for a bleep test and I have found that with a better understanding of heart rate during training I am able to work on specific weak areas. My only regret is that I did not buy this sooner.

The watch is pleasing on the eye and simple in design and the heart rate strap is surprisingly less uncomfortable than I thought it would be.

I think this is an excellent product, that I have found simple to use, that has aided my training significantly and all for a very reasonable price.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if you sweat, 14 July 2011
Ian Hobson "Ian" (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews

The controls are quirky, but they work.

The issue, and why this has 3 stars, not 4 or 5, is that the heart monitor side does not always register. It will register if you are sweaty, but I have had a number of days when it stubbornly registered 0 all through my (admittedly short) excercises. Even wetting the back of the chest strap failed to get a response.

It is supposed to clear the heart rate 5 minutes after taking the strap off. Sometimes it doesn't, and needs a good play with the buttons to free things up.

So I am disapointed. It is not clearly brocken, but it is not reliable enough to be satisfactory either.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too hard to read bpm, 18 Jan 2014
What is the point of a wrist watch trekking you your heart rate, when the display is so dull that you have to stop your training in order to read it? The picture is misleading as to how difficult it is to see. Additionally, there is no mode that displays heart rate in large numbers on the display, the time or stop watch is always bigger. I got this to train for cycling events, it would be dangerous to use this whilst riding as reading the bpm would take to long with eyes off the road.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fails more often than not, 14 Jan 2014
Miguel A. Nacenta "miguelissimo" (St Andrews, Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the third "copy" of this watch that I have. I was too late to recognize when the first one stopped working, which prevented me from just getting the money back from Amazon. So, now I'm stuck with asking for a new one every time it breaks.

The first one just took about a year to break. It simply stopped getting a signal from the chest strap.
The second one stopped working a few months after getting it. It froze, (like Windows does from time to time), only this one does not seem to have a reset mechanism or a way to get it back to work.
The third one is still working, although the accuracy of the measures are often appalling.

I think this product is cheap for a reason, although Beurer is probably making a mistake by still selling it; eventually it will affect their brand negatively.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart Rate Monitor, 16 July 2011
After having brought this heart rate monitor I wanted to mention a few points that I think people have missed out. I'll highlight the negatives as I thought these were not clear upon reading the reviews. I have read that it is a good looking watch but I have to disagree. The watch strap is made of rubber and it looks like a toy. For running purposes it is fine but I would not wear this as a watch for any other reason. The images on amazon do not represent how cheap it looks and feels in real life.
Secondly, I found that the day I purchased this watch my wireless connection dropped to less than 1 mb. After testing it appears that it is the strap that interferes with my wireless connection no matter where I put it in the house. To solve this I have removed the battery from the strap. This is easy to do as it only requires a coin to open the cover to remove the battery. I use this monitor to run outside so this is not a big issue for me but I can imagine it being a problem for people who want to use it at the gym with various electrical equipment around.
My last critical point is that the menu's are not intuitive and it took me quite a while to figure out how to set the watch up. The instructions provided are very clear but I have to keep resorting to them to figure out how to carry out certain tasks (e.g. clearing the record history). I am sure I will get used to this in time but it is quite a pain when you first start to use it.
On the positive side it is good value for money and it performs its functions extremely well. I have no complaints of the actual function of the product and it is for this reason that I have rated it as 4 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent training aid and value for money, 31 July 2013
This was my first heart rate monitor, and at first I was a little hesitant because of the low price. But I needn't have been. This is an excellent bit of kit that has already made a massive difference to my fitness programme. The chest strap is comfortable and works well. The wristwatch is basic, but functional. The display is easy to read (even with my over-40 eyesight!)and four buttons easy to access on the move. One feature I particularly like is the audible alarm that tells you when you're outside of the training zone you've specified.

All in all, this product is fantastic value for money and I am absolutely delighted with it. Thoroughly recommended for anyone looking to manage their fitness programme more precisely.

UPDATE:
I have now been using this device for just over a year, and like others here I have begun to realise why it's so cheap. Although it worked great at first, performance started to suffer after a few months. First the heart rate monitoring became very erratic. Changing batteries did not fix the problem. Finally, the buttons on the wristwatch started to seize up rendering it pretty much useless. I have contacted the supplier but basically they couldn't care less. I have downgraded my rating as much for the poor customer support as the poor quality product itself.

3.0 out of 5 stars bad display, 6 Mar 2013
good hrt information,cals and fat used.the display is VERY POOR unless you have 20/20 vision you cannot see the display when running and yhe backlight is worse than useless.not suitable if you have any eye problems

5.0 out of 5 stars Such good value for money, it gets my heart racing!!, 24 Jan 2013
Very decent product. best value for money i have ever seen! this watch is very reliable, sturdy and lightweight. also has a well coloured lght in case you're running at night. Many different features on it to help train at your best. Excellent piece of kit. Very happy indeed. Lets hope it can help me get into the royal marines! watch this space... *****