5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant
Published on 1 May 2009 by Mayor of Simpleton

3.0 out of 5 stars Shirley Bassy?
Published on 19 July 2007 by Harvey Keane

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 1 May 2009
This review is from: Im Thankful (Audio CD)
I had to add my thoughts as I really feel the previous reviews don't do this wonderful album justice. I'm a huge fan of Alice Russell too, but I can't agree that Spanky Wilson is in any way a lesser singer. She brings a rawness that is makes for an epic combination against the Quantic backdrop. I really think this album deserves true classic status, and that's not something I say lightly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not that good, 13 Dec 2006
This review is from: Im Thankful (Audio CD)
I was thrilled to find another release from QSO / Will Holland etc. And on the face of it this is a great album, raw, funky and to the point. However the vocals by Spanky Wilson just don't match Alice Russell, you can't help but wonder what the album would have been like with her amazing voice, indeed 'Don't joke with the hungry man' has been released with Alice Russell on vocals and has much more zing to it. Don't get me wrong this is a good album but not a great one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Im Thankful (Audio CD)
Quantic soul orchestra track heard accidentally on the radio. I looked into it and discovered this album. Excellent must listen to more.

5.0 out of 5 stars spanking good album, 24 Jan 2012
Adrian E. Webb (kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Im Thankful (Audio CD)
spanky wilson was a singer i grew up with in the 70's and loved her ,so when i saw this album i got excited and a bit doubtful too as to whether she could still cut it in the industry,boy was i shocked .this album rips your head off and stuffs funk down your neck. the stand out track is dont upset a hungry man, the bassline just keeps on thumping away at you-with a slight undertone of melting pot by booker t and the mgs.
and you cant judge a book by its cover -with a slight hint of the benny hill theme ,all make for a bargain priced slice of modern funk with a legend of a singer to boot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spanking stuff, 22 Oct 2011
Charlie B (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Thankful (MP3 Download)
Great voice, and a fresh backing sound. Nice! The title track is a good'un, and there are a couple of other belters on here. Not outstanding, but very well priced indeed, and if not a classic, still definitely worth a listen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shirley Bassy?, 19 July 2007
This review is from: Im Thankful (Audio CD)
Music on this album is very good indeed tho the vocals well thats another thing...Im in agreement with the other reviewer Alice Russell has such a better voice!I went to see a few months ago QSO with Spanky Wilson doing the vocals it was terrible!! Argh! Its was like ITV's Shirley Bassy night and if it was for Ben Westbeech supporting it would of been a total waste of my hard earnt money.
Will Holland drop the old dear!!

Im Thankful
Im Thankful by Spanky Wilson (Audio CD - 2013)