4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what everyone is doing.
My wife and I were given one of these as a gift when our daughter was born back in august. We used the baby art magix box when she was 9 weeks old.

Published on 3 Jan 2008 by Mr. D. A. Nicholls

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money and energy
Published on 17 Jun 2007 by crausaz

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what everyone is doing., 3 Jan 2008
Mr. D. A. Nicholls (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Art Magic Box Round (Original) (Baby Product)

Grabbed the clay, kneaded it for a bit, popped it in the tin, flattened it out best I could, grabbed my daughters foot (while she was being fed) and pushed down in to the clay. She didn't bat an eyelid and seemed calm.
We now have perfect footprints in the clay, after leaving it to dry fully for 48 hours.

I admit that trying to write her name and date in the clay was a bit of a problem but we managed it and everyone, who sees it, says it's fantastic.

So I am really not sure what everyone is doing or why they have had problems with it.????????

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money and energy, 17 Jun 2007
crausaz - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Art Magic Box Round (Original) (Baby Product)
I agree! This was a very disappointing buy and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! The instructions are missing - should we knead the dough, for how long, how to dry, how to store... and the imprints are invisible even after applying quite a lot of pressure. How people can manage an imprint of a one-month old baby is a mystery! You will acquire much better results using salt dough for practically no money. To call this an ideal gift is simply outrageous!

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit tricky but results are good, 14 Feb 2011
This review is from: Baby Art Magic Box Round (Original) (Baby Product)
I can see what other people have said about it being difficult to use, more due to the willingness of the baby than the product itself. Best results will be achieved if you can get the print in the first couple of tries but as my son wasn't overly keen on spreading his hand we took alot more than that! It would be easier on an older child, he was just 8 weeks old. However,once it was done and left for 5 days to dry it turned out really well. Persistance pays off!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it!, 5 April 2007
This review is from: Baby Art Magic Box Round (Original) (Baby Product)
I was really looking forward to producing a lasting record of our daughter foot and hand on her first birthday. I was a bit puzzled by the fact that this product came without clear instructions. I thought this meant it was easy to use. I could not have been more wrong. Despite pressing my daughter's foot and hand in the provided dough with all my strength, I could only get a vaguely visible mark. Luckily she has strong bones now, if she had been a small baby I would have run the risk of hurting her! Trying to write anything next to the invisible foot and hand with a pencil as suggested by the vague, drawn instructions proved absolutely impossible. I am not sure how the finished product illustrated in the picture accompanying the product was obtained, but I cannot believe it was done with the material I was sent, and a real baby. I would not recommend this product to anyone. A total waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars baby, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Baby Art Magic Box Round (Original) (Baby Product)
a lovely gift to newborn child. unisex. also a great sentimental gift for anyone with children. everlasting memories and easy to complete.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Baby Art Magic Box Round (Original) (Baby Product)
Very happy with product, quick delivery and good price, the clay is nice and soft so it was easy to do the prints.
I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: Baby Art Magic Box Round (Original) (Baby Product)
I bought this as part of a gift and my friends really liked it. Just the right size for a keepsake.

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby Art magic box, 21 Sep 2011
This review is from: Baby Art Magic Box Round (Original) (Baby Product)
This is a unique gift to give new parents that they can keep for a lifetime. Delivery was fast and price was good also.

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and doesn't work., 22 July 2010
This review is from: Baby Art Magic Box Round (Original) (Baby Product)
Don't buy this expecting to get a cute foot or hand imprint as suggested on the packaging. You won't!

Reasons:

To get a reasonable imprint with an infant you would have to attempt it while they were asleep. Even then you have to push with such force that you would be in danger of hurting the baby.

The clay stinks. The manufacturers claim it is safe but I wouldn't put it anywhere near a baby's hands. My hands still stink 20' after mixing the clay and after multiple washes with strong soap. I haven't been able to wash the baby's bottle for fear of contaminating it.

It is supposed to be infallible. Yes you can re-flatten the clay after a failed attempt but after about 5 minutes the clay starts to harden and it will take you that long to work out how to use the stuff.

We've just put the whole thing in the bin. Fortunately it was a present but I feel bad that one of our friends wasted their money on this. I would have said it was expensive for a tin can and a lump of clay but as it doesn't work anyway it is 100% overpriced. Save your money for something worthwhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect gift for new parents, 2 Jun 2010
This review is from: Baby Art Magic Box Round (Original) (Baby Product)
Always a fab presents for new parents. They all seem to enjoy it. Even if slightly messy they get there in the end and the end result is fab.

Baby Art Magic Box Round (Original)