5.0 out of 5 stars Great Concert From a Great Band, 19 July 2008
This review is from: Just Doin' It (Dvd) [2006] (DVD)
A Great Show!The band opens up with "Caroline" and Ends with the classic Chuck Berry song "Bye Bye Johnny", just like they always did! This show is from 2006 and the guys are in their late 50s, all except their new drummer Matt Lently who looks pretty young and is quite a good drummer, just check out his drum solo. They put on a great show and front man Francis Rossi is a pretty damn good guitar player with some interesting techniques. I say the same for rythm guitarist/vocalist Rick Parfitt who plays so fast and so hard! Although Francis and Rick ar the only original members, the new guys are quite good to and help put on a good show. The show is full of non stop Rock N' Roll all the way through and the arena is huge!

Because nobody has posted a track listing, here it is:

Caroiline
Something 'Bout You Baby I Like
Don't Waste My Time
Forty-Five Hundred Times
Rain
Hold You Back
All Stand Up (Never Say Never)
The Oriental
Burning Bridges
Juniors Wailing
Rock and Roll Music
Bye Bye Johnny

The DVD inclues a behind the scenes Featurette and interviews with the band.Also has the official music video for "The Party Ain't Over Yet" and a Fan Photo Gallery.

Although they aren't as raw as they used to be, they still put on a great show, and this DVD proves that even old rockers still got it.

4.0 out of 5 stars So very nearly perfect, 8 Nov 2006
David Jones "nitrodj" (Tamworth) - See all my reviews
I was lucky enough to be at the NEC when this was recorded and I remember the gig as being one of the best I've seen from the band in recent years, (Over the past 30 years I've seen them over 40 times), and the DVD captures the concert superbly. The sound is spot on and the atmosphere of a band on top form really comes over. This was one of the first gigs after Ricks health scare and the boys look as if they are well pleased to be back. the concert DVD gets 5/5. Now the however........

The CD included in limited collectors pack is poor. Why not produce the whole concert on CD? It's a bit of an admission that it's the medleys and newer songs that are left off and I can't help but think that this will surface at some time in the future as a single CD or an expanded double CD - 3/5

The extras in the set are not bad. The book is OK as are the poster and bits, I've now found a home for the ticket stub just to complete the set. The DVD extras are OK but the fan album is tedious unless you sent a photo in. Apparently all such fan photos were included but there are too many of middle aged folk waving blow up guitars - you just look silly folks!!!!!!

All in all this is the best Quo live package produced so far but won't generate any new fans, but that has never been the bands aim these days.If you are a fan sit back and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost as good as being there!!, 27 Dec 2006
M. Harfield "Malchar" (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
I've lost count of the number of times I've seen quo in concert, and living in New Zealand it looks as if the chances of seeing them again are pretty slim. So this DVD brings back all the memories and they are as good as ever (if not better) - one of the best live bands, a great party atmosphere, and the DVD shows them at their very best. The CD is great too with the live atmosphere of the crowd coming through - watch the DVD and then play the CD and you'll see it again in your memory.

Great package - they really need to tour NZ though!

4.0 out of 5 stars DVD - Excellent. CD - Could do better., 20 Nov 2006
First off, the DVD is fantastic. I've lost count of the number of Quo gigs I've been to but of all the concerts that have been released on video and DVD this is definitely the best. It captures the atmosphere of the gig perfectly - you can feel the energy. The sound quality is great in standard stereo, but even better if you have the 5.1 surround sound setup. I have witnessed far younger bands put in less energetic performances, and if anyone ever wondered how Quo are still going strong 40 years in then this provide at least some of the required evidence.

The documentary is pretty good, though I'll confess that I haven't looked at the fan gallery (though had I submitted a picture I probably would have).

The other goodies in the special edition are also good, so thus far a 5/5 score is on the cards. Where this set is let down is the CD. First off, the production is - frankly - mediocre, especially in comparison to the crystal clear sound of the DVD. The drums sound flat as does the mid-range, and it really doesn't do the gig justice. Secondly, the CD seems to be preaching to the converted, containing largely the usual suspects in terms of the featured tracks. It would have been nice to have some of the less obvious tracks on there (Bellavista Man or the 'new' medley), but as another review states, maybe these have been held back for inclusion somewhere else in the future. I certainly hope so.

Having said that, it's still worth having, and if it wasn't for the great sound of the DVD it would probably be more acceptable. For a Quo fan (including those 'lapsed' fans who followed the band in the '70s) this is a set well worth having.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prozac on DVD, 30 Dec 2006
S. J. C. Armstrong "Jezclayton" (Thames Valley, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Doin' It (Dvd) [2006] (DVD)
Throw away the moon bouncer, insert the DVD and enjoy. If you don't feel good afer watching this check your pulse cos you're probably dead.

Sound 5 stars, image 5 stars, video editing 5 stars, performance 5 stars, song selection 5 stars, value for money 5 stars.........faultless.

Looks like the party has only just begun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 22 May 2009
This review is from: Just Doin' It (Dvd) [2006] (DVD)
High quality, well directed concert DVD with extras. <Much better in fact than I expected. Nothing can match actually being at a Quo concert but this comes pretty close !

5.0 out of 5 stars They're back!, 10 Dec 2006
L. Ketzer (Ottenstein, Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Doin' It (Dvd) [2006] (DVD)
I was a huge Quo fan in the seventies. I lost track in the eighties and nineties. I still liked the guys and saw them live in 2003 in Holland on a rockfestival. They surprised me: still a good rock band. This wonderful dvd gives a terrific example of a good and heavy Quo show. Good playing, great sound. Also good mastered for dvd.Specially the DTS track. wow, what a sound. And this Francis Rossi: isn't he a great guitarplayer and singer? One of my heroes! Still! Get this one, Quo fans!

4.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL ENTERTAINMENT., 29 July 2009
This review is from: Just Doin' It (Dvd) [2006] (DVD)
i added a status quo in concert dvd to my music collection , not knowing what to expect really and they had me mesmerised for the whole show !
they are very good on stage and must be up there amongst the uk's best ever bands and i will be watching it again and again and again and again .

5.0 out of 5 stars Status Quo, 19 Oct 2013
J. M. Whitaker (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Doin' It (Dvd) [2006] (DVD)
Have been a fan of Status Quo since the beginning so seem to find my self buying their DVD's from time to time. This one didn't disappoint. If you love Quo you will love this DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look What You've Been Missing, 16 Jun 2011
Mr. C. J. Allen (Harlow Essex, GB,UK) - See all my reviews
I've been after this for years. All varying in price tags. Igot this a little while ago,cos it was available,at a price I considered FAIR. Amazingly, it was immaculately packaged,and pristine. I settled down to watch this, and it blew me away. I've always cosidered Quo to be a great live band,and, just proved a point. I've found a few other bits I don't have,and,will do eventually, but, this gets better everytime Iwatch it. The CD's on my ipod, and has been given a goood blast. I highly recommend Status Quo's output, but this is brilliant!!!!!Status Quo - Pictures: 40 Years of Hits A blinding comp. of their hits.... Nice. BUY IT!!!!Colin Allen!

Just Doin' It (Dvd) [2006]
Just Doin' It (Dvd) [2006] by Status Quo (DVD - 2006)
9.90