5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars are simply not enough!
Published on 29 Nov 2005 by Book Lover

1.0 out of 5 stars Beatrix Potter wrong region?
unable to view Tales of Beatrix Poter - not suitable for Australia. Disappointed as I have receiv ed other dvd's and have been able to play them. Surely if they are going to Australia you would ensure that they will be playable. Have you a solution as to what I can do. I am sure it is a good film if only I can watch it.
Published 12 months ago by judith elizabeth guy

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars are simply not enough!, 29 Nov 2005
I saw this film when I was little, and have never forgotten the utter enchantment of it. Now I have rediscovered the bliss of it all over again with my two year old daughter. She simply can't get enough of it - in particular, the Jeremy Fisher section - those thrilling leaps and elevations! The drama of his struggle with the trout! John Lanchberry's score, and Frederick Ashton's choreography are both so wonderful - as are all the performances. But what is most striking, 30 years on, is that the production hasn't aged a bit, and I doubt that the miraculously authentic masks and costumes could be bettered now. A glorious achievement, and every bit as uplifting for adults as for children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer Ballet Magic!, 2 Nov 2007
Amanda M (London/Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tales Of Beatrix Potter [DVD] (DVD)
Absolute magic! I saw this as a child and it inspired me into career of dance. As a child, I adored to watch it and try to imitate the characters. Frederick Ashton's choreoegraphy brings the animals to life with imagination and fun. In the early 70's The Royal Ballet was in it's glory days with dancers like beautiful Leslie Collier, Wayne Sleep and Michael Coleman: who's Pas De Chat-ing Jeremy Fisher I'll never forget, dancers filled with style, creativeness and that tremendous RB technique. This is a joy, something to have on the shelf for any ballet fan or budding ballerina. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tales of Beatrix Potter - Ballet- Fredric Ashton, 22 Nov 2005
By A Customer
I can't describe how magical this DVD is - I first saw an extract many years ago - of the Jeremy Fisher section. I have never forgotten it - and when I discovered that I could buy this DVD, I bought one for my grandchildren (and me)
The copy I bought has been played so many times that I now have to replace it.
The dancing and music are superb - my grandchildren cannot sit still in their seats when the DVD is on. They prefer this DVD to any of the other DVDs they have in the house.
Most highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tales of Beatrix Potter, 14 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This film entranced me as a child and has had the same effect on my daughter. Beautifully filmed and danced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Twin granddaughter loves it, 11 Jan 2009
This review is from: Tales Of Beatrix Potter [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this to go with 'The Complete Ballet Dancer' for one of my twin (3 3/4) granddaughters for Christmas. She loves it and is not a happy bunny as I have borrowed it to watch. I have been asked in strong terms to return it as soon as possible . . . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars GENIUS+GENIUS+GENIUS, 14 Dec 2008
Arthur Wyatt (London England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tales Of Beatrix Potter [DVD] (DVD)
The genius of Beatrix Potter + the genius of Sir Frederick Ashton + the genius professionalism and sensitivity of the Roal Ballet set in the Lake District make this an outstanding item! Familiar themes from Paquita, Don Quixote and other 19th Century ballets. The young these days are exposed to a lot of violence and rubbish - what an antidote! Have purchaced five copies for various people. Don't worry (other reviewer)the Royal Ballet are still on top form, and may be at their all time best. Watch out for Tamara Rojo and some of the others!

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming for young and old, 2 July 2001
By A Customer
This is a beautifully choreographed and superbly costumed film version of some of Beatrix Potter's famous stories. It has not dated at all, despite having been filmed in 1971. I saw it first as a little girl and I can remember being utterly enthralled and inspired enough to take ballet lessons for many years. Yesterday I had the opportunity to see this film again and I enjoyed it just as much. Wonderful, something all little girls should see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical!, 5 April 2005
Simon Aiken "simonpiers" (Wales) - See all my reviews
Pure magic! My two-year old daughter is absolutely enthralled. I confess that the 'Mouse Waltz' brings tears to my eyes, and the final picnic scene when the town mice are joined by the rather uncouth field mice will have you laughing out loud. Fabulous dancing, especially by Jeremy Fisher, Squirrel Nutkin and Johnny Townmouse, and the music itself is inspiring. Choreographed by the late great Sir Frederic Ashton, who dances the part of Mrs Tiggywinkle. A timeless classic that will delight children and adults equally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beatrix Potter, 9 July 2009
This review is from: Tales Of Beatrix Potter [DVD] (DVD)
This is a wonderful introduction to ballet for children, absolutely brilliant, a treat for adults as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars dvd dance, 16 Sep 2009
This review is from: Tales Of Beatrix Potter [DVD] (DVD)
a very good dvd for children,gives them an interest in dance,could start them into dance class,benefits of exercise,maybe a career,fun dvd for children.

ARRAY(0xb58696a8)

Tales Of Beatrix Potter [DVD]
Tales Of Beatrix Potter [DVD] by Reginald Mills (DVD - 2006)
14.98