on 10 April 2009
As a huge fan of Still Game I couldn't wait to see the series where it was born Chewin' the Fat. I thought I'd go for the best of as you always get a couple of duffers in each series. This really is laugh out load comedy and enjoyed every second of it. I don't think this is as funny as the Still Game series but it very good and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
22 comments17 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 April 2012
For those who enjoy Glasgow humour this show cannot be bettered. The language can at times be near the bone and perhaps is not for those who are offended by the odd swear word - but it is funny.
on 15 November 2012
Fantastic stuff, watched this when on tv and laughed sooo much, think anyone watching this will be able to relate to some of the characters, Cracking comedy with loads new ideas, funny seeing the some of balamory cast doing comedy lol well worth a punt :-)
on 10 July 2015
I was pleased to be able to get this collection as I enjoyed it when it was first released on TV and now I can watch it whenever I want!
on 9 June 2014
I forgot how funny this series was. It's brought it all back again, Ronald Villiers and the prudish schoolteacher are my favourites.
on 16 November 2013
Have seen these episodes previously on telly, but they make fine viewing for a night in. If you like Still Game you will enjoy this.
on 22 November 2011
This is Scottish comedy at its best lots of little short stories if you won't a good time watching something funny buy this.
on 17 May 2013
Purchased for ex partner as a present - still very good sketch series which led on the the wonderful 'Still Game'
on 11 January 2012
THIS WAS A PRESENT FOR MY HUSBAND FOR CHRISTMAS AND HE REALLY ENJOYED THIS DVD,THE WHOLE FAMILY WACTHED IT TOO
on 18 January 2016
This is a really good value two DVD set and if you liked Still Game, and why wouldn't you, then this is a good series of sketches which shows you where the Still Game series all started from.

Its a good mix of sketches with a strong Scottish theme, but I found it really funny and I'm from Yorkshire.

Well worth the £3.99 I paid for it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse