Format: DVD|Change

on 5 February 2009
Both my children (6 & 3) have gone through phases of watching these Beatrix Potter animations avidly, and both still enjoy them now. They start with a live action sequence of Ms Potter, who writes her stories as letters to children. The animation is lovely, in keeping with her illustrations, and the stories are true to the originals (sometimes combined in pairs to make a longer program). Good viewing, i love them.
33 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 July 2007
This DVD is absolutely fantastic. The music and the illustrations are all gorgeously put together to create three warm, very atmospheric films. I have never seen my Reception class children so hypnotised and fascinated by any film or story before. Well worth every penny!
on 18 February 2012
Our six year old and three year old Grand-daughters were spellbound by this DVD and their attention never waivered throughout. They could relate easily to the Characters as this authentic animation with voice-over literally bought their Beatrix Potter story books to life. The portrayal of a "real life" Beatrix before and after each episode was a lovely touch. A really top production and many thanks to Amazon UK for having it available.
on 19 August 2008
A wonderful adaptation of some brilliant stories written by the inimatable Beatrix Potter.
Charm oozes out of every picturesque scene we are presented with.

The characters are brought to life in such a realistic way with voices by well chosen actors.
My Mother bought the video version of these stories years ago when I was still a young child,but they sadly didn't work anymore.
Even though I am now 17,I asked my Mum to buy this DVD collection so I could watch them again and again for years to come.

We are both transfixed by the enchanting world that we entered into.
Proving that these timeless DVD's can appeal to children of all ages!
on 2 May 2011
I accidentally stumbled across this on Amazon (as you do) and knew immediately that I had to get it! Brought back so many memories of watching it on TV as a child, really was a trip down memory lane. Everything about this programme is delightful, which is definitely the right word to describe this production and well worth purchasing whether to re-live part of a '90s childhood or to watch for the first time....Highly recommended even to the very end of the credits because of the theme tune "Perfect Day"!!!
on 10 December 2010
Peter Rabbit is a delightful DVD for children. The animation is beautiful and colours appealing. My 3 year old loves this story comming alive in the animation.
on 10 April 2011
I spent my childhood adoring Beatrix Potter tales, I used to watch them over and over on VHS.
I'm so glad they've brought them out on DVD, great for showing to my nursery class, they're so well written and innocent. Very different from the entertainment of nowadays, but the children were fixated! They loved it!

Absolutely worth the money and more!!
on 11 July 2012
I bought this dvd and the Mrs Tiggy Winkle one for my grandsons. They love it and so do I . Takes me right back to when I read the Beatrix Potter stories to my own sons. They never get out of date and the words are just right for young ones,improving their vocabulary in a way that a lot of modern stories do not. I enjoy watching it with them and their Daddy keeps asking me to put it on as well. They have now started a game in the garden pretending to be Peter rabbit being chased by Mr Macgreggor, with a lot of laughter involved. I recommend it wholeheratedly
on 7 June 2010
I bought this for my 4 year old daughter who thinks Peter Rabbit is fantastic, she loves watching the DVD and i would reccommend this to any child. The DVD helps to bring the books to life and is very relaxing to watch.
on 22 May 2014
This is a beautifully animated series closely based on the original Beatrix Potter stories. Do not confuse it with the recent series on CBeebies, it is vastly superior. There are a few slightly peculiar looking sections of animation that look a bit off model, but generally the three episodes (based in total on six of the original stories) are a joy to behold. They keep small children quite satisfied and won't drive adults mad.