5.0 out of 5 stars lovely animation
Published on 5 Feb 2009 by Sarah

3.0 out of 5 stars Peter Rabbit
i'ts good but not what I was looking for, I really would like a DVD of Peter Rabbit's Christmas Tale shown on TV last Xmas
Published 12 months ago by Jack Wiggett

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely animation, 5 Feb 2009
Sarah (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beatrix Potter - The World of Peter Rabbit & Friends [DVD] [1992] (DVD)
Both my children (6 & 3) have gone through phases of watching these Beatrix Potter animations avidly, and both still enjoy them now. They start with a live action sequence of Ms Potter, who writes her stories as letters to children. The animation is lovely, in keeping with her illustrations, and the stories are true to the originals (sometimes combined in pairs to make a longer program). Good viewing, i love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 gorgeous films about Peter Rabbit and his freinds, 16 July 2007
Silje Hoyden "Skandik" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This DVD is absolutely fantastic. The music and the illustrations are all gorgeously put together to create three warm, very atmospheric films. I have never seen my Reception class children so hypnotised and fascinated by any film or story before. Well worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Adaptation!, 19 Aug 2008
A wonderful adaptation of some brilliant stories written by the inimatable Beatrix Potter.
Charm oozes out of every picturesque scene we are presented with.

The characters are brought to life in such a realistic way with voices by well chosen actors.
My Mother bought the video version of these stories years ago when I was still a young child,but they sadly didn't work anymore.
Even though I am now 17,I asked my Mum to buy this DVD collection so I could watch them again and again for years to come.

We are both transfixed by the enchanting world that we entered into.
Proving that these timeless DVD's can appeal to children of all ages!

4.0 out of 5 stars Peter Rabbit DVD, 10 Dec 2010
Peter Rabbit is a delightful DVD for children. The animation is beautiful and colours appealing. My 3 year old loves this story comming alive in the animation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beatrix Potter - "The World of Peter Rabbit & Friends", 18 Feb 2012
Our six year old and three year old Grand-daughters were spellbound by this DVD and their attention never waivered throughout. They could relate easily to the Characters as this authentic animation with voice-over literally bought their Beatrix Potter story books to life. The portrayal of a "real life" Beatrix before and after each episode was a lovely touch. A really top production and many thanks to Amazon UK for having it available.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Piece of Potter, 2 May 2011
L. Foster "Starry Eyed" (N Ireland) - See all my reviews
I accidentally stumbled across this on Amazon (as you do) and knew immediately that I had to get it! Brought back so many memories of watching it on TV as a child, really was a trip down memory lane. Everything about this programme is delightful, which is definitely the right word to describe this production and well worth purchasing whether to re-live part of a '90s childhood or to watch for the first time....Highly recommended even to the very end of the credits because of the theme tune "Perfect Day"!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad they've brought them out on DVD, 10 April 2011
I spent my childhood adoring Beatrix Potter tales, I used to watch them over and over on VHS.
I'm so glad they've brought them out on DVD, great for showing to my nursery class, they're so well written and innocent. Very different from the entertainment of nowadays, but the children were fixated! They loved it!

Absolutely worth the money and more!!

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 11 July 2012
I bought this dvd and the Mrs Tiggy Winkle one for my grandsons. They love it and so do I . Takes me right back to when I read the Beatrix Potter stories to my own sons. They never get out of date and the words are just right for young ones,improving their vocabulary in a way that a lot of modern stories do not. I enjoy watching it with them and their Daddy keeps asking me to put it on as well. They have now started a game in the garden pretending to be Peter rabbit being chased by Mr Macgreggor, with a lot of laughter involved. I recommend it wholeheratedly

5.0 out of 5 stars the perfect gift, 1 May 2011
this was bought as gift for my baby grandaughter so she will appreciate it when she is older her parents were very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter Rabbit tales DVD, 7 Jun 2010
Mrs. A. P. Martin "Ski" (Leyland, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 4 year old daughter who thinks Peter Rabbit is fantastic, she loves watching the DVD and i would reccommend this to any child. The DVD helps to bring the books to life and is very relaxing to watch.

Beatrix Potter - The World of Peter Rabbit & Friends [DVD] [1992]