on 11 January 2007
I did A lot of research on my Archos 504 and nearly all the reviews said that they have trouble with recoding films and watching them. I then found this product and it is easy to use you just pug it in your DVD/Video player and press record on your Archos. It records real time so it take as long to record as to watch the film. If you are thinking about buying an Archos then buy this to you will not regret it.
on 25 August 2007
Just thought that I would chip in here and state that apart from all the other reviews I haven't noticed anything stated about the 704 Archos units. Well to ensure that you are aware, this Archos DVR docking station will also do the 704 units, both WiFi & the Tv versions. Obviously you require the relevant 'saddle' to fit into the station ('saddle' being the bracket that allows your Archos Model to fit neatly into the docking station ie: different units having differing saddles) Our DVR station came complete with station, saddle, remote with battery, leads, mains adaptor etc. In short all that you require. Picked our's up here from Pixmania @£ 46.50 plus P+P. The unit allows recording from external source, playback to external source and battery recharging. Super unit at a super price. Your Archos unit will come alive with this docking station and only then will you fully relise it's potential. All IMHO of coarse.
on 21 February 2007
Very good and takes about 1 minute to set up but not enough set up info, especially about infared emmitter but very easy to work out. Great for 604 and 504.
on 10 February 2007
A good companion for the 604. Allows straight recording in the AVI format from TV or DVD, And a fast recharge . As usual from Archos , good build quality and superb styling. It loses 1 star owing to poor documentation.

Overall a good buy.
on 12 January 2007
This item is a must if you have Archos 404, 504 or 604, its very easy to set up with your cable box sky or free view it took me 30 min to get it all set up and running all i did is look at the easy set up guide. i did'nt give it five stars because its a bit expensive but the results is great i can now watch cornation street on the way to work. buy it or your missing out on features on your archos.
on 8 June 2007
The DVR station is well presented and robust

Most importantlt it works as a charher in UK & abroad (UK & Europe) and even comes with all the pins that you need for plug sockets in USA & Europe.

Set up is easy. Instructions are poor / non-existant but most is intuitive

Only difficulty I had was that I needed to configure the Archos setup screens to broadcast in a specific format for audio & video by trial and error.

I have looked at other separate components to do what this does but why bother? If you add teh components together this would look better and cost the same!
on 10 December 2007
If you are going to buy anything for your Archos this is the thing to buy. Sites by the side of my TV ready to record the next 007 film or X-Factor episode or just about anything you want. Use the remote to schedule recordings, watch recordings or edit them, yes you can get rid of those annoying adverts. Plug your Archos in & it charges up a lot faster than via the USB.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2007
Having read the above reviews from the DVR I do wonder if perhaps I have a faulty unit. The unit acts as a 'pass-through' when my Archos 704 wifi isn't docked, i.e. phono connection from recording source (there is a supplied Scart adaptor to convert from phono) and phono to Scart out (I can't understand why the phono connectors are all gold plated, but the scart connectors are not). Sat next to my Panasonic 32" LCD the picture quality is notably degraded on the TV, partuculary when seeing any text on the screen). Play back of recorded stuff on the Archos is reasonable enough, but I can't put up with the degraded picture quality on my TV for the bulk of the time when my Archos is not in use (The docking station does have S-video in/out which I have not yet tried, but may improve the picture quality. S-video cable not provided).
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 3 September 2013
Have had this for over 6 years and have used it regularly. My last venture was to record my old VHS home videos into a digital format. I had to get the right SCART lead as the supplied lead is designed to go from the dock to the TV and not the other way. Once that was done it was just a matter of hitting play on the VHS and hitting record on the Archos. Videos all copied across into the standard mp4 format and I could video edit them all later. Was also able to record from SKY+ again through SCART and this worked well. Iage quality isn't as good as Sky but for the VHS tapes it was as good as the original recording.

Whilst this is mains powered, you must have a battery in the Archos for this to work. I had a battery leak and I had to get it replaced before the dock would work again.

When I travel I pack this and the leads as I always manage to get it to feed into the hotel TV so that I have a good range of films to watch. Been a great boredom buster over the years and saved me a packet in VHS conversions.
on 30 September 2009
I am very happy with my Archos 404 and wanted to share my library of films,music,and photos with other members of the family so consequently purchased the DVR Station. I found it very easy to set up, though as mentioned in other reviews there was no instructions with the unit. I initially had a problem with the remote control unit which didn't work. After contacting the supplier in Germany they sourced another one and sent it off to me. When it arrived it was a different type of unit but it worked perfectly, leading me to assume that the original one sent was the wrong type. The service given to me from the suppliers of the DVR Station was second to none and I am very happy with the purchase.