Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: 40cm document box|Change

on 28 November 2010
This was bought for my mum but it ended up with me. the product is excellent for the purpose intended and is in use in my home, the reason mum passed it back to me was because she wanted to keep it on top of the wardrobe and found it too heavy for her to hoist up [well, mum is 90 yrs old]. actually it is a bit heavier than I thought it would be, but common sense should have told me that it wouldn't be lightweight! all in all it is very good value for the purpose intended, a good size too. would recommend both the product and the seller
on 28 February 2011
As previous reviews was really pleased with the quality of this product. Purchased specifically to keep our wills in. Ended up buying for the in-laws as well. Perfect size for important documents and plenty of space for everything. Really secure and sturdy. Brilliant value for the price.
on 11 March 2011
I needed a replacement for a 30 year old metal document file box bought to protect some papers against fire. Having searched the Amazon for various security boxes, I bought this item as it appeared to be much more capacious than most of its kind. And so it is: copies of deeds, wills, passports (and more bits and pieces one wouldn't like to leave behind in case of fire or any emergency) disappeared inside this strong, heavy (but not too heavy) box and there is plenty of room left for real valuables (note to myself: must get some).
It comes with two keys and, unless you leave it unlocked or tape the spare key to its side, nobody should be able to rifle it while you are making tea. If it's stolen, they will probably have to open it with a jemmy. Be sure you know where the spare key is kept.
I had an idea - the box looks very businesslike and rather obvious for what it is. So I took one of those large floppy textile shopper bags with a zip closure and strong leather handles. The box fitted inside like in a glove, standing at the bottom of a wardrobe next to shoe boxes and such, it all looks just like an ordinary bag used for storage of ordinary things. But if you need to get out in a hurry - grab the bag and you will unobtrusively carry out your valuables to the car (perhaps to leave them (locked, of course) with a trusted friend/relative while you are in hospital / on holiday etc.) What do you think?
on 19 May 2012
Quick efficient delivery - so full points scored there. Nice sturdy box, no sharp angles or edges. Just shame about lousy lock which seems to open itself unless laid flat on it's bottom - I had it slotted into a shelf on it's side and the lock doesn't work in that position - so really has quite limited function.
on 1 July 2011
Does the job but the lock isn't very strong,good size plenty of room to lay A4 papers down flat, good for the price.
VINE VOICEon 3 February 2011
Well made, strong and solid,
2 keys supplied and the lid fits very flush.
Good for keeping daily required items in - but not a fire safe.

I like it - does the job very well.
on 1 October 2011
This was an excellent purchase. Strong, fireproof and safe for the storage of those important documents.
It holds 'foolscap' size paper and files which is what I needed.
Lots of other cheaper boxes on the market but sizes were too small.
Recommend.
on 18 June 2013
Brought this to store my external drives and some key documents (passport etc). Looks like it will definitely hold up in a fire, but only consideration now is that it is likely to be attractive to any burglar should I be unfortunate enough to be burgled. My dilemma now is which is more likely to happen - didn't think about this before I bought it but something I would suggest others think about.
on 29 December 2012
I have been looking for a sturdy box like this online for some time, and in this price range most state that they take 'up to A4' documents, which is no good for what I need. I wanted something affordable yet large enough to hold wallet files plus precious old house deeds, of which the pre-1900 papers are written on long style legal paper. This box size exactly fits my requirements, and is also plenty deep enough to hold other vital household files eg. insurances, car documents, mortgage papers, college certificates, birth certificates etc etc. It doesn't state that it is fireproof (I couldn't afford the fireproof ones, and they were all too small anyway!) but it is surprisingly weighty. That said however it is easily portable with carry handles at either end, and has a decent lock and 2 keys (although the keys could be a bit beefier). I intend to store it in a suitable place downstairs and near enough to the house exit so I should be able to grab it and run in the event of a fire!!! Meanwhile, it is just great peace of mind to have safe and secure storage for my important documents and to know exactly where they all are for a change!
on 28 November 2011
It is not sophisticated device, but it is exactly what we wanted. Completely fulfills
its purpose. We are satisfied customers.