Style Name: Stand Alone|Change
Price:£15.45+ Free shipping

on 17 June 2010
Just finished reupholstering my dining chairs. And this is the stapler that did all the work. There are two other inferior supposedly 'heavy duty' staplers in the bin. It's a no-mess, does-the-job, non-jamming, easy-to-use, super-stapler and I'm pleased as punch with it.
0Comment| 201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2012
Completed the re-upholstery of a dining chair with no problems.
Would have appreciated some help choosing the right size of staples.
Ones I originally chose where for a much heavier job. 6mm were the best.
0Comment| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 June 2011
I ordered this stapler along with some 10mm and 14mm staples in order to fix some fern screening to wooden fenceposts. This was to save unsettling the posts in using tacks or nails. I feel very well-disposed to the makers of both this stapler and the staples as they saved me no end of effort and worked like a dream. Marvellous little tool! Worth every penny.
0Comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 May 2015
Just what we needed. Not too heavy to use but strong enough for our jobs. Some of the staples needed an extra bang with a hammer to drive home but we were attaching to very hard weathered wood. Even using the extra pressure knob some staples still stuck out a bit. Used the 12mm staples to attach bamboo screening to an old fence. Made the job a lot easier than trying to nail in tacks! My only criticism would be lack of info on product page about the staples it takes and sizes for which jobs. You get this info on the packaging but not on the site anywhere so you have to have the stapler before you know exactly what staples are best for what jobs. For a newbee to the delights of staple guns, I found this a bit confusing. Should I use a 10mm/12mm or 14mm for my particular job? Is longer also stronger/better or worse? Will they rust?? What are the dimensions relating too?
I would have liked more info at time of purchase on the staples or maybe a small selection of each type it accepts included with the gun. A photo of the relevant packing area showing the table of staple sizes and their uses put on the site would be useful.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 November 2015
I bought this item for occasional & relatively light weight use. I have used it for stapling famric to boards & wire netting to wood. It is quite a weighty gun & heavy to hold. I had no difficulty fitting the staples and setting it up for use. However, I did find that getting it to fire was quite difficult. I don't have particularly large hands so it was quite difficult to get my hand round the handle ready to fire & I found that I did not have enough strength to fire this one handed. In order to get a good, firm fire, I needed to use both hands to hold and pull the trigger down. Consequently I was unable to do a large number at once without getting hand cramp. I used this to attach fabric to a board & have found no problems. However, on with the wire netting which I was fixing to the wood, a few of these have now pulled out. Maybe this was because I was having difficulty firing the gun and didn't exert enough pressure though they did look as if they had gone in properly. With hindsight i think I should have bought a slightly smaller & less heavy duty gun but it would have been nice if the description had stated that considerable hand strength was required as I am sure I am not the only person who had this difficulty.
on 15 March 2013
Staple gun fine..but please make sure you order/buy the correct staples for the gun you are buying..I didnt order online but bought my staples at a local store...wrongly assumming that all 'Stanley' staples fit all 'Stanley' guns...not so. make sure you check the correct model/staples that match each other.
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 August 2010
Bought this staple gun for creating wall displays. Stapled boxes, twigs, card, foam. Very pleased with it and would recommend
VINE VOICEon 12 September 2009
Its a Stanley tool. That should be enough of a review for anyone familiar with DIY tools. Stanley make great tools at the middle of the market. Consistently better than Draper, but not as good as some of the top end brands favoured by professionals.

This is a sturdy, easy to use staple gun which takes a wide range of Stanley staples. Performance is superb.

So far as I can tell staple guns only take staples made by the same manufacturer. So, if you buy a Stanley staple gun you know you can get Stanley staple guns anywhere in the country. If you buy an own brand gun from Homebase or B & Q you are stuck with that store - not necessarily a bad thing, but something to bear in mind. Also, I suspect the own brand guns are more likely to be "Draper quality", which is why they are generally cheaper.
44 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 April 2012
Purchased this stapler to put up some Bark Screening. As I noted from previous reviews that no staples come with this product I ordered the staples that were recommended in the product description (14 mm). Although these come from another seller, both products arrived on same day, promptly and within delivery estimate. The stapler is excellent. Although the bark screening was too thick in some parts to staple to the fence it worked well on the thinner parts and securely stapled the screening to my existing fence. It is very easy to use and doesn't need too much pressure to drive staple home. I did get a pinch once but this was poor positioning of my hand on the stapler handle. I have also used it to re-attach some trellis and it also coped well with this with the 14 mm staples. It took just 25 minutes to staple 20 feet of bark screening to fence and believe me we used quite a lot of staples to ensure security. Would highly recommend for this type of use and will probably find many more uses for it, especially in the garden.
33 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 July 2015
We managed to lose our OLD but reliable tacker. I wanted to wash the fabric covering a long footstool which used the old tacker to attach the fabric to the stool. So, I decided to splash out and this is clearly a superior model and did a good job. NOTE staples are not enclosed and I chose a mid range for staples.