4.0 out of 5 stars Faber v Derwent
Published on 5 Sept. 2011 by Boshy

3.0 out of 5 stars it's not too great
It was probably the ones that was sent to me which had a problem. Nevertheless it was still a problem. Everything I sharpened the pencils they will not only break but the sharpened wood bit was getting roughened as well. I am not completely happy with my purchase.
Published 8 months ago by Ms. M. Gurel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Faber v Derwent, 5 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Faber Castell 9000 Art Set 12 x Pencils (Office Product)
I have used Derwent Graphite pencils for years and have never found any to be as good, I have this set and some 2mm clutch pencils from Faber with their leads and they are not bad for rough quick sketches, but when it comes to my professional fine art graphite work they cannot match Derwent for laydown quality and more importantly clean blending, If you use a paper stump to blend with and blend in the direction of the pencil marks you will leave some texture, but If you blend 90% accross the the direction of the pencil marks then you should get a very smooth finish with no grain ( great for doing smooth skin on a portrait) they do blend better than other pencils, they just can't match Derwent. So if this is important to you then I reccomend passing on these and going for the Derwent 24 9h to 9b set Derwent Graphic Pencils 24 SET, once you use them you will never buy any others. Now I just wish I could convince Derwent to put out It's range in lead only format for my clutch pencils. Happy drawing...Boshy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Faber Castell 9000 Art Set 12 x Pencils (Office Product)
These pencils are excellent!! I use them for drawing my portraits and they are just amasing the quality is exactly what I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pencils, 15 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Faber Castell 9000 Art Set 12 x Pencils (Office Product)
These were bought for my daughter who is studying GCSE art and are really good quality. They seem to be really good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars learning to use them, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Faber Castell 9000 Art Set 12 x Pencils (Office Product)
I have used them for a long drawing and they certainly raised the level of what I expected from a drawing. The longer you spend on the drawing the more useful you find the various pencils.

5.0 out of 5 stars Art Pencils, 2 April 2013
Mrs. E. C. Charalambous (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faber Castell 9000 Art Set 12 x Pencils (Office Product)
This was for a present for an artist and the receivee was very pleased with them. Quick deliery, very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Art Of Drawing, 30 May 2011
This review is from: Faber Castell 9000 Art Set 12 x Pencils (Office Product)
I was interested in drawing the human figure and wondered which would be the best tool to help me draw.There are a variety of drawing tools to choose from,from Pencils to Pens and Markers and they are equally as good as each other but for me a good quality pencil makes all the difference and Faber Castell 9000 Art Set was an excelllent choice. The set offers a choice of grades from 8B-H and B-2H which help with shading from light grey to intense black.
A good choice for any budding artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Faber Castell 9000 Art Set 12 x Pencils (Office Product)
Very pleased with purchase and would buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars Swizzler, 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Faber Castell 9000 Art Set 12 x Pencils (Office Product)
They are pencils, but they are really good ones, I wish I had bought them a long time ago. My advice is buy these they are worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Faber Castell 9000 Art Set 12 x Pencils (Office Product)
Perfect Xmas present for. Our so. And he was really chuffed uses them the whole time would recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price great quality, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Faber Castell 9000 Art Set 12 x Pencils (Office Product)
I love Faber Castel quality ! Great price for such quality pencils. Would recommend to anyone interested in monochrome / black and white drawings, as this set includes all you need.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›