5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive!
Published on 21 Mar 2007 by Harry

1.0 out of 5 stars Slowed 3 PCs to an utter crawl!
Published on 29 Jun 2007 by M. P. Flanagan

1.0 out of 5 stars Slowed 3 PCs to an utter crawl!, 29 Jun 2007
M. P. Flanagan (NW London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norton Internet Security 2007 (3 User Licence) (PC) (CD-ROM)
I used to install Norton Antivirus and later changed to Norton Internet Security.Up to version 2006 had no problems. When I installed the 2007 version (on 3 PCs running Windows XP) I have had nothing but problems - it slows the PCs to a crawl, using the internet is impossible because almost everything times out. The PCs have various amounts of RAM (256MB, 512MB, 1GB) but the efect is the same on each.
I tried upgrading to Norton 360 on one of the PCs but it suffered from exactly the same issues (and incidentally it kept losing its virus definitions for no apparent reason, so that PC was unprotected most of the time). Norton email helpline were polite and tried to help but they just kept sending me instructions to re-install, which did not help.

I have also got a copy of Internet Security which came as a 60 day trial on a PC running Windows Vista - and that one works fine. So it seems as though Symantec may be focusing their efforts on Vista now, and not giving much attention to XP.

Just looking at the reviews on Amazon as well as on Google, you can see some people have no problems - but many people have lots of problems - so going for the 2007 versions of Norton Internet Security and Norton 360 seems to be a bit of a lottery - and an expensive gamble. Now I've got to buy something else - Around £100 wasted on Norton. What a shame, their products used to be so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive!, 21 Mar 2007
Despite being a little disappointed with the 2006 version of norton internet security, I still purchased the new 2007 version due to the great reviews. This time I bought a 3 user so I could also install it on my sons laptop. As the product suggests, I dont have to do a thing... it works by itself in the background. Its faster, more efficient and even looks great. Thank you Norton. From, a very happy customer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing product, 5 Oct 2007
Silverfrog (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I've been a devoted fan of Norton for quite some time now. It has always been good about protecting my computer constantly but not affecting my computer performance too much. I've been through many years of using Norton Antivirus as well as Norton Firewall.

This however was a great disappointment. Istallation went smoothly as expected and the computer is protected with a firewall and antivirus simultaneously. You can also install the software on 2 other computers and i assume when you renew your licence online in a years time, you only need to do this once and it should then continue to protect all 3 computers.

I am very dissappointed in the product however as my computer now moves at snail speed. Performance has significantly decreased when the software is running in the background and even when turned off (when disconnected from the internet to carry out full system antivirus scan) it still runs slowly. Don't get me wrong, my computer is no ancient having got it a year ago, with over a 1Gb ram 1.3processor.

It may be that the software is more aimed at more powerful computers that come out this year together with Windows Vista or something. Nonetheless, at the end of my licence expiry i will be returning to the separate Norton Antivirus and Firewall products with an earlier version which should do just fine.

The software may be advanced including extra protection on Spam, email, trojan horses and other attacks, but it sure does let you know about it by slowing your system down!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Currently the best Norton Bargain, 5 Dec 2008
T. Revans (Leeds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
In the past I have been told by Symantec to update my Norton product for free for better security and stability. So I have learnt by purchasing an older version like this 2007 version i can insert the key into my downloaded 15-day trial of Norton Internet Security 2009. Plus its a 3-user license so me, my sister and step-dad have spread the cost £6.67 each, we didnt count the pennies though. Norton 2009 for a bargain.

1.0 out of 5 stars Vista and Norton Internet Security - "Gathering Information", 10 Jun 2007
I bought Norton Internet Security 2007 for Vista and it loaded very easily and everything went really well for about 6 weeks. I then got an "subscription elapsed" message which went after I re-inserted the product key. I then kept getting these on a weekly basis until the last one has rendered my system unable to operate and the "Gathering Information" frozen screen. I have de-installed and re-installed the product at least a dozen times over the past fortnight. I have "enjoyed" 11 web chats with technical support in India and whilst they all try their very best, the last 4 page e-mail I received had instructions for XP and not Vista. NIS 2007 for Vista has still too many glitches for anyone to squander £50 on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Norton Snail Security, 1 Feb 2009
E. C. Skeates "Niwdeweb" (Mid UK) - See all my reviews
I've used Norton Internet Security for around 8 years. Unfortunately this is the last version I will use.
I've had problems where my subscription timed out 9 months early, then it had to be reinstalled as it self destroyed. (Many irritating emails and calls to the help line who had to very apologetically correct the problem remotely.)
Installed on three PC's using 512mb to 2Gb memory. Realised they were getting slower and slower. Just uninstalled it on the 1GB machine and to my amazement the pc speed suddenly nearly doubled. Memory access and disk read speeds increased remarkedly, file fetch and open in office back to a blink of an eye.
Installed a different virus software, and no dramatic drop in speed. Loathed to reinstall Norton. I am going to give the rival a month and see if it to then slows. But at present it is far superior in PC performance to Norton.
Email and internet access much quicker, it has found two advertising cookies Norton appears to have missed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Money wasted on this product, 4 Nov 2007
J. Evans (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I upgraded my daughter's computer from Norton Internet Security 2005 to 2007 but it would would not complete properly - it would not run and locked up the computer. I tried to uninstall but it would not allow me to do this - eventually I managed to reboot and do a system recovery back to before the installation. No way am I going to try it on any of our other machines.

If you are thinking of buying it, google "norton user forum" and look on the Topix site. At the last check, there were over 200 people reporting problems with this product. How on earth do they test their software - certainly not on the average user's setup!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2007 Great Buy, 19 Mar 2007
I have to disagree with everything these reviewers have written. I recently bought the 3 User and I have to congratulate Norton for the changes between this the 2006 version I was running. It's faster, cleaner, does not ask me if I want to permit access to the internet all the time. The user interface is really easy and it is so much quicker than 2006 (maybe as parental controls is not present - I understand I can download this as a free add on pack!) Having it for 3 PC's is fantastic as I have a laptop and desktop at home. It works equally as well on both and I have had no issues at all. I never buy on reviews so don't be put off by what the other reviewers have written. I see Norton in reviews in the press and they always come out on top- shame that I bought before they launched their new product!

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 11 May 2007
I have used Norton Antivirus since 1998 in it's various guises. Norton Internet Security 2007 is a very powerful programme that means a fairly time consuming installation and it pays to check that your system meets the minimum requirements. I found that my HP CD Writer (2000 vintage!) would not read the CD. I had to fit a newer 52x LG CD-ROM to solve that problem. I installed this on both a PC (Win XP running on a 1.4GHz processor with 640mb RAM) and a laptop (WinXP running on 1.2GHz processor with 256mb RAM). The laptop installation was slower but I followed the instructions and all went smoothly. I did not do the recommended scan during installation but rather left it running later after installation. Time taken before the scan was about 45 mins. I ran the Live Update and scan later which takes a lot longer. Best to set it up and go out! Once installed it has worked well. In my opinion this latest product seems to be one of the better from Symantec in the last three years. I have always found that renewing ones subscription is always more expensive than purchasing the latest Norton from Amazon and with the added option of three users on this product, is perfect for a family home with up to three PC's. So far so good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 1 Mar 2014
Found it very simple to install on computer. There isn't anything more to add to feedback. Most of my computer hardware comes with internet security, so I've not bought Norton, but I will recommend it anyone.

Norton Internet Security 2007 (3 User Licence) (PC)
Used & New from: £24.99