on 16 September 2008
I'm really impressed with this product. It produces high quality sound without distortion, it's portable due to the wheels and expandable handle, it has a rechargable battery lasts for hours and it is really loud! I'm going to use mine for fitness classes so the ipod connection is great (and you can charge your ipod whilst it is playing). I've also bought an additional wire to connect my personal cd player to the unit, and the sound quality is still great. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this ipa03.
33 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 June 2008
This is a fantastic piece of kit. Great sound, really solid build quality and the rechargable battery seems to go on forever. Really great for using outdoors around the patio or swimming pool.
And then you can also use it for guitar practice or even kareoke.
I really recommend this product.
on 22 October 2010
I have only had these for a few hours and I am very impressed.
I have an interest in playing the trumpet and I would like to someday go busking with some backing accompanying me, but most of the small amps I have seen really are built for guitarists. The trumpet of course doesn't need amplification.
This amp is perfect. Its just a pa amp for the ipod. It has three inputs: microphone, second instrument, and a RCA input for, say, a CD player.
I am awaiting for my ipod to arrive so I plugged in an old CD walkman via the rca's. It worked absolutely brilliantly.
I think the power should be sufficient for my needs but I haven't proven this yet. It comes with a microphone, too, so I am off to "speakers corner" next week (joke).
It looks good. Looks robust and well made. Even has a point so that you can mount it on a vertical pole.
I have an old tripod for a satellite dish and I put this on it and it has turned this into a brilliant PA on a stand. This set up will work well for small barbecues, parties or other functions. The specifications say the amp once charged, will last for 12 hours at full volume. That is incredible.
I tried my friends ipod and it worked a treat. It is so simple to use.The sound is clear and the bass pleasant.
The company that supplied it to me did so really quickly, within a day or two, far quicker than I thought they would take. Well done ACS Media!
Tomorrow, I will go out to practise and I will see how sufficient the power is in the open. I couldn't do so in my flat. I normally practise out in the open, as I hate mutes, and this will give me some backing for various practise. The long time the amp lasts means I won't have to take a bag of batteries with me. The ipod, when it comes, should mean too that I shouldn't need to take loads of CDs.
I am really inspired and pleased, so far, that I have bought it. Just what I was looking for!
on 12 February 2011
I bought one of these for my wife a year ago and she's used it constantly in her dance teaching business since then. It's not light but it's as easy to move around as the average suitcase with the wheels and the handle. The wheels are a bit small for use on rough ground but we overcame this problem by using a sack cart and piling her other kit on top of the machine. The volume is good enough for a large dance studio with some to spare: the microphone that came with hers is good, too and it also works with her wireless microphone. She's also used it for outdoor charity performances with no problems. When fully charged the battery lasts for a long time and it can also be used plugged into the mains if you forget to charge it. The only problem we've had in that way is doing the monthly drain and recharge - if it hasn't been used as much as normal it takes all day playing her Egyptian music at full blast to drain it!
We have no hesitation in recommending this item as probably the best value for money on the market.
on 30 November 2010
I bought this portable PA system to broadcast outdoor Remembrance Day services and to play Christmas music in our Town Square. It performed really well at both and many people admired its performances.
Easy to operate (even for elderly dodderers) both indoors or outside, smart looking yet robust, not too heavy to carry by side handles or roll alond on its wheels, it fitted easily onto a tripod to give it extra height and broadcasting area, producing really good quality sound. Last year without the PA most of the congregation couldn't hear the outdoor service from our hilltop but this year we all heard every word: same for the music played from my iPod Nano - we had people singing and dancing along with the carols.
Recommended highly for quality, price, looks and performance.
on 14 July 2010
i think this box is brillant, i bought it to do my zumba classes and its perfect. my kids also love using the microphone to have a sing a long, i would like a cover to protect it while wheeling it around. Its a fab machine and highly recomend you o buy it
on 20 April 2012
I teach children's gym based classes. At first this seemed ideal but after about six months the iPod dock stopped working. I got a cord as it has the jacks to fit one and used that for a while. After about 10-11 months there seemed to be an intermittent fault with some wiring attached to the charging cord for the unit. At a year it has completely failed and the battery unit has died too. Even if the charging cord/jack did work the unit doesn't work if the battery is totally dead, even if plugged in. Don't waste your money.
on 10 December 2011
WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE CONTACTED SELLER TO COME TO A RESOLUTION ABOUT THIS PRODUCT BUT CANT SEEM TO CONTACT IN ANY WAY. THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT SOUND HOW IT SAYS. IT IS VERY JUMPY AND NO WAY AS LOUD AS IT SAYS. I TAKE ZUMBA CLASSES AND I AM VERY EMBARRASED TO USE THIS BUT I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO GET SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND OBVIOUSLY I HAVE NO WAY OF SENDING IT BACK AS I LIVE IN SPAIN AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET HOLD OF THE SELLER. I WOULD DEFINATELY NOT RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE. VERY DISSAPOINTED ON MANY LEVELS.
on 22 February 2012
I bought this for my wife for Christmas. She's a fitness instructor so I thought something like this would be good as it's easily transportable. Despite other reviews that I had read about the sound quality being quite good, she found that it wasn't loud enough for teaching in the halls and gyms that she works in and that occasionally the iPod would move out of the docking slot mid-track causing her to break off from the routine she was doing to push it back in.

By mid-January the thing gave up the ghost and would not output any sound at all from any input device and was sent back - I was told it was something to do with the control board but I'm not too sure. So that was about a total of 3 weeks it lasted - woo-hoo! I'm now awaiting a refund and going to let my wife choose the sound system she wants and not get involved because from my point of view and the earache I've been given...it's just not worth it.
on 16 July 2012
Probably the right time to write a review having used the amp for nearly 14 months. Impressive PA system with iPod dock and mic however the product fails miserably due to poor durability. Also, the dock is only compatible with older versions of the iPod (iPod photo, iPod video versions) and not with the newer ones. Here is the status of my unit after fourteen months of use and the problems are the same as reported in other reviews. (1) Battery is dead (2) iPod dock port has turned very sensitive and would only work after several trials of iPod being placed at various angles. Checked this with other iPods and problem persists.
This is an impressive PA system at its face value but it's a pity that I could give only one star due to inherent defects.