5.0 out of 5 stars Stretch the Giraffe - Entertainment for baby!
Lamaze have a wide range of items for babies which all seem to work well. Stretch the Giraffe contains a wide range of colours, rattles etc to stimulate baby and keep him interested. The belly is black, white and blue - easy colours for baby to focus on in the early days. When baby is a little older he'll be interested in the dangly stretchy legs - one foot has a...
Published on 1 Sept. 2008 by Pompom

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so popular
Published on 7 Dec. 2009 by Evropa

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so popular, 7 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Lamaze Play & Grow Stretch the Giraffe (Baby Product)
I got four toys from Lamaze for my 3-month old. The most popular was a tiger, then freddie the firefly (which is getting popularity even as we speak!), then giraffe (she likes the colours, played a couple of times with its feet, and that's about it). The cube is still waiting for her (she is slightly too small for it). So, if I have to choose, then I would get something else from Lamaze.

4.0 out of 5 stars CUTE AND COLOURFUL, 1 Feb. 2009
S. P. Mullard "S. P. Mullard" (Reading Berks) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Play & Grow Stretch the Giraffe (Baby Product)
I bought this as a Christmas present for my daughter's "bump". Mummy thought it was lovely and especially liked the giraffes cute face. It is now attached to my granddaughters crib and the bright colours make it easy for her to focus on. She loves to lie and stare at it and has now begun to realise, if she hits it, it makes noises! She absolutely loves it, although mummy and daddy don't find it as amusing at 2 o'clock in the morning!

4.0 out of 5 stars a fun toy, 16 Dec. 2009
SJSmith (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lamaze Play & Grow Stretch the Giraffe (Baby Product)
When my son suddenly became interested in toys like this I bought the giraffe and also Freddie the Firefly. Out of the two I'd say Freddie was a better purchase however they both offer different stimulation. the giraffe isn't really that 'stretchy', hence the 4 stars instead of 5. What it does do is offer a range of stimulation to develop fine motor skills and to simply encourage exploration. He enjoys looking at the different colours at the moment and of course chewing it (he's 5.5 months).

The big clip is great for him to hold on to and would be able to be used on pushchair/buggy or cot. At the minute it's how he holds it. As yet he doesn't know about the rattles and squeaks but is enjoying the fabric and bright colours.

When I hold this one up along with the firefly, he always goes for the firefly but I'm pleased I bought both as they offer different things I believe. A good buy and I'm pleased he seems to like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 8 Jan. 2009
G. Davies (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lamaze Play & Grow Stretch the Giraffe (Baby Product)
It's a good toy but too complicated for even a clever baby younger than 7 months to use herself/himself: it features squeakers on the nose and one of the legs and is quite parent time intensive!

It's a nice looking toy though - well made, feels safe and very good quality. I would buy it again and would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want one of my own now! 4 Month old LOVES him!, 2 Nov. 2013
D. Yesson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Play & Grow Stretch the Giraffe (Baby Product)
This toy is beautifully made. Stitching is perfect so no loose strands, soft material, great textures for baby to play with, bells, ruffles and rings when shaking legs and teething rings that are sturdy and safe for baby. For the price this toy is wonderful, my four month old girl think's it's the giraffe's knees (get it!)

So in summary the points worth noting are:

* Soft material so no scratching of baby
* Stitching superb so no loose strands to get in baby's mouth
* Sturdy rings for teething and biting on, no cracks or splinter issues
* Lots of different materials for baby to feel and play with
* Lots of sounds for baby to hear and make
* Very bright colours and soft fur for baby to connect with, see and enjoy

I want one of my own to play with now!

5.0 out of 5 stars stretch the giraffe, 28 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Lamaze Play & Grow Stretch the Giraffe (Baby Product)
i bought two of these - one for my girl Chloe and my friends baby who is the same age - they have to be brought everywhere - they both love it!

She loves the different colours and that each foot has something different too - she is teething like mad too so will use him as well for that LOL

This toy brings hours of fun for my little girl - i have since bought other lamaze items as they really seems to challenge her - having to grab things and holding onto the handle etc !!!

FANTASTIC !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good some of the others in the range, 1 July 2012
T. Robinson (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Play & Grow Stretch the Giraffe (Baby Product)
My 5 month old loves Freddie the Firefly and Captain Calamari and has played with both since he was about 3 months. He (well, me really) loves giraffes and he loves grabbing and biting on the teething rings on the other 2 toys. On the giraffe, they're in an awkward place, so he can't grab or bite them easily. I carefully poked the head through the rings to free them but they were held by a little bit of string and fell off easily. I have now attached the rings to the white ring used to attach to prams etc and this works fine. My baby enjoys the rings, but I would have preferred a better design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning about hands and actions, 6 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Lamaze Play & Grow Stretch the Giraffe (Baby Product)
I bought this for my baby daughter of 7 weeks when I read the reviews about it. I have to say, she loves it. It hangs in her moses basket (attaches to the hood via the neat hook) and dangles above her head. She was absolutely fascinated by it at first and has gradually began to reach out and play with it.

She can't use the squeaker yet (now 15 weeks old) but bats the feet around to make the bell ring and the little beads rattle.

It keeps her occupied whilst I get my breakfast and cup of tea in the morning :) She always stares at it when I put it up.

A definite must. Excellent buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 25 Dec. 2009
Mrs. D. Morrison (Renfrewshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Play & Grow Stretch the Giraffe (Baby Product)
I bought this toy after noticing it on the Amazon site and reading the reviews. My grandson is just 4 weeks old and has just started noticing things other than his mummy and daddy. We attached the giraffe to the hood of his pram and like a previous reviewer mentioned, the black and white spotted tummy could be seen from where he was lying and that definitely caught his interest! The toy has so many bright and colourful patterns. As the weeks go by he will be able to enjoy it even more and the sounds it makes. So glad I bought it!

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice first toy, 27 Jun. 2013
K. Reid (Bedfordshire, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Play & Grow Stretch the Giraffe (Baby Product)
i brought the giraffe and sir prance alot for my 5 week old baby..and the other as a present for a friend.

lamaze have fab qualiity toys. you can faulty them!! they are a good size, lovely colours, multi functional - teething rings and crinkily bits.

look great attached tou babys car seat or pram.. brilliant for a first toy..im always going to come back for more!

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›