5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended
Published on 13 Jun. 2011 by Jason

1.0 out of 5 stars The world's most useless toy
My son loves Lamaze stuff but he seems to be outgrowing some of the toys so I got him the shape sorter My thinking was as it's Lamaze it will be good quality and he is at the right age to like playing with a shape sorter. Only to find when you play with it, all the shapes fit in all the holes!

So you can put a round one in a square hole and a trianglar one in a...
Published on 25 Sept. 2010 by Dominic I. Fellows

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars The world's most useless toy, 25 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Soft Shape Sorter (Baby Product)

So you can put a round one in a square hole and a trianglar one in a rectangular hole What's the point?!?

2.0 out of 5 stars A little pointless, 6 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Soft Shape Sorter (Baby Product)
Very squashy so you can get most shapes through each hole... which I think undermines the reason for having a shape sorter? Ours has already gone in the charity bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 13 Jun. 2011
Jason (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Soft Shape Sorter (Baby Product)
My daughter has been playing with this toy off and on for around a year. A few reviewers mention how any shape will fit through any hole if pushed through. Although I agree, that isn't the point. My daughter enjoyed just pushing the shapes into the box at first then slowly learned which are "proper fits". The fact it is so soft meant she could play with it from an early age. Each piece makes a different noise or has a different material. Well built and Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interactive toy, 7 May 2011
S. Bingham (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Soft Shape Sorter (Baby Product)
It's a soft toy sorter... it's a soft, fabric cube with different shapes cut into teh sides. The different shapes correspond to the separate 'toys' that come with the box. The different toys are all different shapes- square, triangle, circle and egg-shaped. They fit through the holes when pushed.

The separate shapes are made from fabric of different textures- soft, cord, silk which gives babies the chance to explore different textures of material whilst playing.

The shapes can be pushed through the holes in the side of teh cube or put straight into the cube by lifting the lid at the top. The patterns on the cube are very bright and stimulating for the baby to play with.

I particularly like this toy because it is soft. So many shape sorters are wooden or plastic bu this is soft so makes it chewable which, i'm sure you will know if you have a baby, is a bonus! My baby is always chewing on things so these shapes are really good for that! Also with it being soft she doesn't start screaming when she drops one onto her foot like she has with other toys!

I think it's a really nice toy to buy and it has definitely attracted my little girl's attention although she can't directly play with it properly yet as she is too young. The recommended age is from 9 months as this is when developmentally babies are able to push shapes in and out of holes and understand differences with shapes but there is no reason why your baby can't familiarise itself with this toy earlier as it is soft and very light and teh shapes are really good sizes, perfect for holding in the first instead of mummy's hair!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice., 3 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Lamaze Soft Shape Sorter (Baby Product)
I love it! each figure sounds differently ... is smooth and very nice!! however, my 9 month old still can not play with it. Moreover, all the figures can be entered in any of the holes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great produc!, 15 May 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Soft Shape Sorter (Baby Product)
This shape sorter is just great! my son loves it although he is still not able to place the shapes in the right place (he is 10 months now).
I also love the fact that it is not made of wood, as we live in a flat and babies of this age bang everything on the floor.
I would recommend it for sure, although I think it might be more suitable for 11 or 12 months if you would like them to sort the shapes out.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for children of all ages, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Lamaze Soft Shape Sorter (Baby Product)
I bought this for my daughter when she was 6 months as it is soft so safe for a baby to play with and she still enjoys playing with it now she's a one year old and can start putting the shapes in the box etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Quality- Dangerous- Maybe I had a faulty one., 23 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Lamaze Soft Shape Sorter (Baby Product)
Mine was terrible quality , not usual of lamaze at all. It has plastic threads all hanging out dangerous to a child. I'm trying to return it. The concept is good design wise and it's soft which is why I bought it for my 9 month old daughter. It would have been good if it was fit for purpose but unfortunately not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamazing, 14 May 2014
J. Wood "JoCoumbe" (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Soft Shape Sorter (Baby Product)
The plastic ones look tacky and the wooden ones are pretty hard for babies. This one is a great compromise. Lamaze have done it again. My son loves the colours and textures. A great purchase for a little explorer.

2.0 out of 5 stars So so, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Lamaze Soft Shape Sorter (Baby Product)
Not much use as a shape sorter. My son hardly played with it at all. Nice quality but not really worth it. You'd be better buying the stacking rings.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›