on 31 August 2007
I bought this toy as i was looking for something a bit different from the whoozit type soft toys for my 8 month old. It has not disappointed. The 6 bugs are all brightly coloured with various legs, wings etc for little ones to grab hold of. They each contain a magnet which not only enables them to stick together in a totem pole effect but also produces a not too loud rattle in each one. They are neither too heavy nor too big for the littlest hands to pick up and they will love knocking down the towers that you have carefully constructed as well as banging pairs together and ultimately building their own towers, naming the bugs, learning colours etc. My only, very small criticism is that i assume one of the bugs to be a spider but it only has 6 legs! and a challenge to parents - can you stack all 6 together? very tricky even without interference form small hands!
11 comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2008
Great fun. My son is 9 months and loves the bugs. We make towers we play with them individually and he loves banging them together in the car. They are brighly coloured and the legs and wings are tough rubber and my little boy also loves chewing them.
on 28 December 2008
My son is now 8 months and these have been in use since he was at least 6 months. He loves to bang them, chuck them, chew them, knock them down, he hasn't mastered stacking yet but I'm sure he'll enjoy that too. The ones with wings are his favourites they seem especially good for those emerging teeth. They are easy to clean, and rattle when shaken really handy for distracting baby when you are trying to change them and for taking out in the baby bag. One of his favourite toys.

Dec 2011
N.B I'm now on baby number two and these are proving to be a firm favourite with her too. My now 3 year old son still likes playing with them as well. These days he can be found "fishing" for them with a magnet on a string.
on 12 February 2009
Our daughter is 9 months old and loves these little characters... at first she just chewed on them or bashed them around but now she's starting to click one to the other. They're a really safe toy as they seem pretty indestructable, water proof and without any parts that can come off. A bit of adult interaction is needed to explain what each one is... (I think there is a snail, a spider, a bee, a butterfly, a ladybird and something we just call green bug). It's made in China though.
on 30 September 2008
Lovely looking, great sounding, easy magnetic stacking and the baby loves them. Easy to pick up, easy to clean and great source of entertainment. Would recommend to anyone- I've asked for a set for Xmas for my desk at work- I'll bet more people play with them there!
on 17 March 2011
I bought these for my daughter when she was 8 months old. I confess I buy her toys when I get bored of playing with the same old ones. I loved the 6 bugs; they're colourful, cute, easy to clean and the magnet inside creates a rattle. Initially she couldn't pick them up because of their weight and chunkiness. To give some perspective, she still can't hold her own bottle. She's now 9 months and 2 weeks and is more interested in them. She can now pick them up (and of course chews on their 'wings' /'legs'. She likes shaking them to make them rattle. She knocks down the tower/totem pole that I build for her and she's curious about how they 'click' together. She likes it when Ladybug gives Buzzy Bee a ride and tries to put two of the bugs together.

I think they're quite hard to stack. I can only get them in a tower if I put them in a certain order. Perhaps that's one of the lessons? Although I love them, I think stacking cups are probably more versatile (though not as cute). I think they have helped her learn how to pick up awkward shapes. Would I buy them again? MMmmm...probably.
on 5 April 2009
These are great! Excellent for my 8 month old to chew on since she doesn't quite know how to stack them yet, but she does love to watch me build them up and then she knocks them over. It doesn't quite teach her that when things fall over they break apart though, like other stacking toys/cups would, because they stay held together with the magnets in them, but she can learn that from just about anything else I stack for her. The magnets in them also make them into nice little rattles. Perfect size for little hands to hold to keep them amused in a car seat or highchair.
on 4 May 2011
I bought these initially for my son and now my 8 month old daughter enjoys them too.

There are six bugs in total, all roughly the same size, (in between a golf and tennis ball) but they vary a little in shape, meaning some have a larger base than others, they are also flat on the tops of their heads so they can sit flat on top of each other. The body of the toy is hard plastic which is easy to keep clean with a dettol wipe or damp cloth and each has little legs, wings or in the snails case a head, which protrude from the body. Any legs or wings are made of a what feels like hard rubber, which both my two enjoyed gnawing on when teething

The bugs are cute, one is a snail, another a ladybird and another is similar to a bee - actually, now I look closely, there is also a spider and a butterfly, however the last species escapes me! Not that it's really important what they are, they aren't really close enough to be any use for educational purposes, instead they have other things to offer your baby/ toddler, such as visual stimulation from the bright contrasting colours and cute little smiley faces, each one rattles and obviously, the whole reason behind them - stackability! This is where this toy stands out from other stacking toys, the stacking easy thanks to the magnets which aren't too strong, so they can easily be pulled apart and there still needs to be some level of control to stack all six on top of each other.

They are all in great condition considering they are much loved by both children, they aren't played with every day, but at least every other and as they do tend to collapse and fall to the floor I'm impressed that they aren't at all scratched. The only downside really is they are made of hard plastic, so could hurt if rolled on top of or dropped on a little foot (although they are hollow, so quite light).
on 27 December 2008
I love these bugs! But more importantly, so does my son. He's 6 months old and loves to grab and chew them. They're durable, easy for little hands to hold and will have good longevity as your child gets older and so more able to stack etc.

They're magnetic, either way up and stack really easily - no fiddling about. I really wish I'd had some of these for my 1st child too!
on 29 January 2009
I bought 2 of these sets one for a 6 month old and another for an 8 month old. Both ignored their other toys and played with these instead, even though it was Christmas and there was lots of wrapping paper and other toys to play with.