4.0 out of 5 stars A big hit with our daughter
Our daughter loves this. I bought it for her when she was about 2 months old, but she really started enjoying it when she was better able to deliberately grab stuff. Now she enjoys trying to stuff it all in her mouth!

Published on 15 Sep 2007 by R. Newport

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful
But my 8 month old still shows no interest in Lamaze toys
My friends' kids like it... but my girl has not played with it once :(
Published 16 months ago by EJK17

4.0 out of 5 stars A big hit with our daughter, 15 Sep 2007
R. Newport (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Jacques the Peacock (Baby Product)

The peacock is brightly coloured on the front, with black and white patterns on the back - great for newborns. It also has a squeaker and a bell and scrunchy textures too. It seems really well made, with lots of things to explore.

5.0 out of 5 stars A firm favourite, 14 July 2009
This review is from: Lamaze Jacques the Peacock (Baby Product)
I bought Jacques for my baby when she was a few weeks old. She loved the back of him(black and white) then and as the months have gone on she's discovered new bits and has fallen in love with him over and over again. When she was tiny I clipped him to the hood of the pram and she loved watching and reaching up to him. For a while he hung on her cot and she'd fall asleep staring up at him. Now (9 months) he's in her cot along with the rest of her menagerie and she's happy to wake up and have a play in the morning before shouting for me. I'm now used to waking up to the crinkling of his cellophane-lined wings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy!, 31 Jan 2012
This review is from: Lamaze Jacques the Peacock (Baby Product)
Wasn't quite sure whether to write a review - as I bought this for my parrot! And she loves it!! So five stars for this excellent toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamaze Play & Grow Jacques The Peacock, 6 Nov 2009
This review is from: Lamaze Jacques the Peacock (Baby Product)
This item is so good i ended up buying 4 of Lamaze products. My grandson loves them and we take them everywhere we go.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this toy, 3 Dec 2008
This review is from: Lamaze Jacques the Peacock (Baby Product)
Bought this from amazon for my 4 month old baby and he loved it from the very first day- he stares at it intently for a long time (think its cause its got big bold eyes to look into). Its really easy to take around with you and I tend to clip mine to the top of my baby gym so that its looking down on my little boy- he'll stare at it for ages. He also loves to feel all the different textures too. Highly rate this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jacques Le Peacock - he's a peacock and his name is Jacques, 3 Dec 2008
This review is from: Lamaze Jacques the Peacock (Baby Product)
This is one of the first toys I bought for my baby boy, and it has been one of the best value. He was 2 months old when I first attached it to his pram, and he used to stare at the black and white back for ages, mesmerized. Now he is 8 months old and still facinated. He loves trying to put him in his mouth, loves looking at his reflection in the mirror, loves his crinkly wings, and loves all the different colours and textures.

Lamaze toys are just fab - well made, colourful, good value and my son loves all of his. Plus they are dead handy for clipping to a change bag or a pram before you head out the door and take up no room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamaze-ing peacock, 29 Jun 2008
This review is from: Lamaze Jacques the Peacock (Baby Product)
I have bought this toy for my daughter when she was around 7 weeks old and have initially hanged it so that she could see the back of the toy - it is made of a round red base with black and white patterns on the four "wings" and resembles a half-flower with four petals. The black and white high-contrast patterns are great for the younger babies, so my daughter spent many happy hours fascinated by it and just hitting the toy with her fist.

At around 10 weeks she was able to turn the peacock around and reveal the side full of colour. Then came the textures - there are plenty of "bits" for the little hands to catch. It seems that there is no end to her finding enjoyment in this toy as she discovers different features step by step (she still hasn't discovered the squeaker and the rattle). At 3 months now, she is trying to put it in her mouth whenever I unhook it, however I think that it works best hanged nearby as it is quite large and covers her entire face when played with.

Overall this is one of the best toys I bought for my daughter so far and she plays with it for long spells of time daily. It is of Lamaze quality (i.e. top) and very cleverly designed to appeal to a growing baby throught different stages of development.

5.0 out of 5 stars From birth onwards, 1 Aug 2014
This review is from: Lamaze Jacques the Peacock (Baby Product)
This has been my little one's fave toy for a long time, he loved when he was too small to hold it, he loved it when he worked out he could make it rattle, he loved chewing it when he started to teeth, he still just enjoys playing with it.

Bright, fun and really tactile. It is great quality, can survive the washing machine! The clip means you can take it anywhere and attach to anything. A really brilliant and well thought out toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 11 Sep 2008
Craig Morris "Abby" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Jacques the Peacock (Baby Product)
my daughter is 3 months old and although she looks at toys she has never really explored them. I saw the jacques peacock on a buggy in town and the mum said she brough it from amazon.
Well it arrived this morning and my baby as not put it down! shes grabbing it, putting it in her mouth, kicking it, crinkling it, batting it with her hands.... best toy i've brought so far!!
would definaley recommend this toy for a young baby!
Abby

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Lamaze!, 17 Nov 2009
This review is from: Lamaze Jacques the Peacock (Baby Product)
My daughter (now 7 months) has had this toy from birth and loves chewing his wings, and playing with the crinkly fabric! However this toy really came into it's own when I had to get my daughter off to sleep in the buggy - she was really upset and overtired, so I decided to hook Jacques onto the hood of the buggy - she stopped crying immediately and was soon fast asleep watching him sway about. I've used Jacques ever since when my daughter has to sleep when we are out and about and he has never let us down yet. Brilliant!

Lamaze Jacques the Peacock