5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, the old-school! Classics!
This has been a delightful stroll down Memory Lane.
I was excited to get hold of this, because it included some games I remember from years ago, when I used to have the now-obsolete SEGA Master System II and when I used to play some of these games with a friend at his house.
Now, I have all those games and more on my own PC, thanks to this brilliant...
Published on 31 Dec 2007 by DEC Normington

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother with this
Published 6 days ago by Does it matter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, the old-school! Classics!, 31 Dec 2007
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
This has been a delightful stroll down Memory Lane.
Now, I have all those games and more on my own PC, thanks to this brilliant collection!
Sure enough, I haven't figured out how to unlock the locked games yet, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the games I have been able to play and indeed - these were good old days! Sonic the Hedgehog may be in 3D these days, but he started out big with these games!
I also love those special features, like the publicity and comic art also available on this disc.
To anybody who is any sort of Sonic fan, I recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classics return..., 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
Relive those days of controller gnashing frustration in Windows 7.
Excellent, stable, fast collection of classic hedgehog shenanigans.
Works fine under Win7 x86 and x64.
For those having Win 7 issues:-
i] Install as admin.
ii] Set megacollectionplus.exe and configurater.exe to run as admin & WinXP SP3 compatibility.
iii] Run configurater and setup your keys.
iv] Run megacollection, job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars sonic speed, 18 Sep 2012
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
Amazing number of sonic games just remember to keep an eye on the clock because once you start playing this time seems to fly.10/10****

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhh ze classics. I feel 10 years old again!, 15 July 2011
Helen Yates "ecco1983" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
Even thought I have the first four Sonic games for the Nintendo DS, it feels so nice to have them as well as a few others on the PC. Yes, some of the games are locked but you can save your progress on the games you play (which is very handy especially for games like Sonic Spinball). Retro to the Max! Any true Sonic fans with a PC should get this :-)

I do have some advice though. It seems that some reviewers can install the game but it won't play. I had the same problem. We installed it on 3 different computers (two high spec computer and an old small laptop) and it only worked on the laptop. After a while, we figured out this. There is a requirement of 3.2GB space on your hard disk/drive. The problem is if you have MORE than this on yout hard drive, IT..WILL.....NOT...WORK! The reason it did not work on two of the computers we tested was that they had 4GB space and the laptop had a measley 2GB space. If you can afford to do this (ie it won't affect your other games), reduce your disk space to 2GB and try the game then. We did and now it works perfectly!

Of course, this advice won't work for everyone. I guess in the end, it depends if you think playing this space is worth reducing your hard drive space.

Have fun :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother with this, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
Game installed but would not run on my 64 bit system. If you want to play sonic then I recommened buying "SEGA Mega Drive - Gold Collection (PC CD)". This installed and played first time with no problems so now we can play sonic on the pc just like we did back in the days of the megadrive. To make it even better buy a usb megadrive control pad convertor then you can even play with the original megadrive control pads on the pc.

1.0 out of 5 stars odd, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
Once again a waste of money but worth the expensive to have my grand-daughter at me and my attempt to get in on the game scene (not)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
I loved this when it was first out . A disappointment does not work well on my PC , very hit and miss

5.0 out of 5 stars PC game, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
I bought this game as I missed it when it first came out. It works fine on my laptop.
It is good fun if you have a moment or two to waste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why some people maybe having problems with the game., 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
I bought the game and unfortunately I cant play it after a bit of research I found out a few things.

Somethings are you might have to change the compatibility to run the game if you have a different Operating System.
Another reason is that you might have too much memory in your computer (My Problem) Got a Brand new computer On Monday and to play the game I have to take some Memory out (I wont be doing just for this game). Unfortunate but I know the games are good and would still recommend just make sure you read the specs first before you go buying the game and complain it doesn't work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Game for my 11yr old son, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
very intertaining, good graphics, fast game, delivery time was swift, enojoyed playing an old favourite! still fun now, enjoyed by older generation as well as the new!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD)
Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) by Avanquest Software (Windows XP)
9.16