5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, the old-school! Classics!
This has been a delightful stroll down Memory Lane.
I was excited to get hold of this, because it included some games I remember from years ago, when I used to have the now-obsolete SEGA Master System II and when I used to play some of these games with a friend at his house.
Now, I have all those games and more on my own PC, thanks to this brilliant...
Published on 31 Dec. 2007 by DEC Normington

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother with this
Published 10 months ago by Does it matter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, the old-school! Classics!, 31 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
This has been a delightful stroll down Memory Lane.
Now, I have all those games and more on my own PC, thanks to this brilliant collection!
Sure enough, I haven't figured out how to unlock the locked games yet, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the games I have been able to play and indeed - these were good old days! Sonic the Hedgehog may be in 3D these days, but he started out big with these games!
I also love those special features, like the publicity and comic art also available on this disc.
To anybody who is any sort of Sonic fan, I recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classics return..., 11 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
Relive those days of controller gnashing frustration in Windows 7.
Excellent, stable, fast collection of classic hedgehog shenanigans.
Works fine under Win7 x86 and x64.
For those having Win 7 issues:-
i] Install as admin.
ii] Set megacollectionplus.exe and configurater.exe to run as admin & WinXP SP3 compatibility.
iii] Run configurater and setup your keys.
iv] Run megacollection, job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why some people maybe having problems with the game., 6 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
I bought the game and unfortunately I cant play it after a bit of research I found out a few things.

Somethings are you might have to change the compatibility to run the game if you have a different Operating System.
Another reason is that you might have too much memory in your computer (My Problem) Got a Brand new computer On Monday and to play the game I have to take some Memory out (I wont be doing just for this game). Unfortunate but I know the games are good and would still recommend just make sure you read the specs first before you go buying the game and complain it doesn't work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Collection! Bonus games are really worth it, but one rare gem is still missing, 1 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
The Sonic Mega collection is an absolute gem of a collection of Sonic games from those days on the Mega Drive. I almost overlooked this game myself having almost all the Sonic games on my mega drive. But what swung it was the extras and I can tell you that there is more here than the description says:

Yes there are all the main sonic games that are described, sonic 1, sonic2, sonic 3, sonic and knuckles, sonic 3D and spinball but there are unlockable extra sonic games...SPOILERS...you actually end up unlocking the games you could play on the old mega drive when pushing another cartridge into the sonic and knuckles cartridge, these are Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Blue Sphere (which you got when locking Sonic 1 into the sonic and knuckles cartridge). This is pretty much the ONLY mega drive collection I've come across that lets you play these lock on games, but to unlock them you have to play for a long time collectively.

I'm not sure exactly how many hours I played before these extra games became available but it took quite a few hours of collective game play. Eventually you also end up unlocking another sega classic called Vectorman, a game that has nothing to do with Sonic. It's actually disappointing that they put in the game Vectorman as I was expecting to unlock that rare gem Knuckles Chaotix (which was a 32bit game you could get for the mega drive) but this game doesn't exist in the Mega Collection and that spoils it a bit for me.

Every game has special help and cheats but these only become available after you have played a game for at least 3 hours. These cheats are pretty much the same ones that were originally in the games and they all do work but you have to work out which buttons are which if you use a keyboard, as for me AB and C were AS and Z I think (I'll edit this when I check the exact keys). The only cheat that didn't seem to work was a cheat for selecting a stage in Sonic and Knuckles.

One GREAT feature that was missing from mega drive games is the ability to save your progress. At any time you can pause the game and bring up the pause menu. (enter pauses the game but the pause menu button is backspace) You can save your progress wherever you are and being on a pc you have lots of saves available (I have saved 20 games so far and still there is more space). This means that in those final sonic zones such as death egg where there are no rings you can save every time you hit robotnik and load a game when you die rather than retrying the level over and over. I certainly used this save feature to keep going back and get those chaos emeralds.

As for the Game Gear games, you have to play these games a lot to unlock bonus game gear games and as yet I haven't played them for long enough. Will edit this when I do to add extra info about the extra games.

The extras are some comics to look at and the videos show you the process of creating the sonic heroes intro movies. There don't seem to be any more unlocked items in this section which is also a shame as there's not as much extra content as you would have hoped for.

Despite the lack of Knuckles Chaotix and the confusion over the keyboard keys to use I'd still recommend this to anyone who's into retro sonic. It really is worth it with the added lock on games and the ability to save mid-level, even if you still own the original games.

5.0 out of 5 stars sonic speed, 18 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
Amazing number of sonic games just remember to keep an eye on the clock because once you start playing this time seems to fly.10/10****

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhh ze classics. I feel 10 years old again!, 15 July 2011
Helen Yates "ecco1983" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
Even thought I have the first four Sonic games for the Nintendo DS, it feels so nice to have them as well as a few others on the PC. Yes, some of the games are locked but you can save your progress on the games you play (which is very handy especially for games like Sonic Spinball). Retro to the Max! Any true Sonic fans with a PC should get this :-)

I do have some advice though. It seems that some reviewers can install the game but it won't play. I had the same problem. We installed it on 3 different computers (two high spec computer and an old small laptop) and it only worked on the laptop. After a while, we figured out this. There is a requirement of 3.2GB space on your hard disk/drive. The problem is if you have MORE than this on yout hard drive, IT..WILL.....NOT...WORK! The reason it did not work on two of the computers we tested was that they had 4GB space and the laptop had a measley 2GB space. If you can afford to do this (ie it won't affect your other games), reduce your disk space to 2GB and try the game then. We did and now it works perfectly!

Of course, this advice won't work for everyone. I guess in the end, it depends if you think playing this space is worth reducing your hard drive space.

Have fun :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother with this, 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
Game installed but would not run on my 64 bit system. If you want to play sonic then I recommened buying "SEGA Mega Drive - Gold Collection (PC CD)". This installed and played first time with no problems so now we can play sonic on the pc just like we did back in the days of the megadrive. To make it even better buy a usb megadrive control pad convertor then you can even play with the original megadrive control pads on the pc.

1.0 out of 5 stars odd, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
Once again a waste of money but worth the expensive to have my grand-daughter at me and my attempt to get in on the game scene (not)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
I loved this when it was first out . A disappointment does not work well on my PC , very hit and miss

5.0 out of 5 stars PC game, 7 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) (CD-ROM)
I bought this game as I missed it when it first came out. It works fine on my laptop.
It is good fun if you have a moment or two to waste.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD)
Sonic Mega Collection (PC DVD) by Avanquest Software (Windows XP)
Used & New from: £0.01