5.0 out of 5 stars At long last!, 10 Nov 2006
This review is from: Toyah! Toyah! Toyah! Live (Audio CD)
I first heard this album by chance just a couple of weeks after it was released. I was 16 at the time and it was just one of a stack of records I'd borrowed from the local library. I'd never heard of Toyah, and in fact I'd only borrowed it because I really liked the cover, (to this day it still remains one of my all time favourite record sleeves).

Listening to it was an absolute revelation for me as I'd never heard music like it before. I'd been enjoying Prog music like Genesis and King Crimson for years and didn't really listen to anything else. I also never listened to music radio, read the music papers, or watched Top Of The Pops, so I had no idea of what was going on in the post-punk music world.

Thanks to this album I actively sought out new music to listen to, and soon I was enjoying bands like Magazine and Siouxsie And The Banshees, as well as all the old Prog stuff, which I'll always love. I even discovered a wonderful DJ called John Peel who played all kinds of weird and wonderful music on his late night Radio One show. It was a very exciting time for me, and it was all thanks to this one amazing album.

Right from the opening chords of "Victims Of The Riddle" you can tell there's a musical treat heading your way. The music is raw, but the quality of the recording is absolutely top notch, in fact it's one of the best live recordings I've ever heard. The band itself sound incredibly tight, and Toyah's voice has never been better. Apparently she was pretty exhausted around the time of this concert but you can't tell, if anything she sounds like she's having the time of her life, especially during the hyperactive version of" Tribal Look".

This new version of the album comes with eight extra tracks not included on the original release, four of which were recorded during the 1982 Changeling tour. To be honest these four extra "Changeling" tracks don't really do much for me. It's not because they're bad as such, it's just that they obviously belong on a re-release of Warrior Rock and not on this album. Toyah Toyah Toyah is such a unique snapshot of the band performing as they did in 1980 that even tracks from just two years later seem really out of place.

Anyway if you want to hear Toyah live and at their very pre-pop best get yourself a copy of this album right away. In fact get two, as you'll wear the first one out in about a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toyah! Toyah! Toyah!, 25 Oct 2008
This review is from: Toyah! Toyah! Toyah! Live (Audio CD)
I bought this album in 1981 after being introduced to Toyah's music via 'Four From Toyah' and 'Anthem'. It is such a good live album and beats anything that came after 1982's 'The Changeling'. The live versions of 'Danced' and 'Ieya' are so much better than the original studio versions from 1979 and 1980 respectively. 'Victim of The Riddle' is also an excellent into. This collection together with extras from 1981 and 1982 will probably surprise anyone who only knows Toyah for her pop hits and was a revelation to me in 1981. Great to listen to it all over again on cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly good, 1 Sep 2008
This review is from: Toyah! Toyah! Toyah! Live (Audio CD)
I have played this album regularly for over twenty years. I think that says it all really. I gave a copy to my mate who is seriously into rock and seriously dismissive of Toyah, he gave it back and grudgingly agreed it was pretty cool. I believe he now has his own copy

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Classic :), 26 Oct 2011
This review is from: Toyah! Toyah! Toyah! Live (Audio CD)
I first bought this on vinyl after seeing a documentary of the same name(why is that not available on dvd?) and was totally blown away. This is the ultimate Toyah album and everyone should have a copy. Really can't see the point of adding later live recordings that's just silly. This is still as magical and special as it was back in 1980 so if you don't have it get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars another fabulous Toyah release, 2 Jan 2010
This review is from: Toyah! Toyah! Toyah! Live (Audio CD)
I owned this album when it was a new release on Safari Records, a label I originally got turned onto via my collecting the greatest of the early punk stars, Wayne County(who is now Jayne County),who also recorded for Safari.
Toyah delivers a great 'live' show on this CD, before her big Top 40 hits happened; I reccomend it to everyone@

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
love it

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous early Toyah, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Toyah! Toyah! Toyah! Live (Audio CD)
Fabulous live album, early Toyah at it`s best, remember watching the tv documentary of these concerts and transports me back to the Toyah concerts attended in the early eighties, fantastic memories!

5.0 out of 5 stars c d, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Toyah! Toyah! Toyah! Live (Audio CD)
very good c d made when music was misic not like todays rubbish when I say rubbish I mean rubbish

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Toyah! Toyah! Toyah! Live (Audio CD)
What can be said about this recording? Have it on vinyl where it sounds AWESOME, and this is nearly as good (but can be played in the car). Toyah and the band at their best and one of the finest live recordings I have heard, capturing the raw power of the gig. Probably the best rendition of Ieya recorded. The Warrior Rock recording is nearly as good, so this aptitude for the live recording must have something to do with how good the band were as a live unit.
Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIVE TAKE US, 18 Oct 2009
Cic "Manuel Seuwin" (france) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toyah! Toyah! Toyah! Live (Audio CD)
HERE is the best live from TOYAH for me ..good voices ?good sounds .And we have some 5 bonus songs on this last version...great
manuel

Toyah! Toyah! Toyah! Live
Toyah! Toyah! Toyah! Live by Toyah (Audio CD - 2006)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available