on 6 June 2013
Whilst the supplier service was fine and the product appears to work, I got too much audio interference when using one channel which could not be resolved by changing scart leads or removing the second channel lead, however I can't tell for sure whether this is due to the splitter itself or the tv input scart socket, hence I did not return the product. The scart leads appear to be fine. I therefore cannot recommend this product.
on 9 March 2011
when buying this item i was looking for something to plug my ps3 and xbox into my TV, the statement i left below led me to believe that this is the product i have been looking for, it was not, all i got was sound and no picture. after contacting the company i found out that the description is mis-leading. since buying it and talking to the company i have had an electrician look at it and tell me the wiring is knackered and it is un-repairable. some people have left good reviews, i do not know what to say about it, but i am very very disappointed.

"This 2 Way SCART Splitter can be used to connect two devices to a single SCART input e.g. VCR and DVD player to a TV. Because it is non-switched, when using one device the other should be in standby mode."
on 29 April 2013
The phrase "you get what you pay for," is certainly true of this item... First off, let me say, it WAS promptly delivered & adequately packaged but that's as far as I'm prepared to go on the plus side... Upon unpacking, I immediately connected the item for the use I'd bought it for. Unfortunately, one of the appliances (a set top freeview box) I connected did not send any signal, whatsoever, to my TV. I upgraded the Scart lead I was using but still no signal/picture received. Moreover, the other item I connected to the Scart splitter (my blu-ray player) only displayed a 'scrambled' picture of the blu-ray-disc I was using to test the Splitter connection. Further, upon removing the Scart lead from the blue ray player and then the Scart splitter, the whole thing literally 'fell apart!' The chromium band around the Scart input came out with the Scart and the casing also split at the same time!

So, all I can say with any honesty is: "Caveat emptor!"
on 1 March 2010
Just to make buyers aware, the product photo is not the actual product.

This two-way SCART splitter is just too cheap to be any good, very tacky feeling, brittle poor quality plastic, completely unbranded, two SCART sockets that actually 'give' a little when you plug your cables in, and poor quality scratched silver connectors make for a temperamental splitter that randomly switches between active and non-active sources. When you wiggle or even touch any part of the cable on the box lots of random noise and lines appear all over the image and the aspect ratio can suddenly change for no reason. This is on top of the general extra signal noise that appears on the inputs when they're routed through this splitter.

Unfortunately, practically useless, and spending an extra few quid on a branded product, seems to be in this case, the way to go.
on 3 October 2014
I should have paid more attention to other reviewers!! This is truly hopeless. I bought it to connect a Freeview box and a DVD player to a TV which has only one SCART. With the DVD on standby, as recommended in the product description here on Amazon, the picture quality of channels watched via Freeview dropped dramatically, and there was no sound whatsoever. Even switching off the power completely from the DVD didn't help the sound on Freeview. So it's back to the minor hassle of having to remove the SCART from the TV when we want to use the DVD rather than the Freeview box. It simply isn't worth returning the hassle of packing up this and queuing at the Post Office to return this; however, I would advise others to avoid this, and pay a bit more for a switched splitter!
on 1 November 2013
the case broke within mintues of being opened the fitting to the telly was very loose the picture through the dvd player woblbled I would send it back but it would cost a lot more to do that than it cost to buy very dissapointed
on 19 October 2015
i bought this splitter for use with my retro games systems i expected only a 2 scart imput device but recieved one with 3. It also is an automatic splitter which means no messing around behind the tv when switching between systems and for the price im pretty happy as other auto scart splitters were far more expensive. Before purchasing this splitter i had read through all the negative reviews and having now tested one myself i can say for me there was no loss of sound with 2 systems plugged in(snes and gamecube) and no noticeable reduction in picture quality thus far im pretty happy with it especially given the price
on 26 October 2013
cable is not long enough and then could not get any sound even though sky box and DVD player and Tv all worfed fine before and after disconnecting!!!!!!
Cheap and nasty!!!!
on 11 March 2015
Noticeably reduced the quality of the picture. You could see obvious fuzz in the picture, as if it were analogue tv. It does warn that the other item should be switched off, but not only was the other item not even plugged into the wall, it also was not plugged into the Splitter. It would seem the loss of quality happened purely because the signal had to pass through the splitter. However, in fairness to the supplier, they gave me a full refund, no questions asked, and even refunded the postage without objection, which is admirable. Maybe just buy a more expensive splitter from this company.
on 12 November 2013
Bought this product as new tv only had 1 scart connection but when i plug in twin scart DVD player cuts out even when my free view box is on standby