4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good
I don't really understand what the other 2 reviewers who gave it low ratings are complaining about? Installs quickly and is pretty straight forward, easy to uninstall from the system, takes up not that much resources and has a great interface. Great Product overall, however there is one minor issue which is why i did not give it five stars.

When you write...
Published on 22 May 2008 by A. Wojciech

1.0 out of 5 stars Think twice before buying it...
You might want to spare yourself the grief that I had to go through after spending over £400 pounds for a program that does not run after install and reboot. It just freezes on first startup, no matter what you do, and even after applying both 8.1.1 and 8.1.2 patches from adobe.

This is absolutely unbelievable!!!

Going through the adobe user forum...
Published on 12 Mar 2008 by Neo

1.0 out of 5 stars Think twice before buying it..., 12 Mar 2008
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional (PC) (CD-ROM)

This is absolutely unbelievable!!!

Going through the adobe user forum for acrobat 8 pro, this problem have been going on since Feb 2007. I can't believe that this is supposed to be a "professional" product.

There is apparently a fix now for vista but I won't bet my money on it.. Win 2000 and Xp users still have no fix. Doesn't matter if you have the latest service packs and updates. Doesn't matter how you install it. None of the tech-support suggestions work. I've even gone to the extent of reinstalling windows XP and making sure there isn't any other conflicting applications or antivirus software. Waste of time.

Worst of all is that you cannot uninstall it either. None of the "methods" on the adobe support site works. All 1 GB of the full install. Stuck on my hard disk. Paid £400 to download junk code on to my hard disk!!! Makes me feel like a real idiot!!! This is a first after using computers for 15 years.

This is the last time I'll be buying anything from Adobe. This release clearly has not been beta-tested in the real world setting, despite targeting the enterprise market.

I would give this minus 5 stars, if that was possible!!!. I've never felt so cheated before in my life!!!

You've been warned.

PS The Adobe Acrobat 8 licensing service patch for Windows Vista work for me on my Windows XP with SP2, if you cannot get to the product activation window on first start-up.

Once I installed the patch, I could complete the activation process and Acrobat 8 Pro works normally now.

However, other users (including Vista) still seems to have problems. Looks like this patch will only work for systems that "freeze" just before the activation screen.

Good-luck

1.0 out of 5 stars Scanning problems, 30 Jun 2008
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional (PC) (CD-ROM)
Like some of the posters above I feel completely cheated with the Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. I could not get it to work on Dell PC which was pre-set with Vista so went on to my other Dell PC which has XP.

When scanning documents using an Epson DX4400 printer/scanner if I quickly click on the the scan tab on screen I might be lucky and get the scanner to work but even then after a few scans I get an Adobe error report saying the programme will have to end and do I want to send an error report etc. etc.

I would like to give Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional a minus rating but that is not an option on this site. The product is pure crap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 22 May 2008
A. Wojciech - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional (PC) (CD-ROM)

When you write click on a file and select 'produce PDF', it gives me an unexpected error. This does not bother me because if you load up the document first and then produce PDF from the print options, it works fine and does what is says on the tin.

Program does not freeze when I use it although i do not know if this is an isolated bug or a more common bug with the unexpected error.

However, apart from that, no problems so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars Predictably poor, 16 Dec 2006
Portaderry (Derry, N Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional (PC) (CD-ROM)
Essentially, this program used to generate PDF files, should be without flaws. The concept to combining pictures, documents etc and making comments seemlessly in one file, is an ability which must be respected in this age of computing and all its incompatibilities.

However, Adobe software is notoriously unstable. Even the Reader with this program crashed frequently. I'm not sure why exactly this is, maybe Adobe themselves know. There seems to be endless problems with existing version 5,6 files. But two things are for sure. This version 8 is very unreliable to the business user and far far too expensive, especially when there are sister prorams from other companies which do the job much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 April 2008
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional (PC) (CD-ROM)
Excellent piece of software, did exactly what it said and solved all my problems.

Can take up quite a bit of system resources but as long as you make sure it is compatible with your system you should not have a problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but expensive, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional (PC) (CD-ROM)
A good piece of software, 1 star shot purely because it is so over priced. That said it does a lot better than cheaper alternatives at this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivered as promised, 5 May 2009
Pk Parr - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional (PC) (CD-ROM)
The product was delivered as good as new, without any issues. Will use the vendor again.

Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional (PC)
Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional (PC) by Adobe Systems Inc. (Windows 2000 / XP)
Out of stock