5.0 out of 5 stars The best speakers for your MP3 player that money can buy
Published on 24 Sep 2006 by I don't have a pen name

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good with iPod Touch
This is the second iPod docking station/speaker unit I have bought over the last few weeks. While the design is very nice, the build quality very high and the sound produced by the speakers also very good, I was upset to find it so difficult to use with my iPod Touch!

Published on 2 Jun 2008 by Lee Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars The best speakers for your MP3 player that money can buy, 24 Sep 2006
I don't have a pen name "the_metro_area" (West London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I'd been happy playing my MP3 player through my home separates but unsightly trailing cables made me think I should invest in a quality speaker dock to give my iRiver a better home. I did my research in the usual department stores to see what was on offer. Everyone raves about Bose and although it's designed for the iPod I thought I'd check this out as a benchmark, to be honest I found the sound quality didn't warrant the 250 price tag. I also checked out the Monitor Audio iDeck which was excellent, though I found it a little too bassy. Which brings me on the iGroove, I find it hard not to wax lyrical about it. The design is gorgeous, a gloss black curved design which will add style to any room, but this isn't style over substance. I find it hard to believe that such a well-balanced room filling sound can come from such a compact bit of kit. I'm jealous of the functionality the remote brings to the iPod as once plugged into the dock it will charge your iPod and enable you to skip tracks. If like me you have another brand of mp3 then you have a cradle to plug in and a headphone plug to put in your player, it might sound a little indiscreet but it works and looks fine with my H10. My one regret? I wish I'd checked Amazon as I ended up paying over 200 on the high street.

Update Nov 2007 - My iGroove is still going strong, not found anything that compares in sound quality and I can be smug everytime I see people floating around the 200+ Bose in John Lewis. Price has gone down over 50% since last year, it was a great buy then, now it's just a steal!

Update Mar 2010 - Still going strong and sounding as good as ever! The other half has just got a 5th Gen Nano so going to try and get the latest adaptor for it

5.0 out of 5 stars M Turner, 3 Jan 2007
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
This speaker system is amazing! I can't believe that this sound quality and stylish design can be bought for the price. Don't think about looking elsewhere, just buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every home should have one!!, 22 Jun 2007
J. Carr "johnc" (Yorkshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
The Klipsch iGroove iPod speaker dock is a true rival to the more commonly aspired to Bose Sound dock system and sits equal or better on all fronts. The high level of sound quality has to heard to be believed, it really is that good. It also looks cosmetically pleasing and would sit comfortably in any surroundings. Fully charges all iPods and was designed with them in mind so there are small cradle brackets supplied for all types of iPods from Nano to 80GB New generation.

Once again Amazon have come up with a market leading price of 99.99 which in my opinion makes this a fully qualified no brainer!!!

If you are still in two minds about purchasing then don't be, just buy it and enjoy!!! You will not be dissapointed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Klipsch Ipod iGroove - PURE QUALITY!, 4 Jan 2007
D. Lessman "DarrenL" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I must admit, I love my gadgets and bits and when I was bought a video ipod 5th Gen for my birthday, I then wanted all the accessories to go with it! I am no expert in sound, but did my research on the internet for a sound system to play my ipod on at home.

Basing my judgment in looks and cost rather than sound quality, I narrowed my selection down to the Bose (a make I have heard of and synonymous for quality) and the Klipsch iGroove. I went to the Apple Store in London and saw the Bose system and thought the sound quality was rather tinny and looks were not actually that great. Therefore I plumped for the Klipsch. BOY am I pleased I did!

Not only does the iGroove HG ooze quality and style but the sound quality - even to my untrained ear - is amazing. And with a price tag of [...] cheaper than the Bose, I would recommend this product to anyone searching for a quality sound system to play your favourite tunes!

Easy to assemble, all the extra bits to play any ipod on it and even other mp3 players have been considered and a extra attachment is provided. It's so easy to use and charges as well! Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Sound Quality, 6 Dec 2006
Martin J. Stanton (Lutterworth, Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I had never heard of Klipsch before so ordering this was a bit of a chance, normally I stick to well known/regarded brands. The sound quality of this is really quite outstanding for the price.

It feels like a quality product, works beautifully and looks pretty swoopy too.

We bought this for our dining room so that we can have background music while we eat with friends, what is really impressive is that the richness off both bass and treble still gets through at very low volumes.

The little remote control is neat and does all the things that you need to do without cluttering up the dinner table.

The only minor criticism is that the glossy black finish does show the dust quite a bit, but then its black & its shiny, what should I expect!!

All in all an excellent purchase with which I am extremely pleased.

Oh, and thanks Amazon for next day delivery at 0800 prompt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best on the Market?, 2 May 2007
A. Malone (Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I have had my i-groove for 4 months now and it has totally changed the way i listen to music. The ultra expensive Technics seperates have been boxed and stored away in the loft!

Soundwise it is excellent with a rich harmonic room filling sound. Even at low volumes it can be heard upstairs!

My only slight gripe is when its cranked, the i-pod vibrates against the dock which can be heard quite significantly. That is why i wont give it 5 stars.

Overall i would say it is fantastic value for money and sounds slightly better than the Bose version. (my friend has one)

I say buy one, you will not be dissapointed :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamble that paid off, 11 Mar 2007
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I bought this for my husband's birthday and I wavered between the Bose system and this one. Not knowing the brand it felt like a huge gamble. The sound quality is superb and costing a lot less than the Bose it represents very good value for money. I liked its simple design and the fact that it could take a variety of MP3 players. I don't think in the twenty years that I have known my other half that I have ever felt quite as nervous of his reaction to a present as when he opened the box and went "Klipsch who?". At that stage all I had to trust was Amazon and other websites reviewers however it looks like he loves his new toy and my mariage is still intact.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!! Get some, 28 Feb 2007
Mrs. P. A. Holloway "Mrs Fidge" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I was un-decided whether to go with the Bose or these - well as they were a birthday gift for myself I chose to save money - aren't I glad, these are absolutely fantastic, worth every penny. My two teenage kids have asked for these for Christmas (just tells you how loud they go). The sound is terrific even at high volume. What I especially like about these speakers is your ipod is nestled in the speakers all neat and tidy and not jutting out the top just waiting to be snapped off. If anyone is undecided go with these - you wont be sorry

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good with iPod Touch, 2 Jun 2008
Lee Lawson (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)

The description says it's compatible with the Touch however it is very difficult to get it in and out due to two rubber grips on the speakers, and if you push it in too far you cannot use the remote control! The design of the ipod docking interface is not suitable for the Touch, although it does work with some fiddling. Also the remote control does not control the screen of the Touch so you need to switch between the iPod and the remote quite often.

I would definitely keep this if I had a Nano etc, but anyone with a Touch should go elsewhere as it's just too annoying trying to connect it up.

lee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best In Class (By Far)!!!, 7 Nov 2007
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I won't bore you with the details & the vast amounts of money I've spent on this slippery slope to 'Portable' Audiophilia. Countless numbers of Earphones, Portable Amps, quality OFC Cables & Interconnects etc.... I'm still no Audiophile in the true sense of the word but I'm striving to be & I know good quality sound in audio products.

As with most of the reviewers I do the legwork & research in all that I buy & I've made mistakes. I've had the diffent MP3 players from entry level to an ipod with huge capacity for lossless format. I've had many different earphones and buds (now use AKG K701's at home & Shure SE530's or Q-Jays on the go). Many different portable amps from basic cMoy's through to Practical Divices's excellent XM4 (WhiteCat Upgrade) and Lina Audiophile's XO. However, finding something to make the most of my portable stored music in the home (lounge) has been my most recent project.

I like the 'hands on' approach and wanted to do a bit of research before spending on this product. The reasons for this are two-fold, firstly & most importantly the sound in comparison to other docks and secondly the aesthetics. I mention the looks because most speaker docks are plastic & cheap looking, this is the polar opposite. It is gloss black which resembles the finish you might see on a very expensive Grande Piano. It's not really a cheap portable system to be picked up and taken to the beach, it was made to fit into surroundings like a lounge and admired for both quality of sound and appearence. I digress.... so I trawled every electrical store that boasts speaker Docks on demo ipod in hand. I tried them all. Some with ok sound, some poor sound, some looked ok, some looked cheap & nasty and in between there were every combination of the above.

Save your self time, effort and a heap of cash and buy this. Nothing comes close on sound quality, not even the 'Prodical' Bose Soundock. Plus nothing comes within a mile of the beautiful quality, classy looks either.

I digress again.... Back to the sound. Clarity + depth are something most docks lack, they seem to have 'either' 'or', this has both in spades. I predominantly rip my CD's at lossless or 320kbps at the very least & listening through this is like listening to a much larger (quality) hi-fi system. Friends on seeing and hearing it for the first time could not believe that just this small unit could fill a room with such detailed warm sound, most have now got one themselves.

As with the previous reviewer I always have a smile to myself when I see guys hanging or lusting around the Bose in the Department Stores because I bought this for half the price of the Bose and it's got a better quality sound (by far)........ It's not the perfect dock (no such thing yet) it doesn't connect to PC for syncing or TV for watching Movies/Videos so flexibility is limited. But if quality sound is your bag & you want something more beautiful & perminant to fit in with existing surroundings this is as good as it gets, it is superb.

Just for reference, Klipsch have been manufacturing Hi End Speakers & Monitors in the USA for some years now (about 30 years?? don't quote me!) and although not particularly well known here (yet) are held in high regard as up there with the best of them in the US. Get on Google and check them out, even their website is total class!!!