5.0 out of 5 stars The best speakers for your MP3 player that money can buy
Published on 24 Sept. 2006 by I don't have a pen name

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmmm
Published on 18 Dec. 2009 by LifeGoesOn

5.0 out of 5 stars The best speakers for your MP3 player that money can buy, 24 Sept. 2006
I don't have a pen name "the_metro_area" (West London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I'd been happy playing my MP3 player through my home separates but unsightly trailing cables made me think I should invest in a quality speaker dock to give my iRiver a better home. I did my research in the usual department stores to see what was on offer. Everyone raves about Bose and although it's designed for the iPod I thought I'd check this out as a benchmark, to be honest I found the sound quality didn't warrant the £250 price tag. I also checked out the Monitor Audio iDeck which was excellent, though I found it a little too bassy. Which brings me on the iGroove, I find it hard not to wax lyrical about it. The design is gorgeous, a gloss black curved design which will add style to any room, but this isn't style over substance. I find it hard to believe that such a well-balanced room filling sound can come from such a compact bit of kit. I'm jealous of the functionality the remote brings to the iPod as once plugged into the dock it will charge your iPod and enable you to skip tracks. If like me you have another brand of mp3 then you have a cradle to plug in and a headphone plug to put in your player, it might sound a little indiscreet but it works and looks fine with my H10. My one regret? I wish I'd checked Amazon as I ended up paying over £200 on the high street.

Update Nov 2007 - My iGroove is still going strong, not found anything that compares in sound quality and I can be smug everytime I see people floating around the £200+ Bose in John Lewis. Price has gone down over 50% since last year, it was a great buy then, now it's just a steal!

Update Mar 2010 - Still going strong and sounding as good as ever! The other half has just got a 5th Gen Nano so going to try and get the latest adaptor for it

5.0 out of 5 stars Every home should have one!!, 22 Jun. 2007
John "John" (Yorkshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
The Klipsch iGroove iPod speaker dock is a true rival to the more commonly aspired to Bose Sound dock system and sits equal or better on all fronts. The high level of sound quality has to heard to be believed, it really is that good. It also looks cosmetically pleasing and would sit comfortably in any surroundings. Fully charges all iPods and was designed with them in mind so there are small cradle brackets supplied for all types of iPods from Nano to 80GB New generation.

Once again Amazon have come up with a market leading price of £99.99 which in my opinion makes this a fully qualified no brainer!!!

If you are still in two minds about purchasing then don't be, just buy it and enjoy!!! You will not be dissapointed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars M Turner, 3 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
This speaker system is amazing! I can't believe that this sound quality and stylish design can be bought for the price. Don't think about looking elsewhere, just buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Klipsch Ipod iGroove - PURE QUALITY!, 4 Jan. 2007
D. Lessman "DarrenL" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I must admit, I love my gadgets and bits and when I was bought a video ipod 5th Gen for my birthday, I then wanted all the accessories to go with it! I am no expert in sound, but did my research on the internet for a sound system to play my ipod on at home.

Basing my judgment in looks and cost rather than sound quality, I narrowed my selection down to the Bose (a make I have heard of and synonymous for quality) and the Klipsch iGroove. I went to the Apple Store in London and saw the Bose system and thought the sound quality was rather tinny and looks were not actually that great. Therefore I plumped for the Klipsch. BOY am I pleased I did!

Not only does the iGroove HG ooze quality and style but the sound quality - even to my untrained ear - is amazing. And with a price tag of £[...] cheaper than the Bose, I would recommend this product to anyone searching for a quality sound system to play your favourite tunes!

Easy to assemble, all the extra bits to play any ipod on it and even other mp3 players have been considered and a extra attachment is provided. It's so easy to use and charges as well! Definitely recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best on the Market?, 2 May 2007
A. Malone (Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I have had my i-groove for 4 months now and it has totally changed the way i listen to music. The ultra expensive Technics seperates have been boxed and stored away in the loft!

Soundwise it is excellent with a rich harmonic room filling sound. Even at low volumes it can be heard upstairs!

My only slight gripe is when its cranked, the i-pod vibrates against the dock which can be heard quite significantly. That is why i wont give it 5 stars.

Overall i would say it is fantastic value for money and sounds slightly better than the Bose version. (my friend has one)

I say buy one, you will not be dissapointed :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Sound Quality, 6 Dec. 2006
Martin J. Stanton (Lutterworth, Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I had never heard of Klipsch before so ordering this was a bit of a chance, normally I stick to well known/regarded brands. The sound quality of this is really quite outstanding for the price.

It feels like a quality product, works beautifully and looks pretty swoopy too.

We bought this for our dining room so that we can have background music while we eat with friends, what is really impressive is that the richness off both bass and treble still gets through at very low volumes.

The little remote control is neat and does all the things that you need to do without cluttering up the dinner table.

The only minor criticism is that the glossy black finish does show the dust quite a bit, but then its black & its shiny, what should I expect!!

All in all an excellent purchase with which I am extremely pleased.

Oh, and thanks Amazon for next day delivery at 0800 prompt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamble that paid off, 11 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I bought this for my husband's birthday and I wavered between the Bose system and this one. Not knowing the brand it felt like a huge gamble. The sound quality is superb and costing a lot less than the Bose it represents very good value for money. I liked its simple design and the fact that it could take a variety of MP3 players. I don't think in the twenty years that I have known my other half that I have ever felt quite as nervous of his reaction to a present as when he opened the box and went "Klipsch who?". At that stage all I had to trust was Amazon and other websites reviewers however it looks like he loves his new toy and my mariage is still intact.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Designed to rock ..............., 18 Nov. 2007
Mr K (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
........ any iPod(R), digital music player, gaming machine, cell phone or portable satellite radio that features a headphone jack."

That's what it says on the box and that's what it does!

I bought the iGrove HG and I love it! Why?...
- great sound (clear & good range)
- robust design (looks like it will withstand a fall - not that I want to try it out!)
- stylish 'liquid black' looks (to match my black 80GB iPod Classic)
- handle indent at rear makes it easy to carry between rooms (if you don't want to move it there's lots of volume).

Now I have the system I agree with most of previous reviews (thank you all as you helped me decide this was the one for me). Amazon performed very well as usual on price and delivery.

I was only looking for a stereo system so the following features that aren't present didn't worry me.
- No USB connection to PC/MAC (I have a separate dock in my office);
- No S-video connection for TV (see SXT model if you want this) and
- No battery power

Before buying, I emailed ProMedia to check compatibility with my Classic and their very prompt response was:
"The IGroove, IGroove HG, and IGroove SXT are all compatible with the IPod Classic 80GB. I would suggest the SXT model. It includes an S-video output for playing your IPod videos on your tv. Also, the SXT is the latest model and should be compatible with future IPods. The IGroove and IGroove HG have been discontinued, therefore, we may or may not be supporting future IPods for those particular models."

The SXT (offering S-video and guaranteed support of future iPods) is still a few months away from availability through Amazon (not sure about elsewhere) but looks like being available for the current price of HG. However, if you want something to use now, plan to stick with a current model of iPod and want purely a good quality speaker system then the performance of the iGrove HG for its price tag at Amazon makes it a very strong offering to contend with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!! Get some, 28 Feb. 2007
Mrs. P. A. Holloway "Mrs Fidge" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
I was un-decided whether to go with the Bose or these - well as they were a birthday gift for myself I chose to save money - aren't I glad, these are absolutely fantastic, worth every penny. My two teenage kids have asked for these for Christmas (just tells you how loud they go). The sound is terrific even at high volume. What I especially like about these speakers is your ipod is nestled in the speakers all neat and tidy and not jutting out the top just waiting to be snapped off. If anyone is undecided go with these - you wont be sorry

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmmm, 18 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (Electronics)
Sorry to spoil the 5-star party, but I had problems with this and had to return it. Docking was initially ok with two iPod 80GB Classics and an iPhone 3G, but after a couple of months, of very light usage I hasten to add, both iPods and iPhone would not connect properly with the male pin connector - I really don't know why, as there was nothing loose and the connection seemed firm. The iPods would not play or charge, unless I tilted them forward to a fully vertical position, and then they would charge and I would be able to play music, but ofcourse I wasn't happy holding these in place or sticking something behind to keep them in this vertical position (yes I did experiment with the slider on the iGroove - made no difference). In any case, I found the docking to be very tight and a bit hit-and-miss. I think there is a design flaw here. Has anybody else experienced this? On the plus side, the sound quality for such a unit, at such a low price, was good, but not great. If you're downgrading from a separates system for convenience, you will sacrifice sound quality big-time. Twenty years ago I was getting far better sound out of vinyl on a turntable, with a separate amp and speakers, so how far has technology really come? - convenient, one-box, neat solution 'yes'. Replace proper HiFi system, 'no'. I am going to try to listen to a Bose in-store, or probably I should be looking at the Vita, though it is 6 times more expensive. I hope I haven't put too much of a downer on this. Make sure you are happy with the docking before you buy - I'm not sure which High St retailers sell this. All the best to you.